You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Gamespot Interview: Jane Jensen on Gray Matter

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2007, 03:41 PM   #41

Send a message via ICQ to Owskie Send a message via AIM to Owskie Send a message via MSN to Owskie Send a message via Yahoo to Owskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.C. View Post
Awww man. You just dissed GK3. My all-time favourite game. This means war. Despite graphics aging I still think both games have kept their atmosphere and appeal. But I thought we agreed to disagree!
im trying to play GK 3 again... it wont install , im so bummed.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:52 PM   #42
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owskie View Post
Oh no, no, no... dont get me wrong. I love TLJ, really I do. I was commenting on the backgrounds soley. I much prefer the warmth of a hand drawn background to what TLJ however. To me, the backgrounds of TLJ feel "plastic" now, while TLJ was an amazing game.
So it's ultimately about personal preferences, right? Graphically the only serious complaint I have about TLJ is the embarrassingly horrible 3D character excecution. It was always agonizing having to watch a severely jagged and grossly under-detailed April Ryan (and the others) move on top of highly detailed 2D screens. Still, the characterizations and the epic story, music, sound design, and other elements combined were more than enough to make up for it.

However, I will not forgive Tornquist and his team for the shit job in the character graphics, surely the fact that they lavished so much attention on everything else should've meant they do the same here.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-05-2007, 03:57 PM   #43

Send a message via ICQ to Owskie Send a message via AIM to Owskie Send a message via MSN to Owskie Send a message via Yahoo to Owskie

Purely personal preferences, sorry my writings latley havent been coming off as clear as they should be. BTW Intrepid, check your PM's.

Yea, the character models sucked :-(
Old 03-05-2007, 05:07 PM   #44

Now that's better.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:41 PM   #45

Send a message via ICQ to Nautilus

Nice interview. She is very aware about her own talents and about the game market.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:11 PM   #46

except someone needs to buy the rights to GK
Old 03-05-2007, 08:06 PM   #47
merely human

No shayt. I'm still entertaining a little fantasy of a multiplatform GK4 using the HL2 Source engine (or Unreal 3), with real time physics and A.I. exploited for some of the puzzle challenges, real time facial expressions, and a souped up S.I.D.N.E.Y. to actually go online while in-game.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-05-2007, 08:25 PM   #48

Innnteresting Intrepid, while i would prefer a hand drawn GK, the way source could be used for puzzles would surely be interesting.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:30 PM   #49
merely human

Imagine intellectual challenges using A.I.

Old 03-05-2007, 08:33 PM   #50

There is actually a game I want to make thats an adventure game based of the source engine. Will never get made though :-(