Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   The Whispered World (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/18094-whispered-world.html)

Daedalic Olli 02-11-2008 01:06 AM

Hello everybody,

I've just read the article and the comments about TWW. It's great to hear that you like the new screenshots. :) What do you think about redesigned Sadwick? Do you like him more than the old one?

Ksandra 02-11-2008 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daedalic Olli (Post 459131)
Hello everybody,

I've just read the article and the comments about TWW. It's great to hear that you like the new screenshots. :) What do you think about redesigned Sadwick? Do you like him more than the old one?

It makes no difference to me, really. I was fine with the old one.

Shany 02-11-2008 06:30 AM

The redesign isn't bad, but maybe it goes a little too far in trying to be serious.
Sadwick's costume doesn't look like a clown's costume, I think it should be more colourful. And his arms look really big for some reason.

Other than that I like it.

Jacques l'aliéné 02-11-2008 10:33 AM

It looks outstanding and the 2D graphics are superb. Very much looking forward to this one. :9

Terramax 02-11-2008 11:02 AM

Quote:

Hello everybody,

Hello,

I'm a big fan of this game and it hasn't even come out yet.

As for the new Sadwick, I think it's neither worse or better, just different. I'm used to the old one, and the new one seems a little penciled in somehow, but I'm sure it all flows great.

I think the most important thing is the expressions that the new Sadwick will have. Until I see it in motion I couldn't make a definitive answer.

Put it this way, I have great respect because you didn't make him 3D like all the other adventures out there.

New screenshots are beautiful. I have the fish picture as my desktop background. Beautiful. Can't emphasis it enough.

Daedalic Olli 02-12-2008 04:17 AM

Hi there,

thank you for your comments on Sadwick!

Quote:

Sadwick's costume doesn't look like a clown's costume, I think it should be more colourful.
Well, we actually wanted him to be less colourful. As written in the article, The Whispered World changed since the project left bad brain entertainment. The world has not only become much bigger in terms of the amount of rooms and puzzles, but also the story is of a much more epic character. With the extension of the game, the story got more serious and darker. Sadwick had to follow these changes in a certain way, so we decided to make him look more serious and melacholic.

Obviously, we also want to prevent that TWW is mistaken as a children’s game. Old Sadwick on the cover of the box might have created the impression that this game is not suitable for an adult player – but it definitely is! TWW is more than a fairy tale for kids, it is a game in which the player has to make decisions of big importance.

diego 02-12-2008 05:37 AM

everything looks great, i am also imaging some cool middleage-like music that goes well with this beautiful scenes

on a topic about sadwick looks, previous gave me impression of a typical naughty boy - wise cracker that will have many hillarious one liners, something like guybrush, simon...

new one is more polished and indeed is giving impression that the game is for everyone. i hope the humour is still here, and that sadwick has some unique gags.. although i m not really informed if there is going to be humorous aspect in this game..

all i can say thanx for making 2008 year the year when the 2D adventures strikes back.. so blonde, vampyre story.. and, should i say, my secret favourite of them all - whispered world

Shany 02-12-2008 06:10 AM

I can see why the change in appearance was necessary for a more serious story and a wider appeal, but my problem is that Sadwick is supposed to be a clown - he doesn't look like one, even with the face paint and the hat.

I'm not saying he should wear bright colours, but there are more colourful choices than brown that would not make the character less serious.

Terramax 02-12-2008 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shany (Post 459285)
I can see why the change in appearance was necessary for a more serious story and a wider appeal, but my problem is that Sadwick is supposed to be a clown - he doesn't look like one, even with the face paint and the hat.

I'm not saying he should wear bright colours, but there are more colourful choices than brown that would not make the character less serious.

It's partially because the most important aspect of a clown is not seen in the picture also - the clown's nose. Perhaps you should have a scene of him breaking into George Stobbart's home for one :D

BTW, is it still possible to download the old demo?

eriq 02-12-2008 01:21 PM

Quote:

Hello everybody,

Love the new character. I don't feel like I'm playing some big fat kid dressed as a clown. The new character looks so much cooler - sleek and well-drawn.

HATED the previous character. UGH!

Wouter 02-12-2008 02:17 PM

@Daedalic Olli:
Welcome! I'm impressed by the work you have done so far on both The Wispered World and A New Beginning. The graphics are amazing, on both projects. Good luck with both projects and with Daedalic in general. Keep up the great work.

GhostPirateLechuck 02-12-2008 07:00 PM

I'm interested to say the least.

diego 02-13-2008 06:47 AM

here is short tribute to whispered world, a little slide-show... great game scenes made me play some guitar cover, mountains gave me a hint which song..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33OMxrfSzBU

daedalic, if this is against your production policy i'll delete it

Daedalic Olli 02-13-2008 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diego (Post 459394)
daedalic, if this is against your production policy i'll delete it

Absolutely not, we love it! Just rated it "awesome"! We feel honored, in particular Marco had a big smile on his face today. :)

el_galo 02-15-2008 03:23 AM

@diego: nice music choice for your video. well done.

like almost everyone who posted in this thread, I am also very excited about this game. the screens & artwork that have been released until now, look just amazing. I have high hopes for this one.

referring to the discussion of sadwicks redesign, I have to agree with eriq and diego.
the old design with his little belly was cute and all, but the new one seems to fit better into the overall atmosphere of the screens.
and who says that clowns have to look the same way in every universe. I'm sure the redesign will make sense in context of the world in which whispered world takes place.

Melkor 02-17-2008 08:18 AM

This is simply awesome. 2008 will be excellent :)

pudeldestodes 07-25-2008 09:14 AM

They finally put up some stuff on the website, although most of it is old.

But finally some visible progress - and as Daedalic released their first game two months ago - it seems to sell quite well - I am sure that the Bad Brain Entertainment debacle will not happen again....

nomadsoul 07-25-2008 02:00 PM

http://www.the-whispered-world.com/

the music is really good, relaxing and soothing, cant wait for game, at first i really thought of it as game for kids, but not now, the main charatcer design is cool, if i can digest ratchet i can digest this.

I hope it doesn't delay.

Terramax 07-26-2008 07:32 AM

I simply cannot wait for this game.

Lovely music. The track, along with the presentation of the site as a whole and the new screens really make this feel more and more like an extremely polished game.

One question I do have, if Daedalic Olli has the time to answer, when it says for release in Q4 of 2008, is that in just the home territory or English speaking territories?

AndreaDraco83 08-08-2008 01:10 AM

I've seen and read the preview by Jack Allin... Uh, what can I say?

Seen: I haven't had the chance to previously admire some of the new screen shots, and they are gorgeous: the lightening of the trees and water, the color of the forest and the shore - cinematic quality, old animation's glorious day quality. Superb.

Read: although the game-play isn't defined so much yet, it surely seems quite fun to operate, at any time, with the Caterpillar. It reminded my somehow of the way April interacted with Crow, with the plus of those special ability that the worm (:D!) could use.

Definitively, a game that I'll look for in the forthcoming months!