You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Telltale selling Al Emmo, Samorost, Ankh, and more

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2006, 10:12 AM   #41
Under pressure.

Yeah, I have that problem in Firefox, but only when viewing CNN.com. I'm currently using IE 7, though.

--Erwin
Old 10-31-2006, 02:47 PM   #42
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune

The demo of Al Emmo has me intrigued, but I'm still wondering if I should give the game a try when I finishe Sam & Max...

It looks actually kinda funny, like a Larry Laffer game but without trying to get laid?
Old 10-31-2006, 05:44 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanukitsune View Post
The demo of Al Emmo has me intrigued, but I'm still wondering if I should give the game a try when I finishe Sam & Max...

It looks actually kinda funny, like a Larry Laffer game but without trying to get laid?
I played a bit of the game, It wasn't my style. The main character's voice got on my nerves after about 20 minutes.

Ankh However was a lot of fun, if not fun-ny. Just too short.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:17 AM   #44
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokieman View Post
I played a bit of the game, It wasn't my style. The main character's voice got on my nerves after about 20 minutes.

Ankh However was a lot of fun, if not fun-ny. Just too short.
Playing Chewie has made me inmune to annoying voices...
Old 11-01-2006, 03:42 AM   #45
Elegantly copy+pasted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin_Br View Post
Eh? What's wrong with a dialog box?
There's nothing wrong with a dialog box. In a windows application. A web site isn't a windows application. Even then, it wouldn't be so bad if this was actually a real dialog box (like you get for downloading files, etc.). But no, it's a dirty little bit of code that covers up the actual page with something else.

I think that's what really provokes me: seeing the webpage there, covered by a semi-transparent layer, inaccessible while I'm forced to deal with this thing covering my screen.

Also, it's reminiscent of the popups seen on dodgy websites, and it breaks both the web paradigm and several standard browser features (like open in new tab, or hover to see the URL of the link).

In general, I don't want websites to start drawing layers on the screen, or pretend to be an application when they don't need to be, or hit me with all kinds of "cute" tricks. I just want them to render a page, preferably in plain HTML.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:15 AM   #46

I'm not seeing any of what you're describing. care to post a screenshot?
Old 11-01-2006, 04:21 AM   #47
Grah! Grah!

I've encountered it mainly when adding things to the shopping cart. I share After a brisk nap's uneasiness with it, though to a lesser degree. It's probably my only niggling dislike with the new design.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:30 AM   #48

Ahh, that's the only part of the site I've not visited yet. So it's not prevalent across all the sections / pages then?