Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Who's excited for A Vampyre Story?? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/17654-whos-excited-vampyre-story.html)

mavrik42 11-01-2006 11:07 AM

Who's excited for A Vampyre Story??

I was so happy when I heard about this game.
I know it's not due for a year...but still!!
An adventure game with an old lucasarts feel, brought to us by old lucasarts staff...how could you go wrong?!

Orange Brat 11-01-2006 12:33 PM

http://forums.adventuregamers.com/sh...t=15708&page=5

It's looking good.

Jackal 11-01-2006 12:38 PM

You probably picked the wrong day to hype this particular "old LucasArts feel and staff" game. :D Most people are a little more focused on the new Sam & Max releasing today. But yeah, a lot of us are pretty pumped about AVS.

And welcome to AG, mavrik. :)

Solid Snake 11-01-2006 02:33 PM

Don't care about Sam and Max : Culture Shock, pretty excited about A Vampyre Story but that's just me.

Sotaria 11-01-2006 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Snake (Post 360346)
Don't care about Sam and Max : Culture Shock, pretty excited about A Vampyre Story but that's just me.

ME too. I don't like the 3D look to Sam and Max and thought Sam and Max Hit the Road was good but overrated. Much preferred other Lucas Arts games (except Grim). AVS looks great. I hope it comes out on time.

jokieman 11-01-2006 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mavrik42 (Post 360185)
I was so happy when I heard about this game.
I know it's not due for a year...but still!!
An adventure game with an old lucasarts feel, brought to us by old lucasarts staff...how could you go wrong?!

Yep..

The Sam and Max game was good, it's still lacking something but I'm sure telltale will figure it out. Though IMO I think they should shoot for an average gameplay time of 5 hours instead of 3. (I've played for an hour and a half and I'm pretty sure I'm almost to the end.) And I'm definitely an "average" adventure player.

The Puzzle's are way too easy though, IMO there were only a couple where I had to give more than 2-3 seconds worth of brainpower to in order to figure out, but like I said I think telltale will figure it out. However I'm not sold on the Episodic content. I guess i'm too old school. I think with "episodes" you lose the some of the depth and quality of feature length games.

GoT 11-01-2006 08:05 PM

Definetly pumped! Can't wait, i've had it on my "favourites" on the browser for ages now... good to see it finally in full swing!

Vina 11-02-2006 12:57 PM

It's the only current AG on my "To Buy" list. So yeah, can't wait. A little disappointed that they're using 3D for the characters but it's the closest I'll get to a 2D AG for now anyway.

Captain Blondebeard 11-03-2006 11:44 AM

The thought makes me smile. Does anyone know how this will be distributed?

Lunatik 11-03-2006 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Blondebeard (Post 361116)

It will probably be a retail release since they now have a publisher. But, who knows for sure? I'm very excited about this game too!

wezyap 11-03-2006 02:44 PM

The game looks really great, It looks exactly as my cup of tea. and whit that development team, I am sure this game is gonna be a modern classic. and I just love the artwork

Erwin_Br 11-03-2006 04:15 PM

I'm a great admirer of Bill Tiller, so yeah, I'm excited.

--Erwin

jokieman 11-04-2006 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Blondebeard (Post 361116)

It will probably be of the more standard release. This batch of Ex-Lucas Arts employees seem to be focusing more on game detail than gimicks like TellTale. Though I imagine they will also have an online version available for download.

Just from what I've seen so far, I'll definitely want that boxed version to add to my collection, and any little "extras" they might toss in there too. (I loved my Mini-Manny from Grim Fandango. Too bad he eventually broke from over-use. hehe.)

While I like the Telltale adventures I think this game has a chance to go down as a Modern Classic as well, and that is not something I can say about Sam & Max.

Kolzig 11-04-2006 01:54 PM

I'm very excited about A Vampyre Story, it's got a great team behind it, it looks very good, but it's still so far away from release. There are many other games before it's time for AVS. :)

Bart 11-05-2006 07:53 AM

Very excited, the music and graphics are great :)

eriq 11-05-2006 08:13 AM

Oooh the most exciting graphic adventure on my radar by far. It's got the REAL graphic adventure game feel behind it. And they'll, most likely, release a boxed version just for us collector's. ;)

Mordalles 11-05-2006 06:27 PM

i can't wait. the art is awesome. :\

kasus 11-05-2006 07:09 PM

Def. looks good.
But the release in Q4 2007 is sooooooo far away...

wezyap 11-06-2006 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kasus (Post 362142)
Def. looks good.
But the release in Q4 2007 is sooooooo far away...

I waited 6 years for tlj 2, I can wait a year for A Vampyre Story, I like to have something to look forward to, specially when the game is soo promising like this one.

jokieman 11-06-2006 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wezyap (Post 362342)
I waited 6 years for tlj 2, I can wait a year for A Vampyre Story, I like to have something to look forward to, specially when the game is soo promising like this one.

/agred. I just hope it isn't delayed beyond december.

Cold-Factor 11-07-2006 10:17 PM

I'm really looking forward to playing this game. It looks really good.

kostas 11-08-2006 12:54 AM

BEST THING THAT WILL HAPPEN TO ME SINCE CMI!!!

BILL TILLER IS THE MAN FOR THE JOB!!!!!

http://www.amegames.com/images/vs/sc.../monsignor.jpg

jannar85 11-08-2006 03:24 AM

Yeah. I'm excited. But in the meantime we'll be occupied with other games to play, like Sam & Max, Runaway 2, Murder on the Orient.., Simon4, Overclocked, Gray Matter and so on.... ;)

But hell yeah I'm excited.

ShadowHunter 11-08-2006 03:12 PM

Hi,

On my wishlist for over 8 months now !

Junkface 11-08-2006 07:53 PM

It'll be interesting to see how those character designs translate into the final models. Anyway, yeah, I'm excited about the game's look and premise at least (great to see adventure developers experimenting with different ways of using 3D rather than the tired 2.5D format.) Looking forward to finding out how it'll play as well.