You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Where's Sam & Max? (and impressions)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2006, 09:59 AM   #101
Psychonaut

They claim to be cracked versions, but who knows if it works. *Shrug*
Old 11-07-2006, 10:06 AM   #102

I doubt anyone who has downloaded it will come here and admit it if it was the full version...that would just be asking to be abused *Shrug*
Old 11-07-2006, 11:35 AM   #103
Slim Shady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
They claim to be cracked versions, but who knows if it works. *Shrug*
It probably does.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:16 PM   #104

Quote:
I must say I loved the game and will play it again and again.

However quite a few people seem to have problems with the hardware fingerprinting which seems overly sensitive (i.e different fingerprint depending if you have a USB key in when installing etc) Even Steam and Microsoft which uses these systems are not as sensitive as this seems to be.

I worry what happens if I upgrade my PC will it stop working. What is classed as an upgrade, more memory, change graphics card etc Will the game stop working?

And going back to Telltale to reactivate is just annoying.

Anti-pirate systems should be invisible to the average user. Peeving off the normal customer will only hurt sales not pirates.

That said it's a great game saddled with annoying security measures.
Hi Lucien:

Well, here's another wrinkle on this subject. I decided to buy Samorost 2 and noticed that it was selling at Telltale Games. Since I already had an 'account' there I decided to buy it there, but on the final screen, just before you commit to buying, was the heading: 'Game Reactivation' with info on what to do if you have 'to re-activate the game at a future date'. Now either they are using the same generic screen for all their games (whether they have to be activated or not) or they are using the same validation/activation scheme as with Sam & Max on all their downloadable games.

In any event, I immediately logged off, hustled over to the Samorost Amanita Design homesite and bought it there for the same price- just required a simple download.
Old 11-12-2006, 02:16 PM   #105
Physicist

Default Sam and Max Ep1. CS - The New Fun

Over the weekend I played S&M episode 1 with my girl friend. We passed the game but in the process had an absolute blast. She never ever plays any kind of computer game; she's usually either studying, working or buying nice clothes and going out. And her concentration span isn't good. But we played right through the game and she said it was the most fun she's had in a while.

You know that the game is good when a person who never plays games sits down, plays it, has lots of laughs, and in the end can't wait for number 2.

"Time for number two!!!"

Keep up the good work Telltale!
Old 11-12-2006, 04:56 PM   #106

Default Did you know?

You may or may not know all the 'extras' in Sam and Max. If you want to find out all the tidbits you may have missed the first or even second time you played it through go to this link:

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/...ead.php?t=1315

I've played Sam & Max through a third time, and have been discovering all the extras that I would never have found otherwise.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:34 PM   #107
Homer of Kittens

Finished it yesterday in 2 hours. Very fun game, very funny and beautiful animation. My only complaint is that it is really unchallenging. Telltale, if you are listening, can you up the difficulty in the next episode please

Firefox rules
Old 11-13-2006, 07:48 PM   #108
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan_Dog View Post
Over the weekend I played S&M episode 1 with my girl friend. We passed the game but in the process had an absolute blast. She never ever plays any kind of computer game; she's usually either studying, working or buying nice clothes and going out. And her concentration span isn't good. But we played right through the game and she said it was the most fun she's had in a while.

You know that the game is good when a person who never plays games sits down, plays it, has lots of laughs, and in the end can't wait for number 2.
This is awesome feedback. Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:41 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28 View Post
Finished it yesterday in 2 hours. Very fun game, very funny and beautiful animation. My only complaint is that it is really unchallenging. Telltale, if you are listening, can you up the difficulty in the next episode please
Go post in this thread http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/...ead.php?t=1232

We need more like you
Old 11-15-2006, 07:50 AM   #110
Under pressure.

Gah! I think TTG has gotten the message already, for crying out loud!

--Erwin
Old 11-15-2006, 10:33 AM   #111
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin_Br View Post
Gah! I think TTG has gotten the message already, for crying out loud!

--Erwin
Sorry Erwin, I don't frequent the Telltale games forums, so I had no idea this subject was discussed to death.

Firefox rules
Old 11-19-2006, 03:49 PM   #112
Irritant F0rum Beasty

Tonight’s episode of VideoGaiden had a review of Sam & Max episode I. For anyone unfamiliar with it (i.e. probably anyone not living in Scotland) VideoGaiden is a games review show on BBC2 Scotland that's well, very very different from the style of video reviews you get on IGN/Gamespot and the like.

Anyway, they gave the game a very positive review and it might be worth a look if you have a broadband connection.

The show is online here (click progamme 3 for Sam & Max):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/tv/videogaiden/

They also gave Psychonauts a rave review in the last series so they're OK in my book, even though they do fill their show with more comedy sketches than actual informitive content.

The Seed accepts no responsibility for any damage that my have been caused to your Hard Drive as a result of viewing this post!
Old 12-19-2006, 09:17 PM   #113
Super Moderator

Here's a funny and well put blog about the Sam & Max games and their difficulty level.

I love the picture too!
Old 12-19-2006, 11:11 PM   #114

Good blog. You can't help but get behind a company that listens to its fans.. An increase in difficulty over the remaining episodes sounds quite fair.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:13 PM   #115
Psychonaut

Never Listen to the fans

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/issue/72/14

Old 12-20-2006, 12:48 AM   #116

Quote:
Thats not telltales situation..they dont respond while developing a game.. they complete an episode..receive feedback once its completed and then can use that in future episodes. Also a lot of the people providing feedback arent screaming 14 year old girls like that article suggests..many have been playing adventure games for 15 years and more.. Another point you dont change something everytime someone makes a comment, you look at the feedback and then make judgements based on your opinion and the whole picture. Ignoring your customers would be more disadvantageous than checking out what they think of your games..
Old 12-20-2006, 09:02 AM   #117
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HieroHero View Post
Also a lot of the people providing feedback arent screaming 14 year old girls like that article suggests..many have been playing adventure games for 15 years and more..
Are they any better? Some of the whiniest gamers you have to listen to have been playing games for a long time.

Now that I've offended everyone... Not everyone is like that. It takes a lot of discretion to filter through all the comments to find the things that are good.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:31 AM   #118
El Luchador

Send a message via ICQ to bigjko Send a message via MSN to bigjko

HieroHero, playing games for 15 years doesn't make you a design genius. Having played adventures for 15 years doesn't make a you a puzzle designer. Having played video games for 15 years doesn't mean you know how games marketing works. Having listened to piano music for 15 years doesn't give me the right to tell Mozart (were he alive) to get his act together and make something that pleases me more.

Feedback should always be welcome, but people who have played games for 15 years tend to think they're allowed to speak for everyone else. And quite considerably louder than everyone else.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:26 PM   #119
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

What he said, folks.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:32 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjko View Post
HieroHero, playing games for 15 years doesn't make you a design genius. Having played adventures for 15 years doesn't make a you a puzzle designer. Having played video games for 15 years doesn't mean you know how games marketing works. Having listened to piano music for 15 years doesn't give me the right to tell Mozart (were he alive) to get his act together and make something that pleases me more.

Feedback should always be welcome, but people who have played games for 15 years tend to think they're allowed to speak for everyone else. And quite considerably louder than everyone else.
The experience you have playing games would mean you would know something about them..and you shouldn't just disregard their comments as the link that was posted was proposing.. You dont look at what one person is saying..you look at what everyone is saying..if there is a general trend..take notice! I also dont think people who have played games for 15 years think they can speak for everyone else..where did you get that?