Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Telltale selling Al Emmo, Samorost, Ankh, and more (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/17612-telltale-selling-al-emmo-samorost-ankh-more.html)

Legolas813 10-29-2006 08:40 AM

Telltale selling Al Emmo, Samorost, Ankh, and more

Check out the new site. :D

http://www.telltalegames.com/alemmo/ ($19.99)

http://www.telltalegames.com/ankh/ ($19.99)

http://www.telltalegames.com/samorost/ (1 is free for download; 2 is $6.99)

custard 10-29-2006 08:41 AM

Still waiting for the magic elves here..

Kurufinwe 10-29-2006 08:53 AM

That's great news! I wanted to play Al Emmo, but importing it from the US was too much of a hassle for me (shipping, VAT, etc.). So that's really great. :)

*takes out credit card and starts downloading*

Melanie68 10-29-2006 09:26 AM

That's cool. :)

Slightly off topic: I have their forum page bookmarked and I went there and saw this:

Quote:

Oh Crumbs

Looks like something went horribly wrong somewhere in the Internet. As a result, the page you've requested isn't available. Or maybe it doesn't exist. Maybe it never existed. Maybe this page is a figment of your imagination. Maybe you're a figment of your own imagination. Did we just blow your mind?
:D :D

AFGNCAAP 10-29-2006 09:38 AM

Yeah, I am getting this: (as is custard, I guess :D)
Quote:

Oh Crumbs

So here's the thing... We've launched a BRAND NEW WEBSITE. It's really cool. It's so cool, in fact, that you can't see it yet. The internet relies on a magical system known as 'DNS', and the elves that control this mystical database haven't gotten around to you quite yet. Sooner or later they'll make their way to your ISP, and you'll be able to get at the new site. Hopefully you'll never even see this message, but if you do, well... we're sorry about that. Blame the elves.
Try a different browser, though. It happens in Firefox, but the site works well in IE for me.

Melanie68 10-29-2006 09:40 AM

I went to the main site and went to the forums from there (I have FireFox btw) but I think I need to reregister. It's not accepting my login from the MVN forums.

:)

Nevermind. I used my email and got a new username.

Edit: The new site design is gorgeous!! Very easy to read and find what you need. :) :)

Wouter 10-29-2006 10:38 AM

I'm glad to see that Ankh is on there. For $20, this is a real bargain. Are there plans to sell the new Ankh game (Heart of Osiris) aswell.

I just pre-ordered Sam and Max. Why...? well why not :D Telltale games website is funny by the way... my kind of jokes so i hope i will like Sam and Max (i never played the original game :frusty: ).

One thing though: ordering wasn't as straightforward as on other sites. It's still not really clear to me if there is a connection between a telltale game account and an order. The website mentions that if you create a telltale account, shipping address and such will be saved but somehow i didn't see any connection between both.

If there really is a connection between both, i think it would be better this way: before ordering, ask the visitor if he has a telltale user account and give the ability to login or ask if he wants to order without having an account.

Anyway, just a bit of constructive feedback (i hope).

Legolas813 10-29-2006 11:17 AM

I think $20 for Ankh is a little high considering you can go to most any major U.S. retailer and pick up the boxed version brand new for the same price (and Amazon has had it on sale for $11.99 in the past).

(I complain about everything being priced too high, so don't bash my post).

artwking4 10-29-2006 11:21 AM

I was able to get the boxed version of Ankh from Amazon.com for only $12 last month. I guess it was some kind of sale they were having, or they didn't know what to charge for it.

Still, I'm very pleased that Al Emmo is available as a download for only twenty dollars. I didn't want to order the boxed version for thirty bucks plus whatever insane amount shipping would have been (even for a domestic order). I know. I'm "frugal."

fov 10-29-2006 11:33 AM

Quote:

I think $20 for Ankh is a little high considering you can go to most any major U.S. retailer and pick up the boxed version brand new for the same price (and Amazon has had it on sale for $11.99 in the past).
Telltale doesn't have as much control over the prices of third party games as we do over the prices of our own games. ;)

I wish I'd picked up the boxed Ankh during that sale at Amazon last month. That was a really good price. Almost too good for a new game.

Erwin_Br 10-29-2006 11:35 AM

Wow, I dig that new webdesign!

--Erwin

Lucien21 10-29-2006 12:27 PM

The law and order game is only one case $19.99 Pfft.

Nice design though.

Might finally get Al Emmo now. (Wasn't all that fussed with the demo that made it look like 1990 all over again)

Legolas813 10-29-2006 12:30 PM

Isn't that the Law and Order game that was horribly riddled with bugs making it virtually unplayable and got low reviews everywhere? I won't be jumping on that one anytime soon.

RLacey 10-29-2006 02:30 PM

Hmm... I like the way that I have to select "Great Britain" rather than "United Kingdom" in the address fields... that took me a good few minutes of searching :crazy:.

Incidentally (and because I'm too lazy to spend more than a couple of minutes searching for the answer), does anybody know what the cost of shipping to the UK will be on the Sam & Max Season One collection?

Jake 10-29-2006 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wouter (Post 358691)
One thing though: ordering wasn't as straightforward as on other sites. It's still not really clear to me if there is a connection between a telltale game account and an order. The website mentions that if you create a telltale account, shipping address and such will be saved but somehow i didn't see any connection between both.

If there really is a connection between both, i think it would be better this way: before ordering, ask the visitor if he has a telltale user account and give the ability to login or ask if he wants to order without having an account.

Anyway, just a bit of constructive feedback (i hope).

The system was originally designed to work exactly as you described, where if you log in with a Telltale user account it would automatically fill in your address information and such into the purchase process. Sadly, we ran into some problems at the last minute and had to roll back a fair portion of the checkout experience. The checkout process will become way smoother as time goes on! It's a huge priority for me.

The Seed 10-29-2006 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legolas813 (Post 358706)

Well in the UK the cheapest it seems to be be going for is £20, so from a Brits point of view Telltale is actually offering a pretty good deal. :)

fov 10-29-2006 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLacey (Post 358783)
Hmm... I like the way that I have to select "Great Britain" rather than "United Kingdom" in the address fields... that took me a good few minutes of searching :crazy:.

I think we have the USPS to thank for that. I once spent a good five minutes standing at a USPS kiosk trying to find United Kingdom on their drop-down list. :crazy:

Quote:

Incidentally (and because I'm too lazy to spend more than a couple of minutes searching for the answer), does anybody know what the cost of shipping to the UK will be on the Sam & Max Season One collection?
It should be about the same as shipping would be for a CD version of Bone, since they'll be about the same weight. I can't tell you off the top of my head what that is, sorry. :frown:

Junkface 10-29-2006 05:11 PM

That "Oh crumbs!" message better have been an intentional allusion to Tintin. The new design is wonderful, by the way.

Fop 10-29-2006 05:17 PM

Ehm, am I supposed to get some sort of email after buying the season?

Jake 10-29-2006 05:31 PM

Yes, you should receive a nice order confirmation email. It usually takes a minute or two. Also, check your junk mail folder just in case... order confirmations in general have a habit of disappearing into them, which is a shame pretty much all the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkface (Post 358857)
That "Oh crumbs!" message better have been an intentional allusion to Tintin. The new design is wonderful, by the way.

It's actually a reference to [Telltale game designer] Heather [Logas], who has been known to utter a genuine "oh crumbs" instead of swearing. Glad you like the design :)