Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Bone (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/17398-bone.html)

Trumgottist 10-14-2006 10:57 AM

Bone

Now that the Mac version I out, I tried that demo. Instead of being limited to the first scene, it's limited to 30 minutes, and that gives a much better impression of the game. Now I have to buy it. (Yes, I know trustworthy people have said that it's a good game, and I have intended to get it eventually, but it was still more fun than I expected.)

Dale Baldwin 10-14-2006 11:13 AM

The PC version's trial was changed a few weeks after release to be 30 minutes-worth too.

Trumgottist 10-14-2006 11:18 AM

Now that you say so, I recall that being the case, but as I had already played the demo I didn't pay much attention to that.

I'm now waiting for the confirmation e-mail.

fov 10-14-2006 12:37 PM

Ooh, playing Out from Boneville for the first time. I envy you. :)

The game has its faults, but it has some very nice parts as well. I really enjoyed playing around with all the dialogue options, both with the possum kids and also later on at the dinner table.

Trumgottist 10-14-2006 01:20 PM

Yes, it is both fun and charming. (And taking time away from other stuff I should be doing.)

jp-30 10-14-2006 01:26 PM

Cow Race is funner and charminger (and longer and harder). I guess that'll be ported in due course too.

Ariel Type 10-14-2006 01:32 PM

Cow Race was way better then this first episode. It imroved every aspect of the game. Rarely you see such progress..

Hammerite 10-14-2006 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jp-30 (Post 353260)
[(and longer and harder)

teehee :D

i am so immature.
:)

Erwin_Br 10-14-2006 04:08 PM

Incidentally, I finished the Great Cowrace a few days ago. Very nice! I never finished the first game, because somehow I never managed to get through that last running sequence. It's a pity, because I loved the ending sequence in the Cowrace, and now I'm wondering what the ending of its predecessor would be like.

--Erwin

Udvarnoky 10-14-2006 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erwin_Br (Post 353387)
Incidentally, I finished the Great Cowrace a few days ago. Very nice! I never finished the first game, because somehow I never managed to get through that last running sequence. It's a pity, because I loved the ending sequence in the Cowrace, and now I'm wondering what the ending of its predecessor would be like.

--Erwin

The ending to Boneville was actually shown again near the beginning of Cow Race. I think you only missed The Hooded One's closing lines. It doesn't have nearly the closure Cow Race's ending does, but it's exactly like the first book ends (though the book also had some of the barrelhaven stuff Telltale moved to second game).

By the way, the newer version of Out from Boneville allows you to skip the chase sequences after one fail, so you may want to check that out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ariel Type (Post 353264)
Cow Race was way better then this first episode. It imroved every aspect of the game. Rarely you see such progress..

It really makes me excited for the third one!

fov 10-14-2006 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Udvarnoky (Post 353391)
The ending to Boneville was actually shown again near the beginning of Cow Race. I think you only missed The Hooded One's closing lines.

There's a little bit more to it than that... stuff in the woods where

Spoiler:
the Dragon meets up with Gran'ma Ben for the first time.

I'd offer you a save, but unfortunately I'm not sure if it's possible to save right after the rat creature chase. It's true that the newer version of the game allows you to skip those sequences - you could install right on top of the one you already have installed, it'll still be activated on your computer, and your saves should be in tact.

Udvarnoky 10-14-2006 05:10 PM

Ah, true! Might be worth the trouble to load it up again, Erwin_Br.

xChri5x 10-14-2006 07:29 PM

wait, there's more to the ofb demo now?

Udvarnoky 10-14-2006 07:47 PM

Yes, if by "now" you mean "a year ago." When it was first released, the demo let you play the first scene. Not long after they changed the demo so that it lets your play for 30 minutes.

Boneho Chane 10-15-2006 08:45 AM

Yes! I hope they port the rest of the series, and maybe Sam and Max if Gametap doesn't release there mac version first.

Trumgottist 10-15-2006 11:46 AM

And now I've finished it. Great fun!

I was particularly impressed with the animation. It may well be the best animation I've seen in an adventure game. No wooden characters in this game.

HieroHero 10-15-2006 09:10 PM

if you like out from boneville you'll love the great cow race..much more impressive in my opinion. The game design is really stepped up. Still a little too easy for my tastes, but its great fun to play the game with kids.

Erwin_Br 10-16-2006 04:30 AM

Speaking of wooden characters: There was ONE character that did appear a bit wooden, and that's the guy with the udder hat in 'The Great Cowrace'. He just stood there outside that barn, doing nothing.

--Erwin

tabacco 10-16-2006 07:53 AM

The hat required his full attention.

Erwin_Br 10-16-2006 07:58 AM

Ah, of course. Now I understand. :P

A solution to make him less stiff, would have been positioning him sitting on the fence. Is Dave reading this too? :D :P

--Erwin