You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Two finished adventure games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2004, 09:19 PM   #1

Default Two finished adventure games.

My dear fellow adventure gamers! I have just finished two great adventure games. They are Runaway: A Road Adventure, and Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon. Both games were absolutely entertaining and fun to play.

Broken Sword 3 had a complex plot, that you have to pay close attention to, but it was great to see George and Nico, again. You get to visit some nostalgic areas from the first Broken Sword game, and you also get to see a few familar faces, too. The only problems that I had with the game was that there were a few levels in the game where you had to do complete stealth in the game, and if you got spotted, you would get killed, instantly. In my opinion, this was completely out of place in an adventure game, and should have not been put in it. Also, I know that a lot of adventure gamers hated the block puzzles in the game, but I found most of them to be very logical. I'm not going to spoil the puzzle solutions, but there were a few block puzzles that really made me think on how I was supposed to do them. But, these two problems hardly hurt the game, and I urge anyone who hasn't played the game to go buy the game right now.

Runaway: A road Adventure was just as good as Broken Sword 3, and the main hero, Brian Basco was a very charming and likable person. The lead love interest, however really makes you think on whether you can trust her or not. She's one of them Femme Fatale people. The plot was good, and the graphics were a clever mix of 2D and 3D that melded together absolutely seamlessly. Almost all of the puzzles were completely logical, and they tied into the story, though there may be one or two puzzles that may give you a hard time. I confess I used a walkthrough quite a lot in this game, even more than I did on Broken Sword 3, but I tend to use walkthroughs a lot when I play adventure games, so that's not a problem. Plus, the game had a very good ending, albeit pretty long, also.

I hope you're not thinking that I'm praising these two games heavily, right now. But, honest to god, I really enjoyed these two games very much. Please, if you haven't played these two games yet, go buy them immediately, and play them as soon as you get them. I really think you'll enjoy both of them. Next up on my games list is Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb, The Black Mirror, and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, which will be my 3rd time playing it.
Old 01-11-2004, 11:07 PM   #2

I'm glad you liked them.
Personally, I had mixed feelings about Runaway, although as a whole, it was pretty good and enjoyable.
I agree with you on Broken Sword 3, though.
Old 01-12-2004, 11:15 AM   #3

I'm still playing Runaway and enjoying it very much (except for the bugs), very classic and funny adventure.
As for Broken Sword 3, I think it has excelent production values (graphics, musical score) but it's too short and easy. I agree with you in the stealth part- doesn't belong there.
One more thing- do you like Splinter Cell? I have it on PS2 and dislike it, it's annoying and boring. And in a game that is all about reality, the only thing we can pick up is cans and ammo? Not even move a crate...
Old 01-12-2004, 12:07 PM   #4
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune

Since Runaway is from my country my national pride forces me to defend all Spanish games...
And when The Westerner is out and everbody complains about the bugs or the game I will still say it rules....
BTW, there is nothing wrong with stealth... in SMALL amounts... BG&E had stealh section but they never too hard... And you could fight sometimes, but in Broken Sword 3, you can't fight and you're dead meat when they spot you...
Old 01-12-2004, 02:14 PM   #5
AKA Morte

Send a message via MSN to Garyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanukitsune
Since Runaway is from my country my national pride forces me to defend all Spanish games...
Same here, just that it's easier to defend Funcom.
Old 01-12-2004, 08:49 PM   #6

I'm responding to two replies on this thread, by Tanukitsune, and Wilco.

Tanukitsune, I suppose you're right, about there's nothing wrong with Stealth in adventure games, but these stealth scenes were very frustrating in my opinion, and I think the developers should have just left them out of the game . But you're entitled to your own opinion, and I won't argue with that.

Wilco, I loved Splinter Cell the first two times I played the game . I thought the plot twists were unexpected, and they compelled me to continue playing the game. I also loved the gadgets that you get to use in the game, too. The only thing that was frustrating about the game were the levels where you couldn't kill anyone, and not letting any alarms sound. This led to some real trial-and-error to it. But, it definitely paid off for me when I copmpleted the levels. This is why I want to play the game againI. 'm surprised that you found it to be annoying and boring. Is it not the type of game you like to play?. I've said it before, but I'll say it again: IT WAS WICKEDLY COOL!
Old 01-12-2004, 09:42 PM   #7
guybrush_guy

i thought the stealth in the game was ok, it could of been replaced with somthing diffrent. i'm still a firm beleaver in the old school point and click thoe.

Old 01-15-2004, 09:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack
I hope you're not thinking that I'm praising these two games heavily, right now. But, honest to god, I really enjoyed these two games very much. Please, if you haven't played these two games yet, go buy them immediately, and play them as soon as you get them. I really think you'll enjoy both of them. Next up on my games list is Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb, The Black Mirror, and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, which will be my 3rd time playing it.
It's good if you can voice your opinion regardless w/o worrying what other think about your opinion.

I enjoyed those two games. Broken sword 3 is a good direction for the next generation of adventure games. Runaway maintains the traditional gameplay while keeping up with the current technology.

Those two high quality games make last year a good year for adventure games.
Old 01-16-2004, 03:37 AM   #9
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune

Quote:
I'm responding to two replies on this thread, by Tanukitsune, and Wilco.

Tanukitsune, I suppose you're right, about there's nothing wrong with Stealth in adventure games, but these stealth scenes were very frustrating in my opinion, and I think the developers should have just left them out of the game . But you're entitled to your own opinion, and I won't argue with that.
That's what I was trying to say, Broken Swords III stealth scenes were way too hard compared to other stealth scenes in other games... And in other games you could always sneak up to a guard and knock him out...
Thats what makes BS3 extra frustrating....
Old 01-19-2004, 02:48 PM   #10

Quote:
up on my games list is Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb, The Black Mirror, and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, which will be my 3rd time playing it.
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb, or the PC version atleast, has lots of frustrating parts.