Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Monkey Island 5? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/18245-monkey-island-5-a.html)

smiley-xy 12-24-2006 10:10 AM

Monkey Island 5?

Yes or No? When?

Dale Baldwin 12-24-2006 10:15 AM

Not likely, I'd say.

5abanja 12-24-2006 01:07 PM

Yeaaaaaaahh, um like, NEVER. Or till 2015, says Lucas's Boss, buuut I don't trust the guy. No one does I presume.

wezyap 12-24-2006 01:13 PM

I wouldn't hold my breath

artwking4 12-24-2006 01:50 PM

Have you been living beneath a rock for the last few years, or sticking your fingers in your ears shouting "La la la, I'm not listening!!!" all this time? Monkey Island is dead, and so is just about every game series of our youth. Where did you ever get the ridiculous idea that LucasArts would be making another Monkey Island game? Seriously, I want to know what you were thinking.

Ariel Type 12-24-2006 04:12 PM

Still waiting for REAL Monkey Island 3..

VoodooFX 12-24-2006 04:47 PM

Funny how threads tend to repeat themselves every so often.

With all the creative force gone from LEC I believe it's for the best if they don't touch these adventure classics... EVER!

QFG 12-24-2006 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ariel Type (Post 376091)

???

VoodooFX 12-24-2006 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QFG (Post 376108)
???

He means one made by father of the series, Ron Gilbert.

Captain Blondebeard 12-24-2006 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artwking4 (Post 376055)
Have you been living beneath a rock for the last few years, or sticking your fingers in your ears shouting "La la la, I'm not listening!!!" all this time? Monkey Island is dead, and so is just about every game series of our youth. Where did you ever get the ridiculous idea that LucasArts would be making another Monkey Island game? Seriously, I want to know what you were thinking.

That is kind of rude. Perhaps he has an important job or something noble going on in his life. Seriously, games are not the most important things in the world. I suggest you take a break from the PC once in a while. You'd be suprised what one can accomplish.

artwking4 12-24-2006 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Blondebeard (Post 376139)
That is kind of rude. Perhaps he has an important job or something noble going on in his life. Seriously, games are not the most important things in the world. I suggest you take a break from the PC once in a while. You'd be suprised what one can accomplish.

What are you, a life coach? That's really special, and it warms my heart that you cared enough to dispense some words of wisdom to live by. However, you may keep your helpful hints for positive personal growth and a promise of a better tomorrow to yourself, Dr. Phil.:) They are unnecessary, since I actually don't spend all that much time agonizing over what strangers on the internet have to say about things.

I'm just tired of people asking the same questions OVER and OVER again, game related or not. Oh yes, I suppose, perhaps, the noble and otherwise well-spoken Prime Minister of Norway just can't be bothered to make complete sentences when addressing this forum, on account of having no personal time for the last five years. Or maybe he is too busy reading story books to deaf children and putting on puppet shows for the blind to be able to afford spending precious seconds to use the "SEARCH" function, seconds of time that could be used to visit local hospitals to give gifts to orphans with diseases or negotiate Middle East peace. I really should have considered that before I responded as harshly as it appears I did. I didn't realize how eloquently succinct he was trying to be or how pressed for time he was due to his great works.:crazy:

Still, chances are equally good that he doesn't have that kind of excuse and I'm completely justified in responding a little critically once in a while to yet another redundant, forum-clogging question that could have been answered by a simple google search.:pan:

QFG 12-24-2006 11:51 PM

Nah, you're just rude.

Terramax 12-25-2006 02:08 AM

Words of wisdom, artwking4, coming from a totally respectable citizen who wants to be in the military...

Solid Snake 12-25-2006 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ariel Type (Post 376091)

Get a life.

Sotaria 12-25-2006 06:38 AM

Well this thread has gotten downright nasty. ;( Merry Christmas everybody! :D

MdaG 12-25-2006 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sotaria (Post 376188)
Well this thread has gotten downright nasty. ;( Merry Christmas everybody! :D

I agree, certain people are posting pointless and mean posts.

VoodooFX 12-25-2006 08:08 AM

Yes, this has gone completely off-topic, so I'm closing it. Besides, there's nothing more to be said about the matter anyway.