Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Al Emmo Released :) (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/16746-al-emmo-released.html)

Melanie68 09-05-2006 09:27 PM

Al Emmo Released :)

Yay!! :)

Eriq is only an hour and a half away from me, I wonder if he'll deliver? :P

Edit: Here's the news item (it'll give the thread more oomph).

Silly thread, I know. :)

tsa 09-05-2006 09:34 PM

That's good news! I liked the demo!

Kolzig 09-05-2006 09:47 PM

Congrats to Himalaya about a finished quality product! :)

eriq 09-05-2006 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melanie68
Eriq is only an hour and a half away from me, I wonder if he'll deliver? :P

If I had a copy I would. LOL. I am watching my mailbox too. ;)

Kurufinwe 09-06-2006 04:28 AM

I know I could probably find the info somewhere, but I'm feeling lazy today, so: What are the final shipping costs for Europe (France, to be specific)? I remember they were announced to be quite high around the time when the demo was released, but I also think someone said that they might change. So, does anyone know what the situation is?

RLacey 09-06-2006 05:39 AM

9.64€ was the value I came up with for shipping to France without providing a post code.

So a shade under 46€ if you go with the standard edition.

Kurufinwe 09-06-2006 05:40 AM

OK, thanks. :)

Erwin_Br 09-06-2006 06:52 AM

Hmmm, since the game is not available for download, and I don't like paying a lot of extra surprise taxes (I'm in the Netherlands), maybe I can pick it up when I'm in California next week...

Hmmmm!

--Erwin

Lunatik 09-06-2006 02:01 PM

Cool! Let's celebrate! (and play of course!)

Spricee 09-06-2006 04:57 PM

Wahooo! Can't wait! People who've received it, tell us how good it is mkay?

GoT 09-06-2006 11:33 PM

can we find out whether its being released in Australia?? i would really love to play the full game :)

if anyone can help just drop me an email or a reply here or something.. cheers.

terra nostra 09-07-2006 12:55 AM

I bought it directly from their web page:http://store.himalayaforums.com/inde...ain_page=index
Why don't you do the same? The shopping cost for international orders is $8.00 and for the time they accept only Paypal

RLacey 09-07-2006 04:49 AM

Just be warned that at that price you're looking at a customs charge if you order to the UK (and possibly Europe, but I'm not familiar with the rules in other countries). It's certainly over the £15 threshold. And that's if you buy it in dollars...

I have precisely no idea why, but the game costs £10 more if you order it in Euros (the Euro price equates to about $45 rather than $30). That makes no sense whatsoever.

Lucien21 09-07-2006 05:17 AM

Thats an £18 threshold, but yes it's still over it.

$29.99 (plus $8 postage) is approx £20

If you are unlucky enough to get caught then you pay 3.5% duty (this will be waived as the duty is less than £7), 17.5% (£3.50) vat and the post office charge (I think it's about £4) bringing the cost of Al Emmo (29.99$) to about £27.50ish.

RLacey 09-07-2006 06:36 AM

Plus postage, of course.

Melanie68 09-07-2006 06:51 AM

Wouldn't that be the post office charge? ;)

RLacey 09-07-2006 07:04 AM

No. The Post Office charge is for them handling products that have been through customs, and is entirely independent of the postage costs charged by the store ;).

Of course, postage costs don't factor into the customs charge itself, so the product itself will still only cost ~£27.50, but if the postage costs $8.00 (as stated above) then the total cost of actually having the game arrive at a UK address (assuming that customs charges are levied, which one has to) is somewhere in the region of ~£31. Which works out at about $58, apparently.

And, of course, it wouldn't actually be delivered, because one would have to go to the sorting office to pay the customs fees and collect it.

Kurufinwe 09-07-2006 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLacey
No. The Post Office charge is for them handling products that have been through customs, and is entirely independent of the postage costs charged by the store ;).

Of course, postage costs don't factor into the customs charge itself, so the product itself will still only cost ~£27.50, but if the postage costs $8.00 (as stated above) then the total cost of actually having the game arrive at a UK address (assuming that customs charges are levied, which one has to) is somewhere in the region of ~£31. Which works out at about $58, apparently.

And, of course, it wouldn't actually be delivered, because one would have to go to the sorting office to pay the customs fees and collect it.

In short: where's the download version? :P

RLacey 09-07-2006 07:11 AM

Indeed. I'm not sure that many people would happily hand over twice the amount of money just to get a CD and manual (or just the CD in a DVD case, in this case).

Of course, the site that I'm stealing currency conversion figures from claims that $29.99 only equates to about £16. So if the exchange rates stay that favourable customs charges might be avoidable.

Either way, anybody that agrees to pay the Euro price is exceedingly, excdeedingly foolish.

Melanie68 09-07-2006 07:14 AM

There are many who don't like downloadable versions of games (the legal ones of course) because you don't have a hard copy of the game. But it is such a great option for people who live in countries where games can be difficult to get as well as avoiding a lot of extra charges (although I think the VAT would still apply - it would still be cheaper).

:)