You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Game choice advice

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2006, 01:09 PM   #1

Default Game choice advice

Hey guys;
It's been quite a long time I did not play adventure games and here I got my hands on Runaway2 which I was expecting the day I heard it was being in development.
Anyway, I've been a fan of games like Operation Stealth, some old Sierra, Indiana Jones (Last Crusade - Fate of Atlantis), Monkey Island series, Sam & Max Hit the Road, Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes, an Atari1200ST game I can't recall the name (80's design on a boat, investigating murders) Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle (the one I mostly enjoyed and always remember of), Full Throttle and I recall a game called "Digg" I believe but not sure at all it was adventure/or even called like that

I will soon have Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars which seems like a must play reading the review from this site.
I'm looking for other titles I should try that kind of meet the games I listed above; any advices are welcome.
Thanks in advance.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:01 PM   #2
professional recluse

Oh, I think you'll LOVE Broken Sword! It's very Indiana Jones in plot and feel. I don't care for the sequels, but the first game is tops.

You should also try as hard as you can to get your hands on the first two Gabriel Knight games if you haven't already played them. I group them in my mind with Broken Sword and Indiana Jones. I played them recently and adored them. It's Indiana Jones with werewolves and voodoo!

I don't know if you've seen this from reading the site, but Telltale is putting out episodic sequels to Sam and Max. The first one is available for purchase and download on http://www.telltalegames.com/samandmax] their website. I haven't played it yet (I was replaying the original first) but it is a must for any LucasArts fan.
I like the way colors taste. Except I don't like crimsons... or turquoises... especially when they put their heads in their shells and won't play, and when you break their shells to let them out, they DIE...
Old 12-14-2006, 11:32 PM   #3

I guess it was supposed to be "The Dig", and if you don't recall the game then you should definitely try it. It's one of the best adventures out there...

Running Slackware Linux
Old 12-15-2006, 03:41 AM   #4
Kung Fu Code Poet

the game on a boat might have been 'cruise for a corpse' - ?
Old 12-15-2006, 09:16 AM   #5

Thank you for the advices, I'll get Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars unless you advice to try another specific one from the series.

"The Dig" indeed, I was close enough hehe, thanks for reminding the exact name. I do remember only a few scenes from it, I should try to get an emulator to play it again?
Exact jacog, it is "cruise for a corpse" I was referring to.