Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Sam & Max looking good (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/18900-sam-max-looking-good.html)

The Seed 02-15-2007 02:31 PM

Sam & Max looking good

OK, I can't really comment on the quality of the latest Sam & Max Episodes because after playing through about half of Culture Shock I realised my computer wasn't going to run it at an acceptable rate, which I'm obviously gutted about. That said, I've just seen the latest batch of screenshots and have to say the art style seems to be getting better and better, I'd even go as far as to say it's almost back to the visual quality of the original game, which considering it's full 3D is an amazing achievement. Check this out...

http://www.adventuregamers.com/image...ge.php?id=6491

I'm looking forward to getting the Season box set, by which time I'll hopefully have a good enough PC.

numble 02-15-2007 02:47 PM

Just curious, what are your computer specs?

(Just asking to see if there is some other reason for the problems with running Sam and Max on your machine--it's supposedly designed for very minimal specs for a new 3d game)

eriq 02-15-2007 03:05 PM

Telltale's really got the right idea. Sam and Max is on fire!

fov 02-15-2007 03:18 PM

There's a trailer up now too: http://www.telltalegames.com/samandmax/lincolnmustdie

eriq 02-15-2007 03:25 PM

enjoy!

HieroHero 02-15-2007 03:46 PM

Episode 4 looks really good.. Loving the screenshot of the front of the Whitehouse :D

"please do not feed the surveillance"

D.C. 02-15-2007 05:09 PM

Wow, those screenshots look the best yet! I love this new series so much. I can't wait to get my hands on this.

Ariel Type 02-15-2007 05:09 PM

Oh my.. That Bosco-so-called-russian parody.. I wonder when those "usanka-samovar-matrioshka-valenki" stereotipes will change :7
But that's not the case, really) Bosko changes his nationality. For the 3rd time! The same, I guess, will happen to Sybil (change of interests).. And those annoying Pepper boys, again.. Guys, you're getting repeatative.
The idea of political satire looks interesting and refreshing, but if the gameplay and jokes remain the same, it will be rather annoying (it was already annoying in the 3rd installment)..

Edit Haha, Bosco even has soviet symbolic on his hat) Welcome to XXI century ;)

ATMachine 02-15-2007 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HieroHero (Post 391146)
Episode 4 looks really good.. Loving the screenshot of the front of the Whitehouse :D

"please do not feed the surveillance"

Actually it says "please do not feed the submarine". There's a periscope poking out of the pool.

And is that Max's boxing glove, which he said in Episode 3 that he'd lost somewhere?

Armand1880 02-15-2007 07:46 PM

Episode 4 looks cool, i just hope it doesn't get too political. I just hope it doesn't mock Bush or anything. I mean, that has it's place, I just hope it's not in Sam and Max.

HieroHero 02-15-2007 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armand1880 (Post 391229)
Episode 4 looks cool, i just hope it doesn't get too political. I just hope it doesn't mock Bush or anything.

Yes heaven forbid they mock Bush..what a crime :shifty:

From the gametap trailer I dont get that impression at all by the way..

The Seed 02-15-2007 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by numble (Post 391100)
Just curious, what are your computer specs?

(Just asking to see if there is some other reason for the problems with running Sam and Max on your machine--it's supposedly designed for very minimal specs for a new 3d game)

I've tried it on both my home PC (which I fear doesn't have enough RAM) and my Laptop (only has a 32MB Graphics card). In both cases it runs just fine for a while but then gets more and more sluggish until eventually I'm waiting 5 minutes between screens loading up.

bpfinsa 02-16-2007 12:52 AM

The president in the trailer don't look like Bush...probably just shooting for a "generic president" type character.

And yep, the golf course on the lawn reminded me a lot of the style where they had the bungie jumpinig setup at Mount Rushmore in the original.

--BPF

Naveed 02-16-2007 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpfinsa (Post 391289)
The president in the trailer don't look like Bush...probably just shooting for a "generic president" type character.

And yep, the golf course on the lawn reminded me a lot of the style where they had the bungie jumpinig setup at Mount Rushmore in the original.

--BPF

In the trailer, the first guy in the white house with green eyes who looks like a monkey is not the president? I thought it was quite an obvious reference.

ATMachine 02-16-2007 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpfinsa (Post 391289)

You're very probably right. The president in Telltale's game has brown hair and a 1950's style military flat-top haircut.

Please let's not let this thread turn into a political flamewar. :)

Panthera 02-16-2007 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Seed (Post 391278)
I've tried it on both my home PC (which I fear doesn't have enough RAM) and my Laptop (only has a 32MB Graphics card). In both cases it runs just fine for a while but then gets more and more sluggish until eventually I'm waiting 5 minutes between screens loading up.

I have that problem too actually. The game eats all my memory, so the further I play, the choppier it gets.. I played the first two with 512mb Ram, and I have now upgraded to 1024. Don't know if it works yet, but a temporary fix is just to quit the game every half hour..

Marek 02-16-2007 08:31 AM

The game is obviously avoiding real politics. Give it a break. :shifty:

Jake 02-16-2007 08:57 AM

Actually, in episode 4 Sam and Max go to Iraq to interview the troops, and spend a week living with a formerly-middle-class Iraqi family to try and understand the effects of the war. Then they pants the alien overlord who was responsible for enslaving the anccient Egyptians into building pyramids, Max uses his telepathic powers to do battle with a tentacle beast in the local supermarket, and then they take the DeSoto off some jumps at dangerously high speeds, firing their guns into the air.

fov 02-16-2007 10:11 AM

For people for whom the game gets sluggish after you've played for awhile - quit and then launch the game again. Should fix it.

It's a little annoying, but it seems to work.

thriftweed 02-16-2007 10:18 AM

Is this problem going to be officially fixed?