Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   What is the worst Adventure Game of 2006? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/18306-what-worst-adventure-game-2006-a.html)

Gabe 12-30-2006 01:07 PM

What is the worst Adventure Game of 2006?

What is the worst Adventure Game of 2006?

Kurufinwe 12-30-2006 01:28 PM

BS4, hands down. Often good writing, but dumb plot, ugly graphics, and many nonsensical puzzles. But the worst for me was really the interface (lousy controls and inability to skip lines). That meant I never even wanted to try to explore the game and solve the puzzles, because I was afraid I'd get angry failing to go where I wanted to go or having to relisten to the same lines a million times while I looked at / tried stuff. With an interface as good as, say, Tunguska's, it would have been rather mediocre; as it was, playing it was a complete chore for me. I was rather pleasantly surprised with BS3 (dumb end sequence notwithstanding), but BS4 really didn't work for me.

There were a few other games I wasn't overly fond of this year, but none half as painful to play as that.

Wouter 12-30-2006 01:38 PM

I only bought two of those in the list: Paradise and Broken Sword 4.

Having never played any Broken Sword before number 4, i didn't expect much. I installed it, played the beginning and stopped. Poor controls, uninspiring graphics,... nope, i didn't impress. Maybe i'll pick it up again one day.

Paradise is a different story. Having loved the Syberia games, i expected so much from Sokal and got so dissapointed in the end. Still, it had some of the most beautifull scenery and background graphics... but the game itself was awfull and so was the interface, the dialogue, the code, the bugs,...

In the end, both BS4 and Paradise weren't good. I don't really mind about BS4, but Sokal's new game was a serious dissapointment.

Dasilva 12-30-2006 02:09 PM

Paradise was seriously broken.

Noone dare suggest Dreamfall as the worst adventure game of the year, ya hear?! :D

Thrik 12-30-2006 02:57 PM

Where's Scratches, eh?!

Solid Snake 12-30-2006 03:06 PM

Where's Dreamfall?

Gabe 12-30-2006 03:11 PM

C' mon guys you may not like them bit but they just not plain bad.

NemelChelovek 12-30-2006 03:26 PM

You should put those options on there anyway. It's asking people what the worst adventure game of '06 is, and those were games that came out in '06.

While you're at it, add Secret Files: Tunguska. The things I said while playing that game would make the Pope question the existence of God.

MadTricks 12-30-2006 03:34 PM

Haven't played much of them, but CSI3, not good.

Solid Snake 12-30-2006 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabe (Post 377222)
C' mon guys you may not like them bit but they just not plain bad.

Then why did you include Runaway 2 , it certainly doesn't deserve to be in that list.

fov 12-30-2006 04:52 PM

What an uplifting poll. :sad:

The only two I've played so far are Al Emmo and CSI3, both of which I enjoyed very much.

Thrik 12-30-2006 05:16 PM

Yeah, it's a bit dense to make a poll like this but then complain when we suggest additional titles. If the only games there are ones that you think are bad, then what exactly is the point of asking us which game we think is the worst of 2006?

Kolzig 12-30-2006 05:47 PM

Broken Sword 4, the only one of those that I've experienced in some way.

AprilLives 12-30-2006 07:29 PM

A worthy question but unlikely to be valid unless one has played every game on the list in order to compare. Also, “Other” would have nicely enhanced the options.

The only game on the list I played is Paradise. And although it is seriously flawed, it has some awesome moments that make me doubt it is the worst game on the list.

Cold-Factor 12-30-2006 09:23 PM

It may just be me, but I don't think any of these games really deserve the dubious honour of being declared the worst adventure game of 2006. They were pretty alright, and not the horror shows we'd expect from typical 'bad' games.

Kolorabi 12-31-2006 03:06 AM

IMO, the worst adventure of the year would be this one: http://www.adventuregamers.com/article/id,643

(though it's not been released everywhere yet, so it's no surprise people don't know how crappy it is)

equallyAvant 12-31-2006 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolorabi (Post 377323)
IMO, the worst adventure of the year would be this one: http://www.adventuregamers.com/article/id,643

(though it's not been released everywhere yet, so it's no surprise people don't know how crappy it is)

????:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: ?????:pan:
Let me guess. And you know how crappy this game is. Tha fact that its still in production is meaningless

nordic_guy 12-31-2006 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by equallyAvant (Post 377331)
????:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: ?????:pan:
Let me guess. And you know how crappy this game is. Tha fact that its still in production is meaningless

It's released in Norway at least (and I suppose Denmark, Finland and Sweden as well).

Isak 12-31-2006 05:25 AM

Yes, it has been released in Sweden... You could get the game if you collected 10 bottles of Julmust or something...

Havrepus 12-31-2006 05:31 AM

That sounds rather cheap..