You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Level 5 announces new adventure game for the DS!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2006, 03:50 AM   #1

Default Level 5 announces new adventure game for the DS!!!

Quote:
Level-5 today announced their first self-published game, an adventure game for the Nintendo DS called Professor Layton and the Mysterious Village. Combining a fantasy setting with engaging puzzles, the game stars Professor Layton, an English gentleman, and Luke, a schoolboy. The game is being produced by Level-5's own Akihiro Hino, but will be supervised by Akira Tago, author of popular brain teasing books in Japan.

Level-5, who made it big under Sony's publishing arm with Dark Cloud, and later with Dragon Quest VIII for Square Enix (and don't forget Rogue Galaxy), seems pretty serious about the puzzle aspects of the game, though further details are still a bit scarce. We'll have more on this one soon, but for now, what we do know is that the game is set for release in Japan on February 15th next year for 4,800 yen.
Source.

Man, after Anaconda's news recently, this is just plain awesome! Level 5 has done no wrong heretofore and I can't imagine this will be any different. What an exciting prospect!!

EDIT: Here's a link to the official site and man does it look beautiful! I love the art style!

Last edited by VictimOfScience; 10-11-2006 at 05:18 AM.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:01 AM   #2
Hopeful skeptic

If it's ever released outside of Japan, anyway. I'm trying to find out if it will. It'd help if I spoke Japanese.

Another new adventure coming to DS, as well (news to follow shortly).
Old 10-11-2006, 06:51 AM   #3

more pics here:

http://plusd.itmedia.co.jp/games/art...news103_2.html

Damn..this will make me buy DS finally, not only it's adventure game, but I absoltely love Level5 games
Old 10-11-2006, 07:05 AM   #4
fov
Rattenmonster

I hope it comes out in English.

Touch Detective came through. Maybe this one will, too. Although if many more AGs are annouced for DS, I'm never going to have time to play them all...
Old 10-11-2006, 03:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
If it's ever released outside of Japan, anyway. I'm trying to find out if it will. It'd help if I spoke Japanese.

Another new adventure coming to DS, as well (news to follow shortly).
Yes, Sinking Island? Sounds absoltely brilliant. I am just loving the DS right about now.

And yes, I hope Level 5 releases theirs outside the US. They have always doneso in the past, so hopefully this will be no different.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:22 AM   #6

YouTube Vid
Old 10-12-2006, 09:03 AM   #7

The video is charming, loved the animation and the soundtrack (too bad I can't understand a thing...). Level 5 is a big name, although Sony or Square usually release their games... Hope someone picks up this game for translation, maybe Atlus again or even Nintendo?

And European companies doing DS adventures?
Great news!! Finally they saw the potential. Hope it's quality stuff. I always wondered if the DS could handle quality pre-rendered backgrounds.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:03 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictimOfScience View Post
Yes, Sinking Island? Sounds absoltely brilliant. I am just loving the DS right about now.
Personaly I'm dissapoited. I was hoping that if they would do something with DS it would be new game, like Undercover DS, instead at most we'll get crappier version of PC original
Old 10-13-2006, 03:15 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianWerner View Post
Personaly I'm dissapoited. I was hoping that if they would do something with DS it would be new game, like Undercover DS, instead at most we'll get crappier version of PC original
We'll just have to wait and see how similar it is. I can't imagine they'd try to go carbon copy from the PC given the tech differences, but who knows? I am just excited that a big name in adventure like Sokal's is giving proper atterntion to the DS.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:14 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov View Post
I hope it comes out in English.

Touch Detective came through. Maybe this one will, too. Although if many more AGs are annouced for DS, I'm never going to have time to play them all...
This one looks a little more my style.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:14 PM   #11

May have to jump on the DS bandwagon..