Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Where's Sam & Max? (and impressions) (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/17651-wheres-sam-max-impressions.html)

SoccerDude28 11-01-2006 10:51 AM

Changing gear a little, anyone knows what are the system requirements for this game?

Tanukitsune 11-01-2006 11:06 AM

So all us chumps who preordered the game have to wait?

That doesn't really make it a preorder, if we are the last to get it, ain't it? :frown:

DustyShinigami 11-01-2006 11:19 AM

Has anyone here experienced a problem with pre-ordering the game? Only whenever i try to go to the Checkout it keeps saying that my cart is empty.

5abanja 11-01-2006 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoccerDude28 (Post 360171)
Changing gear a little, anyone knows what are the system requirements for this game?

Here you go:

Required

Processor: 800MHz (if using a video card with hardware T & L); 1.5GHz (if using a video card without hardware T & L)

RAM: 256MB

Video card: 32MB 3D-accelerated video card

Hard drive space: 230MB available

Recommended

Processor: 1.5 GHz

RAM: 512MB

Video card: 32MB 3D-accelerated video card

Hard drive space: 230MB available

Erwin_Br 11-01-2006 11:44 AM

Whoo! Downloading at 380 Kbps!

--Erwin

Huz 11-01-2006 12:02 PM

The activation is bumming me in the gob. When I enter my order number and password, it says "Your purchase is not complete. Please reattempt payment." Fail.

Still, the 3 seconds of game provided in the demo is fun.

oubliette 11-01-2006 12:10 PM

after the heinous time it took to download, it now tells me I have a corrupt installer.

It may have been from when the downloader crashed with an ARM error, but it resumed from where it left off.

Kurufinwe 11-01-2006 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huz (Post 360222)
The activation is bumming me in the gob. When I enter my order number and password, it says "Your purchase is not complete. Please reattempt payment." Fail.

Same here. I was afraid I had forgotten my password, but seems like it's not the case.

Dale Baldwin 11-01-2006 12:25 PM

Unfortunately not, no. Pretty much everybody is affected by it right now.

Fop 11-01-2006 12:25 PM

I don't even have an order number since Telltale seems to be unable to send me email for some reason. Charging me seems to work, though, so that's something positive.

JamieSI 11-01-2006 12:30 PM

Sam & Max Demo

If anyone is experienceing problems downloading the new demo, Strategy Informer has a download link if you like, you don't have to register and you should get cool speed, took me awhile to download from the press site :)

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/s...demo/9483.html

Orange Brat 11-01-2006 12:32 PM

Zero problems and an 800k download speed. Flawless install, too.

JamieSI 11-01-2006 12:33 PM

Install worked great for me, but downloading something to download something was annoying lol

bigjko 11-01-2006 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huz (Post 360222)
Still, the 3 seconds of game provided in the demo is fun.

Wow! I must suck at gaming, because I played the demo for about 15 minutes or so.

Loads of fun, though. Wish I had a credit card.

Lucien21 11-01-2006 01:37 PM

I wish I could send Sam to the Telltale offices to go fuzzy on their ass.

Damn activation problems.

The demo was funny though.

The Seed 11-01-2006 02:11 PM

I've just played through the office part and some of the street, and to put it bluntly...it's the best adventure game I've played in years and every other current adventure game series should just crawl away and die because this is the king and everything else is just bland by comparison!

The writing is exceptional, literally a laugh every half a minute or so. Although the gameplay isn't particularly challenging (OK not even slightly challenging) the amount of stuff you can look at and interact with onscreen makes it a truly enjoyable gameplay experience.

The only complaint I have so far is technical related...as was the case with Bone before it, it seems to take forever to load between areas. That's it really.

I think Telltale Games is the best thing to happen to the AG industry in years, not only with their own products but with offering digital distribution on other companies games as well, people are going to visit the site to check out S&M and will probably end up trying those other games while their at it, which they maybe wouldn't have done otherwise.

Huz 11-01-2006 02:15 PM

Hooray, I've received my activation key now. Very swift service from Telltale - I'll have fun playing this tomorrow. :~

favrem 11-01-2006 02:59 PM

S&M demo problem

I'm experiencing a serious problem when running the demo. The first two logos appear normally, but then nothing happens and after a few seconds a blue screen appears for half a second and my PC restarts automatically.
I have a pretty recent computer with winXP.

Is anyone experiencing the same problem?

All suggestions are welcome.

marsan 11-01-2006 03:42 PM

What a wonderful game. It has been well worth the wait.

AFGNCAAP 11-01-2006 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Seed (Post 360335)
I think Telltale Games is the best thing to happen to the AG industry in years, not only with their own products but with offering digital distribution on other companies games as well, people are going to visit the site to check out S&M and will probably end up trying those other games while their at it, which they maybe wouldn't have done otherwise.

Would that be before or after those other games CRAWL AWAY AND DIE?