You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Sam & Max Episode 1 will be on one DVD?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2006, 07:32 PM   #41

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoG View Post
Launching Gametap proper, and searching through the app has ZERO mention of Sam and Max. NOTHING...not even "coming soon".
WTF? There are multiple banner ads and at least 4-5 different video trailers that have been running for the past month. Sam and Max is everywhere in Gametap! You can't use the service without being bombarded by the mention of the game. They have gone crazy advertising it inside the service.

As for the website, it does need a lot of work. All they have is this page.

Last edited by Legolas813; 10-16-2006 at 07:57 PM.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:40 PM   #42
Super Moderator

This is just a thought, but I wonder if they pick ads to show you based on the type of games you play.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:42 PM   #43

They don't. A large majority of their ads are for 2D fighters, FPS, and strategy RPGs, none of which I have really played much at all on Gametap.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:53 PM   #44
FlipFrame

Are you arguing with me for a particular reason? I'm not a moron. Click on that link. You go to the main page and what do you see? A flash movie of the GameSphere, and then when a wall of game icons appear, you'll see S&M among them. Go ahead and click it...you get a pulldown that asks you to join. Okay fine, click on browse games...is it there? NOPE. NO BANNERS ANYWHERE. How am I not seeing ANYTHING?

When Valve releases a game on Steam, you know damn well when you can preload and what TIME it will be available. Even misc. game demo's from IGN and/or Gamespot tell you what TIME you can download them...yet this is unusual here??

Just because YOU know all about everything regarding its emminent release and the variety of links you have, its not highly visible. FFS if you can't link to the big banner page you gave me from the goddamn home page of the service, don't you think I sorta have a point here? The game comes out like SOON.

Bottom line, I as well as many people (hey go argue with Once a Villain, he seems to agree with me! He wants to know what TIME as well!) are EXCITED TO PLAY THIS GAME. So instead of disparaging and making me feel like I have NO POINT, you can show some solidarity eh?

Gotta love this community...
Old 10-16-2006, 07:56 PM   #45

You said there is zero mention of Sam and Max inside the Gametap APPLICATION. I was arguing against that point. I do agree that the WEBSITE needs a lot of work.

I think we have an issue of miscommunication of words between us.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:03 PM   #46
FlipFrame

Yes, I did say that...and for gods sake, "ZERO" is hyperbole; I mean that there is no "OMG AFTER 13 YEARS...SAM AND MAX IS BACK...CLICK HERE TO PRELOAD AND PLAY AT 8:00 AM EST!!" banner. The application merely links to a buried video, so I have no idea where you see oodles of information...

Well whatever...Oct 17th in an hour... *tick*

Cheers
Old 10-16-2006, 08:05 PM   #47

It's already October 17 here in Florida and the ad on this website says "Play it Now! only on Gametap". Yeah right.

Quote:
I mean that there is no "OMG AFTER 13 YEARS...SAM AND MAX IS BACK...CLICK HERE TO PRELOAD AND PLAY AT 8:00 AM EST!!" banner.
Preload the game? You are asking way too much. You get the game when it's out. Period. Calm down.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:09 PM   #48
FlipFrame

Gotcha. <---small period
Old 10-16-2006, 08:27 PM   #49

Nice review on the homepage!
Old 10-16-2006, 08:47 PM   #50

In joyus celebration I uploaded that Sam & Max flash Steve Purcell made for all of youtube to see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTnrD3Oeb5U

Hopefully Gootube doesent delete it.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:15 AM   #51

Looks like Gametap is following their usual annoying practice of releasing games mid-day.

Makes sense, though. They can have actual human beings release the games and if there are any problems they can fix them right then and there.

EDIT: No excuse for ads on the Internet saying the game is now available. Also, no excuse for Sam and Max being way more advertised on Telltale's website: www.telltalegames.com

Last edited by Legolas813; 10-17-2006 at 05:05 AM.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:58 AM   #52

You can't wait a few hours?
Old 10-17-2006, 05:09 AM   #53

It should be here any minute now. Gametap has updated their website with 11 more games.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:39 AM   #54

The Sam & Max gametap site is live with a bunch of goodies. New gameplay videos. I'm being cautious with them though. they might have spoilers
http://www.gametap.com/home/samMax/index.html
Old 10-17-2006, 05:53 AM   #55

I'm very pleased with the new site. Much better (though most of the links don't seem to work yet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by xChri5x View Post
New gameplay videos. I'm being cautious with them though. they might have spoilers
http://www.gametap.com/home/samMax/index.html
They probably do. The most recent trailers had a ton of spoilers.

Well at least the release schedule has been announced: http://www.gametap.com/home/samMax/game_info.html
Old 10-17-2006, 05:59 AM   #56
Under pressure.

Can anybody explain to me the meaning of the word 'skeevy'? Babylon Translator is failing me (for the first time)!

--Erwin
Old 10-17-2006, 06:03 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin_Br View Post
Can anybody explain to me the meaning of the word 'skeevy'? Babylon Translator is failing me (for the first time)!
Skeevy

I've learnt a new word today too.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 10-17-2006, 06:09 AM   #58
Under pressure.

All right!

I like the website GameTap put up. The amount of gameplay footage is a bit too much, though. They're almost spoiling the entire game!

--Erwin
Old 10-17-2006, 06:24 AM   #59
marsan

Quote:
If and when my game comes out, you guys will know for damn sure the absolute day, minute and second its available, on top of talking about it ad nauseum to anyone who will listen and/or click.

Cheers
Lol, I would have liked to seen that. The release date for Oblivion world release date was set to a certain date, but as I explored the pages here selling games, it turned out it wouldn't be release for another week in this part of Europe. No sec or min there, even though they had that daily countdown thingy with new video clips from the games.

Resident Evill 4 is another funny example. The release date seems to be changed regulary, I bet when it first is released I won't notice and will first see it on a shelf about half a year or so after the actual release date. That's the problem with changing a release date many times, one stops checking after a while.

Old 10-17-2006, 08:34 AM   #60

Gametap has been updated! Now available:

1) Culture Shock game
2) Making of Sam and Max video
3) 4th episode from animated series
4) Many other new games including Far Cry

EDIT: Holy crap they have given Gametap a significant facelift. The welcome screen and options look totally different. And on Gametap TV you now have a progress bar!

Last edited by Legolas813; 10-17-2006 at 08:53 AM.