You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2006, 09:26 AM   #1
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq
Default bought Ankh!

I got Ankh at EBgames here in San Francisco! Anyone want to comment on the game? I started playing last nite. Loving the graphics and voices.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:35 PM   #2

Yeah, I also just got my copy today.

Any comments are wholeheartedly welcome from those who have played Ankh.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:04 PM   #3

Ankh it's German attempt to revive classic humour adventures from Lucas Arts, they consulted it with creators of these adventures (they're now working in Telltale)

Sometimes very funny, sometimes boring jokes, but without doubt a good adventure! I am appreciate this German efforts and waiting for sequel (Ankh:Heart of Osiris)

But better adventures are comin' - Secret Files:Tunguska and especially Geoge's and Nico's return in Broken Sword 4
Old 09-14-2006, 01:05 PM   #4

Completed it and loved it. Not as hilarious as past games, but it's terrific to play a game that's polished in all areas. I just wish I had a pc capable of playing it at full specs.

I think though, what made the game seem less fun from other ags of its kind are lack of gimmicks (a good thing or a bad thing I don't know). Most other comedy/ cartoon AGs have gimmicks (like Murrey in Monkey Island or Death in Discworld).

The game didn't seem to have much scope either. But that's something that a sequel can improve on. Overally, probably my fav AG of this year. Mind you, I don't think I've bought another AG released this year other than that. Where's Tony Tough 2????
Old 09-18-2006, 05:08 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

Ok, don't burn me at the stake for posting this, but GameSpot has posted a great review of Ankh (7.3). And keep in mind this is the same exact reviewer who gave Barrow Hill a 2.6.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/ankh/review.html