You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Sam & Max Episode 1 will be on one DVD?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2006, 03:30 PM   #21
Under pressure.

That's very interestings.

--Erwin
Old 10-16-2006, 03:46 PM   #22
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
On a related note, someone at Telltale should have proofread the Sam and Max banner that's on this page.
It's GameTap's ad.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:56 PM   #23

Well, clearly you weren't thinking things through when you chose them as a partner!
Old 10-16-2006, 03:58 PM   #24
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

I think my brain is going to pop.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:01 PM   #25

I cheat.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:33 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin_Br
That's probably because the number is a variable. The code only updates the number, not the word 'days', is my guess
They could always do the old SNES RPG trick of saying "X Day(s)".

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov View Post
It's GameTap's ad.
And what company is pushing for episodic gaming as a means to position themselves as the HBO of the game world? GameTap. Clearly episodic games are the root of all this devilry. Now I fear to invite episodic games into my home, lest they coerce me to practice witchcraft and dance naked around a goat sacrificed to the Freelance Police gods.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:23 PM   #27

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

BTW, don't stay up waiting until midnight for Sam and Max to appear on Gametap, because it more than likely won't. Gametap usually adds content sometime in the afternoon.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:41 PM   #28

I heard Sam & Max isn't really coming out and it's a scam.

This is fun!
Old 10-16-2006, 06:03 PM   #29
FlipFrame

Yea, Gametap otherwise seems completely devoid of any information, both on the site and in the app.

Maybe its just me, but you'd think perhaps they might want to talk up commerical titles less than a day out from being "released".
Old 10-16-2006, 06:15 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by martynium View Post
Episodic content is the worst thing to have ever happened to PC gaming. You pay a premium for bite sized morsels barely substantial enough to keep you entertained for an afternoon and then have to wait an age for the next one to come along. It's complete bollocks. If Sam n Max were being released as a full game Id be mighty excited. Like this, bleh...
Unfortunately I agree with this. The only ones who really benefit from this is the developers. In the end we will have paid 20 dollars 8 times to get an average size game.

Like most adventurers I finish these episodes in one weekend, then have to wait another 2 months and repeat. In the end we pay 160 dollars and have to wait. Meanwhile the company doesn't have to pay for distribution and all the hell that goes into manufacturing.

Sam and Max is the only game that I will put up with this. I am waiting on the full content of Bone. Please God, please don't do this to Monkey Island.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:15 PM   #31
OUATIJ Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoG View Post
Yea, Gametap otherwise seems completely devoid of any information, both on the site and in the app.

Maybe its just me, but you'd think perhaps they might want to talk up commerical titles less than a day out from being "released".
Yeah, no kidding. I want to know WHEN I can download the game. Like, midnight or what? Argh.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:24 PM   #32
FlipFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once A Villain View Post
Yeah, no kidding. I want to know WHEN I can download the game. Like, midnight or what? Argh.

So there is really no information anywhere? TellTale doesn't know...?

Yay, consumer visibility FTW!

Cheers
Old 10-16-2006, 06:25 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blondebeard View Post
Unfortunately I agree with this. The only ones who really benefit from this is the developers. In the end we will have paid 20 dollars 8 times to get an average size game.

Like most adventurers I finish these episodes in one weekend, then have to wait another 2 months and repeat. In the end we pay 160 dollars and have to wait. Meanwhile the company doesn't have to pay for distribution and all the hell that goes into manufacturing.
It's $9, not $20/episode, and it's only one month you have to wait between episodes (and only 2 weeks for small animated shorts to hold you over for the next episode). And if you buy the whole season (6 games), it's just $34.95 AND you get the season on CD for just the cost of p&p.

Also it's not just the devs that benefit. I benefit too, because it means I actually get to play new Sam & Max adventures.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:40 PM   #34
Super Moderator

Quote:

Sam and Max is the only game that I will put up with this. I am waiting on the full content of Bone. Please God, please don't do this to Monkey Island.
Have you done your research before you posted this? For all the people who bitch and moan about this method of delivering games, you throw out arbitrary numbers which will be different for each game depending on the developer and the game. For Sam and Max, if you looked at Telltales site (and the news on this site), and you aren't going to use Gametap, you can pay $34.95 up front (which is a far cry from the numbers you threw out )and download each episode as it comes out (monthly-the only exception being the time between ep.1 and 2 which is 2 months), and you get a CD with all the episodes on it at the end included in the price. Nostalgia and this 'old man' but it's always been done a certain way attitude are really annoying after a while especially when the rhetoric against it is so arbitrary and reactionary.

Edit: JP said the same thing as me but with less grouchiness.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:40 PM   #35
Hopeful skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas813 View Post
BTW, don't stay up waiting until midnight for Sam and Max to appear on Gametap, because it more than likely won't. Gametap usually adds content sometime in the afternoon.
But those that stay up 'til midnight to read AG's review will be rewarded.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:44 PM   #36

Quote:

Does everything need to be in colours and shapes for people to understand ?

Telltale needs to break out some hand puppets explaining season 1
Old 10-16-2006, 06:53 PM   #37
FlipFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
But those that stay up 'til midnight to read AG's review will be rewarded.

Bastard!!!

AG readers FTW AND FTL

/jealousy
Old 10-16-2006, 06:54 PM   #38
Thats the ticket

Man I'm so excited about this all six of my nipples are tingling!
Old 10-16-2006, 07:14 PM   #39

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoG View Post
There are ads on countless websites. There is information on Gametap's website, inside the software, in the weekly emails, on Telltale's website, etc. What more is there to know? The game is releasing on October 17. There are ads and notifications everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once A Villain View Post
Gametap usually doesn't release new games until around mid-day.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:27 PM   #40
FlipFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas813 View Post
There are ads on countless numbers of sites. There is information on Gametap's website, inside the software, in the weekly emails, on Telltale's website, etc. What more is there to know. The game is releasing on October 17. There are ads and notifications EVERYWHERE.
Whats more to know? When on the 17th? Do I stay up until midnight? Is it 8am EST? Minor information perhaps for you, but for an addict like me, not so much.

As it were, going here merely gets you a tiny icon (of many) for S&M, which brings up a tiny little banner linking you to general videos and "play now" (which is just the application to join Gametap). Launching Gametap proper, and searching through the app has ZERO mention of Sam and Max. NOTHING...not even "coming soon".

Reread what I wrote; I didn't say there were no adverts anywhere, I said that Gametap, having this big exclusive with a new commercial product that has ZERO visibility other than a tiny icon that goes nowhere informative. You dont find this odd that mere HOURS away from the 17th, there is no information nor fanfare of the impending release on the VERY service thats releasing it?

Yes we do all know its the 17th, but business is business regardless if its Adventure Games or a new high tech shaving cream...so a business not screaming it from the rooftops is suspect. If and when my game comes out, you guys will know for damn sure the absolute day, minute and second its available, on top of talking about it ad nauseum to anyone who will listen and/or click.

Cheers