You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Telltale selling Al Emmo, Samorost, Ankh, and more

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2006, 06:59 PM   #21
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
It's actually a reference to [Telltale game designer] Heather [Logas], who has been known to utter a genuine "oh crumbs" instead of swearing. Glad you like the design
Who was responsible for putting that on the site? Because I want to give them a great big hug for making me laugh so hard.

Oh, and Heather and I decided that we should sell a t-shirt in the Telltale store with "Oh Crumbs." on it.

DISCLAIMER: The above is not an official statement from Telltale Games. It is merely a facetious suggestion from The Intern, and nothing more, so don't take it as such. Thank you and have a lovely day.

Last edited by Squinky; 10-29-2006 at 07:38 PM.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:29 PM   #22
Super Moderator

I need to start using that phrase. I have a tendency to have a 'sailor mouth' when I get frustrated.

And I would so buy that T-shirt.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:36 PM   #23
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

Oh crumbs was the work of tabacco.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:18 PM   #24
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune

Are they part of the Penfold fanclub?

Oh carrots!

Hmm, I just might get one of the other games after Sam & Max...
Old 10-30-2006, 02:34 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas813 View Post
I think $20 for Ankh is a little high considering you can go to most any major U.S. retailer and pick up the boxed version brand new for the same price (and Amazon has had it on sale for $11.99 in the past).

(I complain about everything being priced too high, so don't bash my post).
Not a complaint as such, but download is great if you're not in the states. I bought the game for £35 when it first came out in the UK. If you go into shops it's still £20, and amazon sellers have it for about £16 (not including P+P).

Download for $20 it about £10-12 so we can certainly save ourselves a few bob.

BTW, the heart of Ossirus is coming out soon. The German and French demo are already for download at Gamershell.com.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:10 PM   #26

Cool, I might buy Ankh after I play Sam & Max.

And may I say it's great to see that horrible Telltale Aracde casual-games thing banished from the homepage (and the whole site?). I really thought that 'feature' detracted from the site as a whole.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:38 PM   #27

Yeah, stuff like Al Emmo and Ankh are the kind of 3rd party games I wouldn't mind seeing more of.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:43 PM   #28
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

I've never seen a company do more "outside the box thinking" than Telltale. Kudos to them.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:35 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udvarnoky View Post
Yeah, stuff like Al Emmo and Ankh are the kind of 3rd party games I wouldn't mind seeing more of.
Wonder when we'll see the LEC adventure classics up there for download... (at least the ones with the new front end that works in XP).

Wouldn't it be great for both LucasArts & Telltale to have Hit the Road up there for download/purchase.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:48 PM   #30

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp-30 View Post
And may I say it's great to see that horrible Telltale Aracde casual-games thing banished from the homepage (and the whole site?). I really thought that 'feature' detracted from the site as a whole.
You mean this? http://www.telltalegames.com/casual/
Old 10-30-2006, 05:02 PM   #31
fov
Rattenmonster

No, he means the casual games portal that Telltale had up for a year or so. And yes, it's gone. Forever.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:05 PM   #32

No, Texas Hold'em is a Telltale game. There used to be a selection of 3rd party casual games similar to the stuff you see on Yahoo! Games. Not that there's anything wrong with that in itself, but it did seem somewhat out of place, and was apparently just a way to have a wider selection of games on the Telltale site until they could actually provide more content themselves.

I'm not at all against seeing more Telltale-developed casual games like Telltale Texas Hold'em, Theodore Dudebrough checkers, Harry Weinhead Teaches Typing or whatever. Nor am I opposed to seeing 3rd party story driven games get a second life on Telltale Now. The Telltale Arcade just felt like a second host for another company's casual games library.

Edit: I like Emily's version better.

Last edited by Udvarnoky; 10-30-2006 at 05:10 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:29 PM   #33

Heh. Good to see it gone. We had a bit of discussion about it on the TTG forums back in the day.

Made me laugh to re-read one of my old posts in that thread;

Quote:
What I'd like to see as extra content on telltalegames.com are minigames that you might find in an adventure, perhaps as a teaser for Sam & Max, the next Bone, or better yet, utilising DanC Dank the Caveman or Ted Dudebrough. These could also double as tech demos or be reutilised craftily in your episodic adventures.

There was an animation of a dancing contest in the LucasArts Sam & Max game. That kind of thing, standalone, would be awesome - especially if that minigame did not appear in that form in the final episode.

It could also act as viral marketing for the Sam & Max episode if the file was small enough and able to be redistributed. Kinda like those virtual trading cards you had for the first Bone, but more 'fun'...

There is a short Sam & Max (flash?) animation with an alien and a brain transplant floating around the web too. That kind of non-interactive thing could be 'traded' or bought too to spread the word. Or you could 'film' a cutscene-type sequence made in your game engine and have that available for download as an animated short.

Ideally they'd be free, or if not used as a viral marketing tool cost $2.50 to download or something. If you're using the TV Channel analogy, then these would be the adverts - but the sort of adverts people like to watch.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:45 AM   #34

It would be great if the old sierra quest games were on telltales site to download..
Old 10-31-2006, 01:50 AM   #35
Under pressure.

Ask Tim Schafer. His company teamed up with Vivendi/Sierra

--Erwin
Old 10-31-2006, 02:01 AM   #36
Dungeon Master

Between the new Sierra compilations and the availability of many of the "Quests" on GameTap, I think it's highly unlikely.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:08 AM   #37
recovering AG addict

Interesting to see that Al Emmo is now also distributed by Telltale. As far as i know himalaya had initial negotiations about distributing Al Emmo through Telltale's site early on, but they decided that it was a little bit to expensive
(I heard something like 50% per game, but apparently that is not so bad at all).
However, apparently the sales from Al emmo probably can use a boost, therefore Himalaya is happy with every 50% they can get....

Jaap

Max: Right! We'll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That's spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...
Old 10-31-2006, 06:39 AM   #38
Elegantly copy+pasted

Generally nice webdesign, but I have to say I despise the AJAX-or-whatever paradigm where you click on a link, and instead of bringing you to a new page it puts a semi-transparent overlay over everything and brings up some kind of stupid dialog box. (Also seen on Netflix, among other places that really should know better.) My reaction is a little something like "Hmmm... add to cart. WTF! Well, screw this!"

Yeah. It's honestly the kind of design that makes me never go back to a website. I would have cancelled my Netflix account if they hadn't abandoned this filthly little trick at least on the Opera browser.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:11 AM   #39
Under pressure.

Eh? What's wrong with a dialog box?

--Erwin
Old 10-31-2006, 08:05 AM   #40
Super Moderator

The only thing I hate about the design is that main bit of Flash, and this is probably going to be an issue that's only affecting me. I've had a flickering problem for months with certain specific Flash objects, and that particular one makes my screen flicker like crazy (only at home though, it's fine at work). Good thing I don't suffer from epilepsy.