Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Random soundtrack question (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/18714-random-soundtrack-question.html)

Kingzjester 01-30-2007 04:56 PM

Random soundtrack question

Did Gabriel Knight 3 have a cool soundtrack? I can't for the life of me remember if it was any good. I don't feel like torrenting it or installing the game and a brief google search didn't produce much of anything and none of the immediate youtube finds were particularly enlightening. I remember taking note of the GK3 soundtrack at some point while playing, but I don't remember if it was a positive note or a negative one.

Halp.

Intrepid Homoludens 01-30-2007 05:05 PM

It was good, though nothing over the top (don't expect Rachmaninoff). Jensen's husband composed it, I think.

D.C. 01-30-2007 05:36 PM

The theme song over the main menu is pretty iconic. I liked the orchestral score. It added to the atmosphere. Some of the tunes stand on their own without the game as well.

Edit: There's a link to the music in this thread.

Junkface 01-31-2007 05:49 AM

I recall it as quite good and very dynamic (clips of around ten seconds each were fitted together randomly I believe) but then again, I've never bothered to listen to it outside the game, so it may in fact have been shit.

Fairygdmther 02-01-2007 09:22 AM

Kingz - here are some from MM

pg1
pg2
gallery

FGM

Simo Sakari Aaltonen 02-05-2007 01:52 AM

The main themes were written by Robert Holmes, David Henry orchestrated and did additional work. The soundtrack is definitely classy and cool.

FGM: Unless Kingzjester is synesthetic, he may not get much in the way of aural information from the linked pages! :D

Simo Sakari Aaltonen
(simo:)adventurecompanion.com)

www.adventurecompanion.com

Erwin_Br 02-05-2007 10:58 AM

Wow. I had to look twice at the date this was posted. I thought someone digged up an ancient thread again. :D

--Erwin

Fairygdmther 02-06-2007 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simo Sakari Aaltonen (Post 388025)
The main themes were written by Robert Holmes, David Henry orchestrated and did additional work. The soundtrack is definitely classy and cool.

FGM: Unless Kingzjester is synesthetic, he may not get much in the way of aural information from the linked pages! :D

Simo Sakari Aaltonen
(simo:)adventurecompanion.com)

www.adventurecompanion.com

Simo - these are galleries which Ghostlady has playing the themes from the games as you look at the pics. Did you try the links yourself?

Edit - the third link isn't working now.

FGM