Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   DS Adventures (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/18051-ds-adventures.html)

wilco 01-08-2007 07:57 AM

I've already said it in another thread but it also makes sense here (and it still hasn't made the front page :) ) there is a Touch Detective sequel in the making.

Also Phoenix Wright 2 is released nest week!

equallyAvant 01-08-2007 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadTricks (Post 376972)
But why does it need card?
I though DS had built in Hdd or something like it?

Nope, DS doesnt have any means of storage. Just a mere flash for saving your settings. And its ram ofcourse but it loses its data at poweroff.

Flash catridge with/or without cardreader is needed to play homebrew app and games, such as scummvm

Mikekelly 01-08-2007 11:38 AM

:D
Quote:

Also Phoenix Wright 2 is released nest week!
Yea! First one was great - 2nd comes with a free stylus if you preorder!

;)

wilco 01-08-2007 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikekelly (Post 379365)

Yea! First one was great - 2nd comes with a free stylus if you preorder!

;)

Yeah, I've heard some stores give a free stylus, but being from Europe I'm going to import so I doubt I'll see anything :(

wilco 01-08-2007 12:42 PM

Here is a small picture of the bonus I think:

http://www.ebgames.com/common/images/lbox/B180253Ab.jpg

Clear your throats for all the Objections and Take That yelling

Mikekelly 01-09-2007 11:45 AM

:)
The DS is perfect for adventure games. I'm playing Trace Memory right now and it's quite fun!

sethsez 01-09-2007 06:13 PM

Just as a heads-up, EGM reviewed Hotel Dusk.

The scores are 8, 8, 10.

wilco 01-10-2007 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sethsez (Post 379842)
Just as a heads-up, EGM reviewed Hotel Dusk.

The scores are 8, 8, 10.

I don't follow EGM scores, but that seems really good. Do they usually give 10s?
Just to compare, do you know how much Phoenix Wright got, for example?

sethsez 01-10-2007 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilco (Post 380090)
I don't follow EGM scores, but that seems really good. Do they usually give 10s?
Just to compare, do you know how much Phoenix Wright got, for example?

Phoenix Wright got a 7.3 average, and 10s are quite rare for them.

Mikekelly 01-11-2007 11:37 AM

The quality of adventure games on the DS is amazing!

It would come as no surprize if the DS wins some major awards in the future.

Trace Memory is simply fantastc and I'm looking forward to my next adventure game on the DS.

sethsez 01-11-2007 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikekelly (Post 380318)
The quality of adventure games on the DS is amazing!

It would come as no surprize if the DS wins some major awards in the future.

Trace Memory is simply fantastc and I'm looking forward to my next adventure game on the DS.

Considering the DS is currently the best selling system worldwide by a large margin (with the exception of December, since Nintendo was facing shortages) and the way games have been selling on it, I have absolutely no doubt that even if it doesn't get awards it'll shatter a few records.

wilco 01-12-2007 06:42 AM

New Hotel Dusk commercial:

http://touch-ds.jp/mediagallery/st59.html

The art style is amazing, and holding the DS like a book looks really good.

It's already coming out in 10 days. 2 adventures in one week...

yanya 01-13-2007 06:06 PM

I'm loving the DS for Adventure Games. So far I've played Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Touch Detective and Trace Memory (My favorite game for DS, I've played it at least a half dozen times.). I had Lost In Blue, but never finished it ... to much work taking care of the girl.

I'm currently looking forward to picking up Phoenix Wright: AA Justice For All this week, with Hotel Dusk: Room 215 on my list for the next week. Also, I don't know why Capcom hasn't announced a Clock Tower for Nintendo DS. Seems like they would be a good match.

Iceadventure 01-13-2007 06:13 PM

Anyone know more about that sherlock ds game that was mentioned in the frogwares interview?

SoccerDude28 01-13-2007 06:48 PM

I am now in case 4 of Phoenix Wright, and I am very surprised. When I started playing the game, I was thinking that it looked really silly with all the anime graphics. But wow was I wrong. I think, Phoenix Wright is the most enjoyable adventure to me in probably the last 5 years. What a brilliant story and awesome gameplay mechanic.

By the way, for all of you who have tried to run scummvm as homebrew on your DS, any idea what is the easiest to use flash memory card?

Funktion 01-14-2007 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoccerDude28 (Post 381024)
I think, Phoenix Wright is the most enjoyable adventure to me in probably the last 5 years. What a brilliant story and awesome gameplay mechanic.

My exact same thoughts. It's a shame this game (and other DS games) is extremely overlooked in the "adventure" community just because it's on a console instead of a PC. People give more attention to some mediocre PC adventure game while there's several interesting adventure games worth a look on the DS that go mostly ignored. How a game like Hotel Dusk: Room 215 can go mostly ignored by the fans of the genre while hyping most mediocre adventure games that get released nowadays it's perplexing.
Just look at websites like Gameboomers or similar adventure games websites and try to catch any reference to Phoenix Wright or for example the upcoming Hotel Dusk: Room 215. Heck they have reviews for games like Tomb Raider, and yet they don't even bother to list Hotel Dusk or Phoenix Wright: Justice for All as upcoming games in their release schedule... :frusty:

VictimOfScience 01-14-2007 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoccerDude28 (Post 381024)
I am now in case 4 of Phoenix Wright, and I am very surprised. When I started playing the game, I was thinking that it looked really silly with all the anime graphics. But wow was I wrong. I think, Phoenix Wright is the most enjoyable adventure to me in probably the last 5 years. What a brilliant story and awesome gameplay mechanic.

By the way, for all of you who have tried to run scummvm as homebrew on your DS, any idea what is the easiest to use flash memory card?

Yeah, Phoenix Wright is as innovative to me as the DS itself--A genre-redefining title imho.

As for the scumvm on DS, I use the NinjaDS Sticky and it works great--the only problem I am having is with the saves, but I think that is an issue with using an SD card. I'll have to look at the drunkencoders page again to clear it up...or maybe the scumvm forums, but it plays like a dream even if I start from scratch each time! :D

Melanie68 01-14-2007 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funktion (Post 381142)
My exact same thoughts. It's a shame this game (and other DS games) is extremely overlooked in the "adventure" community just because it's on a console instead of a PC.

I've never gotten the impression it's overlooked (here at AG at least). We've had numerous threads on DS Adventures and Phoenix Wright and reviews on DS Adventure games. It's definitely on the radar (as well it should be). :)

Edit:

Reviews

Another Code
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Touch Detective

News and Info

Undercover: Dual Motives
Sinking Island
Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Professor Layton and the Mysterious Village (this is Japanese only, an English version is unknown)

Jackal 01-14-2007 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceadventure (Post 381017)
Anyone know more about that sherlock ds game that was mentioned in the frogwares interview?

As far as I know, that was the first time it's ever been announced publicly. I tried to pry more info out of Waël, like how they'd use the dual screens and touch feature, but he wasn't talking. :D No target release date as yet, just some time in 2007.

bysmitty 01-14-2007 09:53 AM

I had only half heartily looked into Hotel Dusk so far but after seeing some in-game footage yesterday, I'm salivating! Also, EGM reviewed it in the latest issue and one of the reviews gave it a 10/10! The other two reviews gave it an 8 and a 9 I think. The art style looks amazing, the gameplay graphics look lush, I've really enjoyed what I've heard of the music, and the story sounds great. On top of that it is by the developers of Trace Memory which is my favorite DS game. The end of the month can't come soon enough.

...bysmitty