You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Bioscopia, Chemicus, and Physicus

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2007, 12:02 PM   #1
eXo

Default Bioscopia, Chemicus, and Physicus

I've been playing this adventure game lately called "Collect Every Adventure Game Known to Man that is Worth a Damn". The puzzles involved getting good deals on eBay, scouring all my local half priced book stores software sections, cursing when i find better quality versions of games i already have, re-buying previously mentioned better quality versions, cursing some more, and generally scouring the net for references to games I was not aware of.

My latest quest i gave myself was to find Chemicus. After reading reviews of the trilogy of science games I was really intrigued. I'm a geologist myself and I currently work in a chemical lab, so i figured this would be great fun. What i didn't realize was that Chemicus was some sort of holy grail, the type that goes for 70-100 bucks on eBay. I found Physicus for 2 dollars - so I was 1/3 the way there. After searching Amazon, eBay, and several small CD shops (CD access) I had almost given up on Chemicus for now... and then I tried Chips and Bits - they are selling the game for about 20 dollars (and Bioscopia was only $14)

---break---
bidding on realMyst
---break---

45 friggin bucks for myst... <grumble grumble>

Anyways... Point being, for anyone interested in Chemicus- thats a great deal.

I've also got CD copies of all the kyrandia games for sell if anyone wants them...lol (got overzealous and bid on 2 auctions at the same time.. who knew I would win them both! lol)
Old 02-03-2007, 06:34 AM   #2
Ronin

I listed my used copy of Physicus on eBay a couple of months ago for $2 and got no takers.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:43 PM   #3
eXo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapstorm View Post
I listed my used copy of Physicus on eBay a couple of months ago for $2 and got no takers.
wow, good price - had I been looking for it then I'm sure I would have snapped it up. Of the three games though, it definately seems to be the most common (based on eBay prices, amazon prices, and general availability)
Old 02-07-2007, 02:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXo View Post
I've been playing this adventure game lately called "Collect Every Adventure Game Known to Man that is Worth a Damn".
This game your playing, I played it for a while as well, until I actually realised during the breaks in loading the round plastic metallic thing in my PC, that some of the games were utter cack. And I loathe 3D. No regrets though.

There is always some gem.