You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Adventure Game Sound..uh game

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #1041

Something from Myst Uru? Filename: Uru.mp3.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #1042

Sorry, Mr. Commodore, but you fell for the oldest trick in the book I've randomly named the file "Uru" because the female vocals reminded me of that game

So, nope, not Uru.

The Biggest Adventure of the Past, Present and Future!
Old 04-17-2012, 02:27 PM   #1043
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore View Post
Something from Myst Uru? Filename: Uru.mp3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diego View Post
Sorry, Mr. Commodore, but you fell for the oldest trick in the book I've randomly named the file "Uru" because the female vocals reminded me of that game

So, nope, not Uru.
Works nearly every time...
Old 04-17-2012, 04:01 PM   #1044

You got me Diego, well played.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:52 PM   #1045

But now i feel obliged to give some hints: First, here're two more themes from the same game, in the form of a mini-medley (first one is at 0:00, second at 0:44)

And some tangible hints: It's part of a series. It's not the first, and it's not the second game in it.

Old 04-17-2012, 05:24 PM   #1046
Senior Automaton

Journeyman Project 3?
Old 04-17-2012, 05:26 PM   #1047

Hehe, they're similar, aren't they?

Nope. (it's not even the third in the series )

Old 04-18-2012, 12:45 PM   #1048

And another piece of music from the same game. It's not even the fourth in the series.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:08 PM   #1049
Senior Automaton

I'm going to guess Simon 5.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:01 AM   #1050

I can't believe this. I don't make a guess because I have a 10-billion-hour flight ahead of me, and when I finally arrive at my destination, it still hasn't been guessed!

Seriously, what do you people have against Quest for Glory? No one ever seems to guess those. It's one of the best series in the history of gaming. And it has some fantastic music.

Anyway, this is all from QfG5. The first one was the dryads, the second is underwater swimming + fighting the hydra, and the finally the afternoon theme.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 04-19-2012, 05:21 AM   #1051

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurufinwe View Post
Anyway, this is all from QfG5. The first one was the dryads, the second is underwater swimming + fighting the hydra, and the finally the afternoon theme.
Dang. I was about to guess this but never got around to. Oh, well.

Quote:
Seriously, what do you people have against Quest for Glory?
The RPG elements, of course. Tedious, boring grinding. At least in the first two games, which are the only ones I've played. I'm sure there's some good gaming in there somewhere (after all, I got through the first instalment), it's just very diluted.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:42 AM   #1052

Aaaand Kurufinwe got! If i had told you it's RPG/Adventure it would probably be much easier, but i figured someone will still recognize this nice soundtrack.

Actually, Dragon Fire is the only QfG i've played (apart from portion of QfG1) and i loved it even though i didn't manage to finish it back then. I remember two things - great ambience/music, and the funny name of Kokeeno Pookameeso

Old 04-21-2012, 05:20 AM   #1053

All right, who's the idiot stalling the thread this time?! Oh wait...

I don't have my music collection with me, so here's an easy one (if you've played the game). Warning: listening to this track may cause irreversible damage to your brain. FILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by harald View Post
The RPG elements, of course. Tedious, boring grinding.
Obviously, if you don't like RPGs, then QfG is not for you. But the grinding is only in the first game (and, to a much lesser extent, in the second one). You have to do a lot of grinding if you want to raise your stats to the max, but that's absolutely not necessary to completely finish the games (except, once again, for QfG1).
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 04-21-2012, 05:37 AM   #1054
Senior Automaton

Quote:
But the grinding is only in the first game (and, to a much lesser extent, in the second one).
In QfG3 I had to climb the wooden balancing pole and throw spears at a target to build strength over and over, day after day, so Uhura could tell me I was strong enough to fight her.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:45 AM   #1055
Filmfreak

Quote:
I don't have my music collection with me, so here's an easy one (if you've played the game). Warning: listening to this track may cause irreversible damage to your brain. FILE
That's definitely from a DS game I've played in the last year.

Last Window: The Secret of Cape West ?
Old 04-21-2012, 05:46 AM   #1056

Nope.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:08 AM   #1057
Filmfreak

Then my second guess is 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors.

Why am I so bad at remembering game music???
Old 04-21-2012, 08:34 AM   #1058

Still not it. It's a sequence that plays over and over (and over, and over...) again in the game, so you're not allowed to forget it.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:13 AM   #1059

DS games are all Greek to me, but i'll make an educated guess - Ghost Trick?

Old 04-25-2012, 07:13 AM   #1060

1) Shame on you for not playing DS games (not that I'm confirming that it's a DS game, of course ).

2) Wrong guess.

3) New track!