Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   So frustrating!!! NEED NEW GAME! (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/18535-so-frustrating-need-new-game.html)

Idta 01-18-2007 12:06 PM

So frustrating!!! NEED NEW GAME!

I am going nuts

I have been on gamepot and this site for about 2 hours now looking for amazing adventure games that I havn't already played...
Now if I was looking for a game from the 80s or 90s this would be easy...But after playing games that look like dreamfall and ferenheight I just keep wanting more!!! Most of you people hate the fact that there are tons of cut scenes and not a lot of HARD puzzles (which I dont like since I always end up needing a walkthrough cuz im a dumbass) but I love it... its a new twist on adventure games and I wish I could find more games like it...
a lot of you mentioned Shen Mue or whatever you call it but that is not on PC and I have no consoles unfortunatly.
So if anyone knows of any games in the lines of Dreamfall/ferenheight ect...it would be greatly appriciated !!!

tsa 01-18-2007 12:33 PM

Have you played the Tex Murphy games yet? I know the're old, bit they may fit you well.

Jacques l'aliéné 01-18-2007 12:33 PM

Hi Idta.

Try Syberia, Scratches or, if you want a spooky (and distrubing older game that's not too tough), have a go at The Blackstone Chronicles.

There are more. But that's what comes to mind at the mo.. :)

tsa 01-18-2007 12:34 PM

And I don't say that only because I'm a Tex Murphy fan! :D

Stain 01-18-2007 12:40 PM

I know you are talking about PC specific games, but the Gamespot Nintendo DS section has several glowing reviews for new adventure games. It really does not cost that much to buy into the DS either (when compared to buying PC equipment).

Idta 01-18-2007 12:48 PM

OOOk
1) Tex murphy and The Blackstone Chronicles look a bit too old for my taste I am looking for something that is set either in the future or current times...and has recent graphics
2) I already played Syberia AND scartches lol

I really like freaky games like silent hill and stuff...and conspiracies like moment of silence lol

I know this is a hard mission but if someone can find me a great game I will do your laundry for a full month :O:O:O

nihil 01-18-2007 12:51 PM

If you don't mind some action I can recommend you "Call of Cthulhu - Dark Corners of the earth". It's not a pure adventure, but one of the best Action/Adventure-Hybrids I've ever played.

And it's a game based on Lovecraft's world, so it's a must-have anyway ;-)

Idta 01-18-2007 12:57 PM

I actually really dont mind some actions it makes the game better imo...and I loved it in ferenheit and dreamfall :S
That game (I just searched it in gamespot) looks pretty cool too, I just hope the first person aspect of it wont make me feel like puking lol
Any other ideas?! I would like to have a few things in mind when I go to EB ;)

Ghettobob22 01-18-2007 01:14 PM

Shadow of Destiny is available on both PS2 and PC, although its not quite a normal Adventure

Idta 01-18-2007 01:17 PM

LOL I actually played that!!! It was a good game!!! very original lol

Jelena 01-18-2007 01:22 PM

What about Still Life? Great game imho.

Idta 01-18-2007 01:24 PM

lmao...again played that too :P
i burrow lots of games from friends and I used to have a good job so I own TONS of games...sad I know...lol

Jelena 01-18-2007 01:28 PM

The Black Mirror is sort of similar to Scratches although 3rd person perspective.
Both games take place in old English manors and have a dark story to reveal.

Solid Snake 01-18-2007 01:52 PM

Try Blade Runner and Sanitarium also if you don't mind action I recommend The Suffering.

Gonchi 01-18-2007 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idta (Post 382473)
I am going nuts

I have been on gamepot and this site for about 2 hours now looking for amazing adventure games that I havn't already played...
Now if I was looking for a game from the 80s or 90s this would be easy...But after playing games that look like dreamfall and ferenheight I just keep wanting more!!! Most of you people hate the fact that there are tons of cut scenes and not a lot of HARD puzzles (which I dont like since I always end up needing a walkthrough cuz im a dumbass) but I love it... its a new twist on adventure games and I wish I could find more games like it...
a lot of you mentioned Shen Mue or whatever you call it but that is not on PC and I have no consoles unfortunatly.
So if anyone knows of any games in the lines of Dreamfall/ferenheight ect...it would be greatly appriciated !!!

Have you played Discworld Noir?

Crapstorm 01-18-2007 02:34 PM

If you're really a dumbass, I recommend watching Lord of the Rings with a Playstation controller in your hands.

Melanie68 01-18-2007 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crapstorm (Post 382529)
If you're really a dumbass, I recommend watching Lord of the Rings with a Playstation controller in your hands.

You know, I'm not exactly sure what to make of this comment. :confused:

I don't know what point you are trying to make.

Idta 01-18-2007 02:50 PM

Gonchi --> No I have not but I will look into it and update you with what i think
Crapstorm--> I do not know what point you are trying to make as well as Melanie, but by stating I am a dumbass did not mean I am mentally retarded, just that most of the time in adventure games I dont know how to solve puzzles or what not (especially when 80% of them dont make sense)

GreyFuss 01-18-2007 03:04 PM

Since it was mentioned here. Does anyone know if there is a Demo for "Call of Cthulhu - Dark Corners of the earth"?

Crapstorm 01-18-2007 03:04 PM

Ah, okay. I too am a dumbass. A large number of adventure game puzzles and challenges don't make any sense to me either. But that doesn't mean that I want nothing to do with puzzles. I just want good ones.

My smarmy comment earlier didn't have much of a point, but behind it is my frustration about the lack of interactivity in today's games (not just adventure games).