You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure The Journeyman Project

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2006, 12:09 AM   #1

Default The Journeyman Project

Does anyone know what is the difference between The Journeyman Project: Turbo and The Journeyman Project: Pegasus Prime?
I know Pegasus Prime is for PowerPC and Turbo is for PC. Is there some other difference?
Ive never had a chance to play The Journeyman Projects so i wanna play it now
Old 09-27-2006, 01:44 AM   #2
marsan

The Journeyman Project: Pegasus Prime is a complete remake of The Journeyman Project 1. But The Journeyman Project Turbo is only an optimized version of The Journeyman Project 1. The Journeyman Project Turbo was originally called The Journeyman Project 100%, but was later renamed to Turbo because it had many significant speed improvements.

Old 09-27-2006, 02:10 AM   #3

Oh, thx. But i dont suppose, there is a win version, right? So it means ppc emu.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:33 AM   #4
marsan

Quote:
Originally Posted by daikatana_ View Post
Oh, thx. But i dont suppose, there is a win version, right? So it means ppc emu.
Yes, there is no Pegasus Prime version for Windows. Only a PowerMac edition, and apparently a japanese playstation release as well.

Old 09-27-2006, 03:40 AM   #5

Oh, and is there any difference between those two versions? Besides the language of course... I would use psx emu instead of the other one
Old 09-27-2006, 03:58 AM   #6
marsan

Quote:
Originally Posted by daikatana_ View Post
Oh, and is there any difference between those two versions? Besides the language of course... I would use psx emu instead of the other one
It doesn't say anything about it on the archived webpage of Presto Studios, but seems like they are virtually the same. I guess the biggest difference is that the japanese psx version should be pretty hard to get a hold of...

Old 09-28-2006, 01:59 AM   #7

And here i was, thinking that Journeyman project:Turbo was just a title tribute to street fighter turbo.
I mean, its not an appropriate title for an adventure game. Adventures always have some epic Evil_plot title..... like Mystery of the Druids, Angel of Darkness, Feeble files.....ermmm....no the latter is all wrong
Old 09-28-2006, 03:31 AM   #8

)
Actually i think that's quite cool name for an adventure game
Old 10-01-2006, 01:56 PM   #9
Dungeon Master

I'm going to hijack this thread to pose a question I've been meaning to ask for some time now. In his Journeyman Project 3 review, Jack says:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG review
Legacy of Time picks up several months after the conclusion of Journeyman Project 2, in the year 2329. The dramatic turn of events at the end of the second game remains unresolved. Although the manual blatantly reveals the identity of the culprit in the previous story (...)
Does it mean playing Legacy of Time (but ignoring the manual ) will also spoil the second game's resolution? And if so, will it really hurt if/when I decide to play Buried in Time in the future? (Because, for example, I had played the first game in the series and it definitely wasn't plot-heavy enough for it to matter whether the sequels reveal its ending.)
Old 10-01-2006, 02:50 PM   #10
marsan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP View Post
I'm going to hijack this thread to pose a question I've been meaning to ask for some time now. In his Journeyman Project 3 review, Jack says:

Does it mean playing Legacy of Time (but ignoring the manual ) will also spoil the second game's resolution? And if so, will it really hurt if/when I decide to play Buried in Time in the future? (Because, for example, I had played the first game in the series and it definitely wasn't plot-heavy enough for it to matter whether the sequels reveal its ending.)
I saw no problems with Journeyman Project 3's story while I was playing Journeyman Project 2. Of course, now I played the third game first and then the second game quite recently. But there were no direct clashes at least. In some cases they talked about the same people in both games, but the story of the games are made in such a way that you can play each game without spoiling the other games.

Old 10-01-2006, 03:35 PM   #11
Hopeful skeptic

Um, no. The third game is a direct continuation of the second, and the "villain" of #2 is given away in the opening minutes of #3. Not to mention one other significant plot point from the end of #2, but it's pretty impossible not to know that one already.

That said, JP2 is hardly a whodunit. Knowing who's messing with the timeline is a curiosity, but hardly an integral part of one's enjoyment of the game. So I'd say go ahead and play #3 any time without worrying about it. But if you want that added layer of intrigue, better not.