You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure The Last Express...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2006, 03:17 PM   #41
never stops believin'

You can play TLE through Gametap, btw, which I plan on doing after hearing all you talk about it.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:39 PM   #42
Vel
Quo non ascendet?

The Last Express is an amazing game indeed. It is also one of the few adventure games that would have been great movies or books as well. I don't think that any game has come close to the gameplay quality of TLE, although GK3 has some similar features.
What is so impressive in TLE is that not only does it tell an interesting story well, it accurately and authentically recreates the epoch of pre-WW1 Europe. And it has the most moving ending ever seen in a game, imo.
I cannot recommend any games for you to play, but I'm pretty sure you will lie movies such as The Third Man and The Lady Vanishes, it's apparent how much inspiration Mechner drew from those.

PS. About TLE being a movie, who thinks that Joseph Cotten would have made a great lead?
Old 11-13-2006, 05:11 PM   #43
OUATIJ Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vel View Post
The Last Express is an amazing game indeed. It is also one of the few adventure games that would have been great movies or books as well. I don't think that any game has come close to the gameplay quality of TLE, although GK3 has some similar features.
What is so impressive in TLE is that not only does it tell an interesting story well, it accurately and authentically recreates the epoch of pre-WW1 Europe. And it has the most moving ending ever seen in a game, imo.
I cannot recommend any games for you to play, but I'm pretty sure you will lie movies such as The Third Man and The Lady Vanishes, it's apparent how much inspiration Mechner drew from those.

PS. About TLE being a movie, who thinks that Joseph Cotten would have made a great lead?
Totally agree. Joseph Cotton is awesome, and yes...the influences are clear.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:59 PM   #44
Vel
Quo non ascendet?

...Oh, and Orson Welles as Kronos, that would be even better!

...Dream on...