You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure The Whispered World

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2010, 03:52 AM   #321

I'm pretty sure that rule is specifically referring to the possible (rarer) differences in international legalities that could prohibit certain people in certain countries from entering. In which case, living in the states, you shouldn't be affected whatsoever.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:21 AM   #322

Default Whipsered World.... Delayed ? Still not out!!

I decided to pre-orer Whispered World on the Adventure Game Shop through the affiliate banner links on Adventuregamers.com due to the claim that registration keys and downloads would be sent at exactly 22:00 on 4/22, which has come and gone. I haven't yet heard a single thing from them since and mails to support have gone unanswered.

Has anyone received their download/serial info for WW yet? I find this really frustrating as I could have just picked up a box copy by now and started playing it, and have something physical to show for that I could re-sale down the line if I decided I didn't care for it.

Very dissapointed!

Last edited by plswdth; 04-23-2010 at 04:35 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 04-23-2010, 05:22 PM   #323

adventure game shop keeps refusing my CC payment with zero information. beyond frustrating. i just used my CC fine at the grocery store AFTER i tried buying it too. ridiculous.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:20 PM   #324

Send a message via MSN to Snatcher42

Well I was able to pre-order it fine a few days ago, bought and paid for. But now it's saying no download link found. Has anyone been able to get The Whispered World from the Adventure Shop yet? Kind of ironic since it's their featured item!
Old 04-23-2010, 07:09 PM   #325

i'm downloading it now. i didn't pre-order though.

EDIT: done. installed. can't wait to get some time to play.

Last edited by RockNFknRoll; 04-23-2010 at 08:29 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:46 PM   #326

I'm sure there's a better post for game discussions but man - only got in 10 minutes of play and it's so awesome . It's taking a lot of self control to exit it and get back to my uni work (although obviously not enough, considering I'm on these forums now...)

Now playing: The Longest Journey, Gray Matter, Lost Horizon
Recently finished: Sanitarium
Looking Forward To: Deponia, Resonance
Old 04-24-2010, 06:25 AM   #327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sughly View Post
I'm sure there's a better post for game discussions but man - only got in 10 minutes of play and it's so awesome . It's taking a lot of self control to exit it and get back to my uni work (although obviously not enough, considering I'm on these forums now...)
Indeed. However, if you are on a decent monitor and long forgot the 4:3 days, make sure to edit the config.ini file fullscreen to no 'cause the game is still in 4:3 and unfortunately there is no 16 switch in it.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:07 AM   #328
J.H
Frak.

So where can I get this game for download other than the adventure shop? Is it on steam yet?
Old 04-25-2010, 11:12 AM   #329

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosswell View Post
My copy of the Whispered World has arrived, it doesn't come with the 12 side dice DRM stuff that was in the German version, it appears there's no DRM type feature whatsoever just the DVD and the manual not even a CD-Key.
what version is that? im in the uk, anyone know if the boxed copy in the uk is drm free? i just downloaded it off the adventure shop and has some pretty nasty drm, 3 installations etc. i change my pc allot and i often like to revisit old adventure games often.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:06 PM   #330

My German version also came without dices. It appears that they released a 2nd German edition without that kind of DRM. It also looks like the English version comes without dice-protection. Only the usual dvd copyprotection.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:08 PM   #331

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiehavok View Post
what version is that? im in the uk, anyone know if the boxed copy in the uk is drm free? i just downloaded it off the adventure shop and has some pretty nasty drm, 3 installations etc. i change my pc allot and i often like to revisit old adventure games often.
It was the UK version, no DRM protection at all. Also the game works without the DVD in the disc drive so once you've installed you can still play it without having to put the disc in all the time.

Last edited by Rosswell; 04-25-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:13 PM   #332

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosswell View Post
It was the UK version, no DRM protection at all. Also the game works without the DVD in the disc drive so once you've installed you can still play it without having to put the disc in all the time.
ok thanks damn might have to buy the box version then - stupid drm
Old 04-25-2010, 03:17 PM   #333

the game's operation seems surprisingly slow, as if it were taxing my computer's resources even though it's not even close. i wish they tightened up the speed.

so i shouldn't be running it at full screen? it looks nice, but i'm on 16 : 9 or whatever.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:48 AM   #334

Just finished chapter 1. This game is so good. So, so good. I've gotten used to Sadwick's voice. Annoying at first, but it's grown on me now. It's mood and atmosphere is unlike anything I've played before, a great balance between fantasy and comedy with a bleak and tragic undertone. Ahhh, *sigh*. I think I'm in love. Though my son won't let me continue on any further, he doesn't want to miss out, so I'm forced to stop for the night .

Out of interest, did you get your hands on a copy yet JJ? I know how much you were promoting this and looking forward to it, like to hear your thoughts.

Now playing: The Longest Journey, Gray Matter, Lost Horizon
Recently finished: Sanitarium
Looking Forward To: Deponia, Resonance
Old 04-26-2010, 08:08 AM   #335

Is the retail version of this game available in Canada? I really want to play it, but my internet service provider gives us a really strict bandwidth allowance and slaps us with a pretty hefty fine if we exceed it, so I'd prefer the box rather than the download if possible. But Canadian stores don't seem to know it exists, yet.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:13 AM   #336
J.H
Frak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sughly View Post
Just finished chapter 1. This game is so good. So, so good. I've gotten used to Sadwick's voice. Annoying at first, but it's grown on me now. It's mood and atmosphere is unlike anything I've played before, a great balance between fantasy and comedy with a bleak and tragic undertone. Ahhh, *sigh*. I think I'm in love. Though my son won't let me continue on any further, he doesn't want to miss out, so I'm forced to stop for the night .

Out of interest, did you get your hands on a copy yet JJ? I know how much you were promoting this and looking forward to it, like to hear your thoughts.
Sounds exactly how I thought it would be.

No not yet mate my CD-ROM drive snapped on my laptop but I'm going to order it tonight anyway I'm too worried I'm missing out lol.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:31 AM   #337
Strategy Guide Author

Has anyone in the US found this in stores? I wanted a retail copy but Amazon now says Ships in 2 to 3 weeks. Annoying.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:49 AM   #338

Default Stuck oh my!!

Ok, So I'm stuck, not sure how to help the giant? found the way in to shana's but that is it, please help me....
Old 04-26-2010, 11:25 AM   #339

Quote:
Originally Posted by kessjillian View Post
Ok, So I'm stuck, not sure how to help the giant? found the way in to shana's but that is it, please help me....
Gameboomers has posted a walkthrough Follow the link: http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/...peredWorld.htm
Old 04-27-2010, 02:46 AM   #340

Send a message via Yahoo to cristane

Amazon.co.uk has it at the amazing price of 13 GBP: http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Whispere...2365164&sr=8-1

Just ordered it, hopefully it'll get here to Romania by next week, can't wait to play it.