Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Broken Sword 4: The Angel of Death - finished it (Beware potential spoilers) (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/16914-broken-sword-4-angel-death-finished-beware-potential-spoilers.html)

ChaDeaM 09-16-2006 12:18 PM

Broken Sword 4: The Angel of Death - finished it (Beware potential spoilers)

WOW
It was such a good game.

Pros:
- Great graphics
- Excellent voice acting
- Amazing plot (I'm waiting to Broken Sword 5 - hope it will be done)
- Good puzzles level - not too hard and also not too easy

Cons:
- Non-intuitive controls - I liked the idea of having the abilty of using both the keyboard and the mouse, but the must of using them simultaneously made the game less good then it could be.
- Bugs, bugs, bugs, bugs, and more bugs... The game crashes many times, and get stuck in others. It stucks even during the movies, when a character get stuck in the wall and doesn't get to its final position, so the movie continues. Some scenes you just don't see - you here the characters talking and moving, you see the subtitles, but everything else is black.

I would give it 4 stars. The missing star is for the bugs, which made me save the game every five minutes in the worry of being having to do my steps again. Without the bugs, this was a game of 5 stars.

Hammerite 09-16-2006 12:25 PM

you DO know that BS4 is the last one.

(theyre telling the truth this time!!)

ChaDeaM 09-16-2006 01:34 PM

Well, I know it is decided...
But I hope they'll change their minds...
This is not a way to finish a story.
I think they should do another one, to explain things (the reason George and Nico attract troubles to themselves each time, for example) and finish the story by making one final adventure that will make Nico and George together again or will seperate between them for ever.
I would like something big for an end to this wonderful series.

Hammerite 09-16-2006 01:39 PM

Please dont spoil the ending, I'm getting it tommorrow!

I Love Cookiemonster 09-16-2006 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerite
you DO know that BS4 is the last one.

(theyre telling the truth this time!!)

How do you know that? Tony hasn't said anything about it

honeycomb 09-16-2006 07:07 PM

BS3 was supposed to be the last one. Its smart marketing to announce initially that this is the last of the series. But if BS4 sells and based on the reviews its getting it should do at least ok then the old commercial imperative will kick in and you can bet there'll be a 5th instalment.

ChaDeaM 09-17-2006 12:55 AM

BTW, Nico and George are supposed to be together in this game after the third one, aren't they? So why they are not?

Gabe 09-17-2006 01:56 AM

YEah yeah,great graphics amazing plot is this the first video game you ever finished sonny?So stop disinforming people for such an average game.

Hammerite 09-17-2006 04:12 AM

have you played it?

Chad316 09-17-2006 03:44 PM

I just finished this, thought it was a great game overall although i was disappointed by the ending. Excellent graphics, good storyline, nice soundtrack, good voice acting and good bit of humour in there too. Maybe abit on the short side, i bought this friday and completed it by sunday. Would of loved it to of been longer. A 5th installment is needed i feel so i hope its made.

ChaDeaM 09-17-2006 09:37 PM

I played many adventure games, and it is definitely more than avarage.
The plot, and more than that - the atmosphere in the game are just wonderful.
The plot in this game is just developing in the right way and in the right pace.
Thus I loved this game more than most of the games...
I'm sorry I don't think like you, Gabe...

Zlatko 09-17-2006 09:41 PM

People Who Finished Broken Sword 4. What do you think?

I finished the game at 6:13 pm today..i had to go out and help my friend swap out a differential out of his car today so i would have written this a lot sooner today.

The game, is a little bit sketchy..and i will give you my reasons for this..

Let's start out with the good points...k, first of all..the graphics were obviously superiour, it felt a little bit too polished around the edges..what i mean by this is that the skins for certain objects were too reused, like if you're at an apartment block, you;d think they're would be certain parts of the building that are different than the others (ie stains, wearing paint), and certain pieces were too easily to spot, like i see crates..and i IMMEDIATELY know that im supposed to climb.

Having said that, i guess this game was a bit more oriented towards the amateur adventure gamer (ive played everything from loom to runaway and mi4) than an experienced player.

Certain things were too obvious, like having to climb and jump to certain places, it felt more like i was playing prince of persia than broken sword.

Spoiler:

The plot was a little bit sketchy in the sense that there were TOO many players involved in the plot...i mean..mafia? vatican? and where the HELL did nico come from? I mean really? some guy called her to an airport, gave her the costume and that's it? WTF? They didnt even say what she had been doing since BS3 (which btw i just played and beat for the first time 2 days ago, i know im sorry, i was busy) and BS4.

Spoiler:

Another thing i cant understand, is why is it that nico and george always seem to dance around each other but never make any sort of significant move on each other. Did you see nico's reaction when maynard asked her if anna-maria was her friend? "NO I HATE HER", are you serious lady? It's like the same thing when George asked nico if anything had happened between her and the french guy in BS3. Why does the developer constantly have them dance around each other but never let them be truely together? It's a disgrace..It's been like 10 years since they met.

Anyways..i guess im just a little pissed off since the ending was so watered down and provided me with no real sense of closure or what has happened, or why.

Another thing i dont understand is, why the puzzles were so hard in certain places and yet so insignificantly easy in other places?

HeinzHarald 09-17-2006 10:54 PM

Just thought I'd mention I've played it for 7 hours and havn't experienced any crashes, "stickyness", or black cutscenes. The only bugs I've noticed have been hotspots that failed to disappear when they should (you could highlight but not click them).

Every once in a while George isn't too good at "pathfinding" when you point and click, and end up standing still looking like a big question mark. But much of the time I find his pathfinding better than in most 2.5D adventures. I don't exclusively use PnC though, so it might be worse than what I've noticed.

Zlatko 09-17-2006 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaDeaM
BTW, Nico and George are supposed to be together in this game after the third one, aren't they? So why they are not?

Good freakin' question man.

Im really comfused as to what their "Status" is.

I mean christ..:crazy:

Also the controls were so sooo annoying. stupid cameras.

Ledz 09-18-2006 02:55 AM

Just finished it. Not a bad game, puzzles are cool mostly, liked those hacking minigames. Didn't like Nico's voice acting, it was much better in BS3.

Most major issue for me is the ending.
Spoiler:
I got a serious "bad ending" feeling out of it, I'm gonna try the end scene again soon to see if there is absolutely no way to save Anna Maria.

Kurufinwe 09-18-2006 03:01 AM

And thanks for the spoiler... :shifty:

Ledz 09-18-2006 03:14 AM

I thought this thread was for people who finished the game... What was I thinking.. it's not like it's in the title of the thread or anything...

Gabe 09-18-2006 06:22 AM

Forget bout plot ,forget about graphics why there isnt even follow behind cam in this game, i cant even look where i want, first i need run there..and look from angle of fixed cam.
If ever able to finish such an irritating adv. at least will take a year for sure.

jtoast 09-18-2006 08:05 AM

Bah! Finished it and I agree that he ending totally sucked. Huge letdown from the rest of the game.

emreggub 09-18-2006 10:26 AM

BS4 Angel Of Death

Does anyone have a walkthrough for this? I am stuck in the hotel trying to get in room 23.:crazy: