You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Dreamfall - XBox or PC?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2006, 07:40 AM   #1
Life and times of...

Default Dreamfall - XBox or PC?

Well, christmas is coming on, which would seem like a good time to finally get Dreamfall (now that I've also actually finished TLJ too). However, I am facing a dilemma most difficult. Should I get it for the XBox or the PC? Right now I'm leaning on the XBox side, but I just wanted to check if there is any kind of difference in the versions, like the controls being better on either one or something.

So, any opinions?

(I've tried to search for opinions on this, but didn't find any. I even have a nagging feeling I've done this exact thread before, but couldn't find that either (actually, that's probably the thread about Fahrenheit).)

(Edit): Now wait a second... I've been looking at some information, and as usual there's nowhere proper info about the platforms it's for. I'm pretty sure there is an XBox version, but I'm not sure if it's 360 or the original, or if it's already out or coming later... And naturally the official site has no info (that I can find), as the official sites never do. I wonder what's up with that. Can anybody even clear this up for me?

Last edited by UPtimist; 11-26-2006 at 11:48 AM.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:33 PM   #2

I can't give you any opinions as far as whether it's better on PC or Xbox. I CAN tell you that in the US at least, it's out on regular Xbox, not 360. I don't know if they've released this in Finland, though.

I hope my tiny morsel of information was somewhat helpful.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:48 PM   #3

Hey man, I've heard the PC version is graphically better. Xbox version is released now. One of the advantages of the Xbox version might be the controller - but the game is fairly easy to use on the PC as well. If you're looking for better graphics go for the PC version!
Old 11-26-2006, 09:24 PM   #4

I have this game on XBOX and the graphics are terrible!
Old 11-29-2006, 02:19 AM   #5

I have this game on PC and the graphics are awesome!

(just to help Uptimist with his dilemma...)
Old 11-29-2006, 02:47 AM   #6

I'm playing Dreamfall again on PC and it looks incredible, so that's another vote for PC.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:28 AM   #7
I create. Therefore I am.

Send a message via MSN to jannar85

I've seen screenshots taken from the PC and it looks awesome.

Click the name, to join its Facebook Page!

My Games
Old 11-29-2006, 06:13 AM   #8
Junior Bomb Rider

Default The best option

Remember that the Xbox 360 pad works on the computer. soo.. I find that buying the PC version and getting a 360 pad (wired) gives the best of both worlds. I had to do this because I found the keyboard/mouse control impossible ( I tried for an hour and gave up ).
Old 11-29-2006, 06:19 AM   #9

Both versions are good. I played through the game on xbox first (and thought that it looked nice enough). I've also got the PC version - the graphics are nicer, mainly due to the increased resolutions. However, I found it easier to relax on a couch in front of the TV playing it with an xbox controller, than in front of a computer with mouse/keyboard (although, you could get a usb controller for the PC). The xbox version's graphics are still quite nice (although if you're playing it on a big plasma/lcd screen, the jaggies are quite visible).

edit: just wanted to add, I didn't find the keyboard/mouse controls on PC that bad. After inverting the axes and adjusting the sensitivity, I had no problems whatsoever with the PC controls.

Last edited by tock; 11-29-2006 at 06:25 AM.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:14 AM   #10
Resident AG Ninja

Send a message via ICQ to TigerShard Send a message via AIM to TigerShard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasuku View Post
Remember that the Xbox 360 pad works on the computer. soo.. I find that buying the PC version and getting a 360 pad (wired) gives the best of both worlds. I had to do this because I found the keyboard/mouse control impossible ( I tried for an hour and gave up ).
On December 26th, Microsoft is releasing a peripheral which allows you to use any wireless Xbox 360 controller with your PC. Get the PC version, get the wireless receiver and a wireless controller, and enjoy cable free bliss

"Intution tells me how to live my day. Intuition tells me when to walk away. Could have turned left, could have turned right, but I ended up here, bang, in the middle of a real life" - Natalie Imbruglia 'Intuition'
Old 11-29-2006, 07:51 AM   #11

I am currently stuck in Chapter 5, using the XBox. Its for the first XBox but also backwards compatable on the 360.

For me, it was the only option because I am a Mac user now. I use an HDTV and the game looks great in 480p. I'm sure it has a higher resolution on the PC, but I certainly wouldn't consider the XBox terrible. Plus, its only on one disc, and you don't need to worry about system requirements.

So if you are like me and use the XBox, you won't suffer at all (OT - except in chapter 5, because I need help)
Old 11-29-2006, 09:07 AM   #12
Life and times of...

Alright, thanks for the opinions so far. I'll have to consider.

There's also the thing with space, it takes up, what, 7GBs? It's not like it wouldn't fit, but it'd not leave much... On the other hand, I should clear some room anyways.

And I haven't had a new 'Box game in a while

Feel still free to weigh in, I still haven't made up my mind
Old 11-29-2006, 09:09 AM   #13
Banned User

Xbox !! Just cause of it's hard drive.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:01 AM   #14
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

I have both and both are just as good as the counterpart.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives