You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Adventure Game Sound..uh game

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2012, 08:28 AM   #1061
Filmfreak

And then it dawns upon me...

Apollo Justice - Ace Attorney!
Old 04-26-2012, 05:26 PM   #1062

Finally! I don't understand how your brained managed not to be forever scarred from having to watch that video 22 billion times.

(The second track was the cross-examination theme.)

Your turn.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 04-27-2012, 02:33 AM   #1063
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurufinwe View Post
Finally! I don't understand how your brained managed not to be forever scarred from having to watch that video 22 billion times.
It threw me off by sounding like something I'd played in the last year, instead of three years ago...

And my brain doesn't get scarred. Apathy FTW!

Give me until this evening for a new sound clip.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:57 AM   #1064
Filmfreak

New sound clip!
Old 04-30-2012, 10:06 AM   #1065
I changed my title

I have no idea. Can we have a hint?
Old 04-30-2012, 10:37 AM   #1066
Filmfreak

Not a hint, but an audio sample of the same game:

Clip 2.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:14 AM   #1067

It took a while but it finally struck me: the game is The Abbey (or Murder In The Abbey).

The music from the first sound clip is played in the kitchen, while the second one is played in the hospital.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:53 AM   #1068
Filmfreak

Right you are!

The first clip sounds so unlike the rest in that game, that I just *had* to use it...
Old 05-05-2012, 04:15 PM   #1069

I just forgot it was supposed to be my turn and when I remembered I couldn't figure out what music to post... Then I saw that game case in my collection and I thought "Why not?".

Here it is: the game title will suffice, no need to add the event/location in which this sound clip is played.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:26 AM   #1070
Filmfreak

I like the song, but don't recognise it. Probably never played that game...
Old 05-06-2012, 04:31 AM   #1071
I changed my title

Just a wild guess - Atlantis 3?
Old 05-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #1072
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

I finally got a chance to listen to ollie's clip. It's used in several games, including Quantum Gate and The Watchmaker (these are the only two I can think of at the moment).
Old 05-08-2012, 11:14 AM   #1073

Well done, Trunkyo! It is indeed from The Watchmaker and actually I wasn't aware that this music has been used in more than one game.

Your turn.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #1074
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

Thanks, ollie. Here's the new clip, hopefully it's not too hard.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:53 PM   #1075

That might sound like something form Machinarium. The style is similar.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 05-09-2012, 05:25 AM   #1076
Beamin' Demon

No, not Machinarium, but I do hear the similarities to the music from that game. It's mainly the ethereal, dreamy, moody quality of the music from this game that made me choose this clip. (The other games in this series also have a similar style of music.)
Old 05-12-2012, 06:06 AM   #1077
I changed my title

May we have a hint?
Old 05-12-2012, 01:13 PM   #1078

Based on the existing hint (that it's part of a series with at least 2 other games), I'll guess one of the Atlantis games.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:01 PM   #1079
Beamin' Demon

Not from an Atlantis game either. (Oops, I guess it was harder than I expected. I thought the more identifiable main theme from the series would be too easy, so I didn't post a clip of it! ) Since it's doubtful anyone will figure out the game from other music besides the main theme, here it is.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:55 AM   #1080

It sounds nice but I'm quite sure i've never played it. Also, I don't why, but it screams 1st person. Could it be Dark Fall?

The Biggest Adventure of the Past, Present and Future!