You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2007, 02:17 PM   #1
Vigilant

Default Insecticide

Ohhhhhhh boy!

A stylish film noir based game with anthropimorphisised insects solving mysteries in an action adventure world??? Due to my interest in entomology, noir, and adventure games, I don't think they could cater a better game to my interests! Even better, an all new adventure game developer in the making, Crackpot Entertainment, has just announced itself today! And guess who is at the lead of the team? Yep, it's Mike Levine, the guy who helped design games such as DOTT, S&M, and CMI!

Check it out in this article if you haven't already: http://www.adventuregamers.com/article/id,723

This really is a good day to be an adventure gamer.

Last edited by TangentBlack; 02-12-2007 at 02:33 PM.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:31 PM   #2
Under pressure.

Crackpot = Developer, and Gamecock Media = Publisher.

I'm also looking forward to this!

--Erwin
Old 02-12-2007, 02:33 PM   #3
Vigilant

I was halfway down my hall when I realized that, Erwin. You beat me to it!
Old 02-12-2007, 02:35 PM   #4
Under pressure.

Hehe. Usually I'm not that fast

--Erwin
Old 02-12-2007, 02:36 PM   #5

It's not an adventure game, why the frenzy?

The Biggest Adventure Games Source In Greece
Old 02-12-2007, 02:40 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
It's not an adventure game, why the frenzy?
Why not? Very interesting story, fun characters, some potentially cool things to do in the gameworld. But there's a little bit of action in it.

That might kill the enthusiasm for some but don't kill it for others just because you may not be excited.

Last edited by Melanie68; 02-12-2007 at 06:22 PM.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:15 PM   #7
self-distracted

Send a message via MSN to maladroid

What Melanie said. Just because some people are able to see further than you, standing in front of them to block their eyesight won't help.

Proud supporter of Tex Murphy - Project Fedora
Old 02-12-2007, 03:42 PM   #8

From what I gathered from the interview (which I really only ploughed through), it's going to have both adventure game elements as well as action elements, just like a noir movie would have. After all, it's not just investigation, questioning, searching for clues and such, it also contains car-chases, shooting and stuff like that. In theory, it sounds really good. But no games have yet to include both kinds of gameplay equally good.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:16 PM   #9
Super Moderator

I never want to force a game down someone's throat and if some of the elements that have been described don't sound appealing to some, I think that's fine. But if it doesn't sound like your cup of tea, just don't pay attention to it.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:27 PM   #10

I'm anxiously awaiting this game, actually. I think it's the best news I've heard in a long while, I just hope it's not as long way off as A Vampyre Story was from the announcement. A lot of companies announce their games waaaaay too early, and it seems to happen more frequent with adventure game developers. I want the game to be at least 50% complete when there's an announcement about it, and that it'll be out BEFORE the end of the year, especially when we're as early in the year as now (february).
Old 02-12-2007, 05:42 PM   #11
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

Well it IS being designed by the masters. Peter Chan is a genius. The concept work reeks of classic LucasArts style. And the whole story is just so fresh and fun. Sounds like a "Beyond Good & Evil" type action adventure and I couldn't be more excited myself!

I would NOT be opposed to the team putting out a cutting edge adventure game as well. I think if there's anyone who can do it, it's these guys.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:47 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriq View Post
Sounds like a "Beyond Good & Evil" type action adventure and I couldn't be more excited myself!
Ditto! This game is now in first place on my game wish list!
Old 02-13-2007, 01:02 AM   #13
Puts the 'e' in Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonBlue View Post
I just hope it's not as long way off as A Vampyre Story was from the announcement.
I obviously don't know if the game will indeed be done by the end of the year but I do know that Crackpot didn't want to announce the game until it had a publisher. I think Vampyre Story was announced first and then shopped around, whereas Insecticide was being pitched silently to publishers.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:13 AM   #14

What I am saying is, you don't have to jump to the roof just because an ex-Lucas designer is working on a game. Wait and see if the game is good and then judge it. I am not much in the 'oh god, oh god I can't breath from the anticipation' attitude.

The Biggest Adventure Games Source In Greece
Old 02-13-2007, 01:18 AM   #15

Sounds awesome..
Old 02-13-2007, 01:19 AM   #16
Adventure Game Elitist

Send a message via ICQ to Gonchi Send a message via MSN to Gonchi Send a message via Yahoo to Gonchi

While I'm not overly enthusiastic about it (though I hardly ever am over any game any more), I am interested. I'll probably be keeping an eye on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texallos View Post
What Melanie said. Just because some people are able to see further than you, standing in front of them to block their eyesight won't help.
*cringe*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68 View Post
I never want to force a game down someone's throat and if some of the elements that have been described don't sound appealing to some, I think that's fine. But if it doesn't sound like your cup of tea, just don't pay attention to it.
That would be the logical and smart thing to do, no one's going to do it.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:25 AM   #17
Jumping peanut on a stick

I don't know how the game will be, but i love the concept and graphic style looks gorgeous (it does carry some of the LucasArts feel)!
Old 02-13-2007, 02:21 AM   #18
capsized.

Quote:
Your company is called Crackpot Entertainment and your publisher is Gamecock Media Group. Aren't those names a little... weird?
You crack me up little buddy. Also: A Peter McConnell soundtrack! W00t!

Last edited by samIamsad; 02-13-2007 at 02:29 AM. Reason: w00t!!
Old 02-13-2007, 02:41 AM   #19
Explode the Universe!

Send a message via MSN to SnorkleCat Send a message via Yahoo to SnorkleCat

Quote:
What I am saying is, you don't have to jump to the roof just because an ex-Lucas designer is working on a game. Wait and see if the game is good and then judge it. I am not much in the 'oh god, oh god I can't breath from the anticipation' attitude.
Hehe...I'm inclined to agree myself. I usually need more information before I start doing back flips.

But you know what? I will probably like it better because it has the action elements in it. (hangs head in shame) I didn't realize it a few months ago, but I really like action elements in adventure games.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:34 AM   #20
gin soaked boy

Saw that earlier today, it certainly has potential. Other announced Gamecock games also seem interesting, especially that Mushroom Men: The Spore War craziness.