You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure 3rd 'Carol Reed' "TIME STAND STILL" Demo

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2006, 03:24 PM   #1

Default 3rd 'Carol Reed' "TIME STAND STILL" Demo

http://www.mdna-games.com/

Quote:
Time Stand Still is the third game in the Carol Reed series, following Remedy and Hope Springs Eternal.
Like its predecessors, it’s a first person point and click adventure game. All spoken dialogue is in English, and has full subtitles.The game is 100% mouse driven, and has a by pass feature for the more complicated puzzles. Just place the cursor in the upper right corner to reveal a hidden icon, click it, and get on with the story!

The game contains no violence or foul language. It has no action sequences or timed puzzles, and is suitable for ages 11 and up. Minimum requirements: Pentium 1000 or higher, 128 MB RAM, 8 MB video card, 800 MB free hard drive space, Win 98, but 2000 or XP is recommended. The game runs in auto-adjusting 1024 x 768 resolution.
It is now the third year that Carol, an English girl in her twenties, lives in Sweden. And finally, she has gotten her own apartment. This time, Carol stumbles upon a new case while browsing through a local newspaper. A seemingly haunted house leads her to a complicated chain of events, which go all the way back to World War II, involving a 60 year old unsolved murder, secret love, and characters long forgotten by history, but not by fate.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:17 PM   #2

Is there a walkthrough for the demo. I am just walking around and around but not finding anything. I did not have that problem in the first two demos.
Old 09-01-2006, 05:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceadventure
Is there a walkthrough for the demo. I am just walking around and around but not finding anything. I did not have that problem in the first two demos.
The demo isn't very difficult. There are two items to collect. I put the following between spoiler tags. So read it at own risk .
Spoiler:
There are two items. A coin (for the computer machine) and a ticket. You must have the ticket before you can get the coin. The ticket is in the first room of the museum. It's near the computer. There is a puzzle you must solve. It's memory.

When you have the ticket you can walk up the stairs and enter the next exibition room. Walk through the room and enjoy it. At the end, there's a coin on the ground. Take it, throw it in the computer machine in the first exibition room, and read the page on the screen. After that the demo will end.

Good luck.
Old 09-01-2006, 05:36 PM   #4

Thanks for the help I have finshed it now.