You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure So did anyone played, Dilemma, Dead Mountainer's Hotel or Star Heritage 1?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2007, 08:25 PM   #1

Default So did anyone played, Dilemma, Dead Mountainer's Hotel or Star Heritage 1?

If so how did they turn out?
Old 01-03-2007, 12:48 PM   #2
Dungeon Master

Ah, the interesting looking Russian games that just can't seem to get an English publisher... I'd be interested to hear some opinions, too, if anybody here played them. (Ariel Type?) Of the three, I believe Star Heritage was additionaly released in German-speaking territories, so perhaps even a couple of non-Russian-speaking forumites have had a first-hand experience with that one as well.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP View Post
Ah, the interesting looking Russian games that just can't seem to get an English publisher... I'd be interested to hear some opinions, too, if anybody here played them. (Ariel Type?) Of the three, I believe Star Heritage was additionaly released in German-speaking territories, so perhaps even a couple of non-Russian-speaking forumites have had a first-hand experience with that one as well.
Yeah it was, but I am not gonna spend 30 bucks on a game speaking in German. I might if I hear good things about it...
Old 01-03-2007, 02:18 PM   #4
LA-S-LE

Star Heritage was an OK-game, but nothing special. Very short and very easy. It was mostly admired by Spectrum fans, who remember the original game (I don't ). Beautiful (but still) pictures and nice soundtrack - that's all.
Hotel is not out yet, and Dilemma looks interesting, but not very promising. Dialogs are awful and character movements are of "robot" type. Though it's just a beginning..
Old 01-03-2007, 03:10 PM   #5
In an evening of July...

Now, I'm intrigued. How come I've never even heard of Star Heritage and Dilemma before?

At least Star Heritage seems to be tasty, I'll be downloading the demo, although I'm not too excited about the action sequences. Here are a few screenshots.

Dilemma looks like a budget game, done quickly to get some money for other projects. The graphics alone look like made by a 11 year old kid in Cinema4D.

About Dead Mountaineer's Hotel: I'll try to get my hands on the Russian version as soon as it is released. And I'll certainly try the demo that is "coming out soon".
Old 01-03-2007, 11:00 PM   #6

Send a message via ICQ to Nautilus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuze View Post
Dilemma looks like a budget game, done quickly to get some money for other projects. The graphics alone look like made by a 11 year old kid in Cinema4D.
Nah, nice graphics... videogame console style.
Cinema4D is an old runner, but Release 10 has some nice animation and rendering tools.

Last edited by Nautilus; 01-03-2007 at 11:06 PM.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:19 AM   #7
LA-S-LE

Quote:
Dilemma looks like a budget game, done quickly to get some money for other projects.
Actually it was in development for about 3 years. Some things (including full 3D) were left undone, thanks to the greedy publisher I guess.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:48 PM   #8
It's Hard To Be Humble

Well, two of those look interesting. I'm partial to Dead Mountaineer's Hotel, myself. Star Heritage looks good, although I'm not entirely sure I'm up for playing Firefly.