Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Phoenix Wright 2 - Anyone import it? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/17871-phoenix-wright-2-anyone-import.html)

XiaNaphryz 11-21-2006 12:43 PM

Phoenix Wright 2 - Anyone import it?

Ran a search but couldn't find anything...has anyone else imported Gyakuten Saiban 2 aka Phoenix Wright 2? It was released in Japan a few weeks ago and is bilingual (Japanese and English options). I'm in the middle of the 2nd case and, other than the soundtrack, the game provides more awesome Phoenix Wright adventuring!

I'm not too worried about the soundtrack being a bit lacking, as the 2nd game supposedly has the weakest one of the series. Come on Capcom, translate the 3rd game before you release the 4th one here. :D

Reborn from the Ashes 11-22-2006 09:44 AM

I have it. :)

Translation of GS3 (or AA3) is apparently under discussion right now. One of the factors in deciding to port and translated GS3 will be the sales of PW2, and there's going to be some sort of pre-order incentive to help sales.

Since it'll probably at least take a year to do the translation (like GS2 DS came out a little more than a year after GS1 DS), there could be a chance that GS3 and GS4 (if Capcom decide to translate that) come out at roughly the same time.

http://www.capcom.com/BBS/showthread.php?t=9721

Funktion 12-02-2006 05:17 AM

I also have it (and finished it).
It seems I'm one of the few people who actually enjoyed the soundtrack... :D

LimpingFish 12-02-2006 02:17 PM

Yeah, I imported the dual-language version when I saw that the US release of Justice For All had been pushed foward to Jan 2007. Apart from a few typos and the odd strange translation error, it reads just as well as Ace Attorney.

IMHO it's a weaker game than Ace Attorney, though. Some of the locations in the final case are a little bland and, seeing as that particular case is a little overlong, having to revisit said locations is a bit of a chore.

Plus...
Spoiler:
starting the game off with an amnesiac Phoenix just so the game has an excuse to explain how the interactions work is a little annoying:P

Other than those (admittedly) minor problems, I would still have no problem recommending people import the game.:)

grayscavenger 12-03-2006 10:38 AM

I don't get why people think the 2nd one was the weakest one. I liked it a bit better than the first. I'm probably going to buy the American Release anyway though, just to help sales for them to release the third one. Can't wait for the 3rd or 4th ones. Those should be amazing.

Karmillo 12-04-2006 02:32 AM

I got it too :D, the only difference I notecide in the soundtrack in this one was the objection theme wich was kinda dull compared to the original one.

a couple of other things that bothered me was
Spoiler:

None of the cases went into three days and your client was never called up onto the stand wich was kinda odd...
The last case had a really nice twist

Also some of the puzzles in this one felt a bit crueler, they made sense but there was less things pointing to that answer, not to mention all of the trick questions :(

Apart from that it was great, just hope they translate the third :D

TheTwelve 12-04-2006 05:00 AM

I didn't import it (I live in Japan) but I did buy it! I got it right when it came out because I L.O.V.E.D. the first one. However, I haven't had any chance to break it out yet. I'll get to it eventually.

Stupid end-of-year avalanche of good games and gaming systems... giving me so much to play in my tiny amount of freetime...

Kolzig 12-30-2006 12:07 AM

I didn't import it, as the release in Europe is getting closer and closer, so I decided to wait.

Even though the import is about half cheaper than the European version will be.

PolloDiablo 12-31-2006 04:06 AM

I have ordered it, but had it shipped to a friend who is out of town the next two weeks (didn't know that at the time ofcourse) :pan:

Thello 12-31-2006 10:08 AM

I got a copy the moment I heard it was already in English. I enjoyed the first game a lot more, but it's still a respectable title that's well worth the money. Here's hoping we see parts three and four translated.

wildcat 12-31-2006 03:02 PM

I am playing the game now and just finished the third case. It's very enjoyable, but not a patch on the original- some of the puzzles seem to be a leap of logic, they don't seem as long or as interesting. The first case was just pathetic IMO.

HieroHero 12-31-2006 05:26 PM

i'm in australia any fellow aussies tell me where I can get this? and even the first one? havent released anything here of course :frusty: :frusty:

Thello 12-31-2006 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HieroHero (Post 377467)
i'm in australia any fellow aussies tell me where I can get this? and even the first one? havent released anything here of course :frusty: :frusty:

You can import dual language (English / Japanese) copies of the first two Phoenix Wrights from www.play-asia.com. Their prices are good, and their shipping is incredibly cheap.

tabacco 12-31-2006 06:43 PM

The US version comes out in like 2 weeks, also.

HieroHero 12-31-2006 08:45 PM

awesome! thanks for that