Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Christmas Quest 2, anyone? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/18251-christmas-quest-2-anyone.html)

Jackal 12-24-2006 05:46 PM

Christmas Quest 2, anyone?

It's here! The moment hopefully someone besides our mothers have been waiting for! An early Christmas present from us to you.

Merry Christmas, AG. :)

Fairygdmther 12-24-2006 07:52 PM

I'm stuck already. I know, I'm hopeless. Pleeeeease don't leave me hanging like this on Christmas Eve! Help!

Spoiler:
Okay, I have a mitt, a corkscrew, a broken faucet, and the ultipan. None will combine for me with anything else, and I can't turn the banana shaped knobs as is.

The lines are hilarious - you guys must have had great fun coming up with them.

FGM

Panthera 12-24-2006 07:56 PM

I'm still stuck in the first game.. :crazy: Stupid missing key!
I'll try some more though, because I want to play this game this Christmas too.. ;)

Karmillo 12-24-2006 07:57 PM

Christmas Quest 2!

Ooooo Awesome! :D

Ill probably download the later version aswell cause allot of these bugs are kinda freaky...well the only bug Ive seen is to do with walk paths (especialy with the elf Moonwalking...or was that intentional? :P)

I'm stuck now though, used up half my inventory and have made no progress :frown:

Jackal 12-24-2006 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairygdmther (Post 376121)
I'm stuck already. I know, I'm hopeless. Pleeeeease don't leave me hanging like this on Christmas Eve! Help!

FGM, can you start a thread in Hints? I'll help you over there. I'd rather leave this thread for overall feedback. :)

Panthera, same to you. If you're stuck in CQ1 (great idea to play that first!), feel free to post in Hints.

EDIT:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Karmillo
(especialy with the elf Moonwalking...or was that intentional? )

I'd love to say it was, but I'd be lying. :D

Really, though, I don't want to scare people off by mentioning the bugs. It's really nothing that should disrupt the game. Just a few things that you'll know we didn't intend exactly as it appears. ;)

Iceadventure 12-24-2006 08:28 PM

I don´t hear any music when I am playing. Should there be talk in the beginning like that was talk in the beginning in the first game. Anyone else having this silence ingame?

Jackal 12-24-2006 08:31 PM

There's no voice narration (yet, possibly ever). You should definitely be hearing music, though. :frown: There are sound options in the Winsetup file in the game directory. You might try playing with those, and/or maybe turning sound acceleration down.

tsa 12-24-2006 09:42 PM

Hohoho, merry Christmas everybody! Thanks very much for the gift, AG team! Since my GF and I broke up a few days ago I have more than enough time to play it ;(

RLacey 12-24-2006 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceadventure (Post 376133)
I don´t hear any music when I am playing. Should there be talk in the beginning like that was talk in the beginning in the first game. Anyone else having this silence ingame?

You could try what I have to do, since Windows keeps resetting it :shifty:.

In the advanced volume controls there may be a setting labelled "SW Synth" (you may have to add it to the list in preferences), which keeps resetting itself to minimum on my PC. When I raise it again the music suddenly becomes audible.

You would not believe how annoying this was for me.

MadTricks 12-25-2006 06:28 AM

Best gift ever!!
Seems great game. :)
Played a little bit.

Stuck at same place as Fairygdmther.
Must see hints :)

..release shoulde have been earlier, maybe couple of days before christmas.
But no biggie

Thanks AG!

tsa 12-25-2006 06:41 AM

Finished it

Am I the first who finished it? It was fun, although I didn't understand the logic behind the... ahh, what am I talking about?

Jackal 12-25-2006 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadTricks (Post 376180)
..release shoulde have been earlier, maybe couple of days before christmas.

Heh. If we could have, we would have, believe me. :crazy: It's been insane enough just getting an almost-finished version out when we did.

Tsa, sorry about your pre-Christmas disappointment. Hope the game gave you a bit of cheer, at least. :)

samIamsad 12-25-2006 07:57 AM

Wee, they've done it again! Downloading now. I wonder if they solved the massive cliffhanger from part 1. Which I played this November in anticipation for this sequel.

MadTricks 12-25-2006 11:58 AM

THANK YOU SO MUCH AG for this Greatest xmas Game ever!

U made my day.

Just completed it.

I loved the Crow joke and tearing snowman up..lol

I was little bit disappointed at the end puzzle, cause i clicked couple times randomly and it was solved :D

Little Dorks christmas was all about saving his kitchen from flooding.

Great, just Great. grapics were nice too. Backyard made my black christmas white.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AG!

-MadTricks

Jackal 12-25-2006 09:58 PM

Woo hoo! The CQ2 update is now complete, so if you were holding out for the final version, the wait is over! This is as good as it's gonna get. :P

Kolzig 12-26-2006 12:31 AM

Thanks for the game AG staff, it was sure a fun game to play during Christmas. I finally completed it a few moments ago.

I hope that everyones Christmas holidays went well and with lots of cheers, my holidays turned out to be really tough on the emotional side and the last few months too, that's why I haven't been here in a long time. I might go back in the shadows now, but who knows...

Pappapisshu 12-26-2006 07:45 PM

Can you play it on a mac!?

Jackal 12-27-2006 07:46 AM

It's done in AGS, which I think allows some games to be played on Macs if you've downloed the Mac beta binaries to do it. I don't know much about it, though, so if you're interested you can read more about it in this AGS forum thread.

Pappapisshu 12-27-2006 08:19 AM

Thank you! I will investigate the matter further. I would like to try this adventure game.

Hamham Chan 12-27-2006 11:05 AM

Thank you Adventure Gamers.com! :D
Christmas Quest 2 is just as good as the one we got last year, perhaps a bit better even. I especially liked all the references to other adventure games. Like the frozen hamster in the fridge and that horrible "simon says" thing from Fahrenheit. :)
I'm already salivating in anticipation of Christmas Quest 3! :9~