Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Why amazon.com doesn't deliver game to outside from the u.s ? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/17830-why-amazon-com-doesnt-deliver-game-outside-u-s.html)

chocolade 11-16-2006 06:21 PM

Why amazon.com doesn't deliver game to outside from the u.s ?

I cant buy now the new game of aghata murder on the orient express.
Amazon say it cant be delivery to my location Israel.

WHY ?!
What have i did wrong ?

So sad.

Does anyone know about a place that have the game and can make delivery to Israel too ?

Thnx.

Marian 11-16-2006 07:15 PM

Try here:

http://www.interactcd.com/cgi/Products.cgi

A very reliable, good company, they ship to Israel, and they have the game. :)

Trumgottist 11-17-2006 01:48 PM

To add insult to injury, they keep recommending games and DVDs for me to buy from them.

Candle 11-17-2006 02:07 PM

Thats not fair of them. :(

bontekraai 11-17-2006 02:11 PM

I live in Holland and have the same problem. Has something to do with savety (terrorism ?). I order from http://www.justadventure.com/.
They send me the games without a problem. Just try it.

Candle 11-17-2006 02:25 PM

Welcome to the forum bontekraai.

Melanie68 11-17-2006 03:01 PM

Quote:

WHY ?!
What have i did wrong ?
I highly doubt Amazon has something in for you personally and I don't know the inner workings of Amazon as to why they made the decision to deliver to certain countries.

I think the question of why Amazon.com (and it's other international sites) doesn't deliver to Israel be better asked of Amazon themselves? Posting a complaint on an AG forum isn't going to let Amazon know they have customers in Israel who would like delivery. Things won't change unless Amazon knows there is a need.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/conta...de%5Fid=508510

Erwin_Br 11-17-2006 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bontekraai (Post 365483)
I live in Holland and have the same problem. Has something to do with savety (terrorism ?). I order from http://www.justadventure.com/.
They send me the games without a problem. Just try it.

Huh? I think I ordered a book from them a few years back, without any problems. Is this new?

--Erwin

Junkface 11-17-2006 04:54 PM

Only games (and possibly a few other products) are affected by this policy. I think it's mainly intended to keep them out of trouble resulting from publishing agreements for different territories and customs bullshit.

aries323 11-18-2006 12:49 AM

HI :)

I don't why amazon.com doesn't ship to Israel. Maybe it has something to with restrictions against selling techonoly to the wrong people....

Or it could be that junkface might be right...

Anyway, I have ordered games and dvds from amazon.com and they could ship to Demmark, Europe. Maybe the OP could try amazon.co.uk instead ?

honeycomb 11-18-2006 07:39 AM

Maybe in the country field try "Palestine"

Hammerite 11-18-2006 07:50 AM

Palestine is such a cool name

Trumgottist 11-18-2006 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aries323 (Post 365586)
Anyway, I have ordered games and dvds from amazon.com and they could ship to Demmark, Europe.

Oh? Has something changed recently? I was pretty certain they only shipped games to USA and Canada. In that case, they are making progress. Now if they'd only start offering the same items in the .com and the .co.uk shops...

Panthera 11-18-2006 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aries323 (Post 365586)
HI :)

I don't why amazon.com doesn't ship to Israel. Maybe it has something to with restrictions against selling techonoly to the wrong people....

Or it could be that junkface might be right...

Eh, um, what?

My political viewpoints aside, Israel has been viewed as an "European" country for many years.. They compete in eurovision, etc. I seriously doubt that America has any trouble dealing with Israel, especially since that have several high-profiled (and high-powered) sionistic organizations there..

The only reason they don't ship to Israel must be publishing restrictions, as Junkface said..

Edit: Oh and looking at Amazon.com's shipping site, it says it sends to all over the world.. I quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amazon.com
Amazon.com gladly accepts orders from all around the globe. Available product lines, shipping rates and fees may vary depending on the deliver address for your order.

To see the shipping rate information specific to your order's destination, click the link for your region at the bottom of this page under the heading "Related Topics."

Items from Amazon Marketplace can be shipped to several international regions, but cannot be shipped to Africa, Island Nations, Israel, Latin America, or the Middle East. Read more about Amazon Marketplace shipping rates.

Restrictions

The following items can be shipped to almost all destinations outside the U.S.:

* books*
* DVDs
* music
* VHS videos

Additionally, some software, tools, video games, jewelry, sporting goods, consumer electronics and kitchen items can be shipped to the following countries:

Australia, Austria, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Taiwan, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United Arab Emirates

International shipping
This site details information on shipping to Israel

ATMachine 11-18-2006 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkface (Post 365552)
Only games (and possibly a few other products) are affected by this policy. I think it's mainly intended to keep them out of trouble resulting from publishing agreements for different territories and customs bullshit.

It's the exact same problem when trying to import European games to America (say, from amazon.co.uk). Stupid licensing agreements.

Terramax 11-18-2006 06:45 PM

If you contact individual sellers, you can find a way around. I remember buying 'Runaway' after contacting a seller and they personally put the game up on Amazon auction.

Also, I got hold of a brand spanking new, mint, and fair priced 'The Dark Eye' from Amazon by contacting the seller.

Some ignore you, but many will heed your call. Give it a try if there are no other available options.

MoriartyL 11-19-2006 01:21 AM

Getting games in Israel is always a nightmare. There are very few games available here (with only one brand of console ever being sold), always sold at outrageous prices. The only option I have is to buy them over the internet from America, and have it sent to a family member who happens to be coming to Israel soon. I don't get new games often. ;(

As far as PC games are concerned, the prices mean that no one ever actually buys them- I've never met an Israeli PC gamer who didn't pirate his games. There's just no other reasonable alternative.

Trumgottist 11-19-2006 06:40 AM

I guess that's (one reason) why your games are so expensive.

MoriartyL 11-19-2006 10:59 AM

No, it's the other way around. There's no presence of legal, affordable games, so Israelis play illegal, free games. If there's less demand, then it should be cheaper, not more expensive.

Trumgottist 11-19-2006 05:55 PM

They can't sell the games at a loss. It costs money to import the games. If localization is involved, it costs quite a lot. Smaller volumes sold means a higher price is needed to break even.
et the game for the same price.

(By the way, there's also the third option of legal, free games.)