You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Nobody interested by The Sacred Rings? :\

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2006, 01:37 AM   #1

Default Nobody interested by The Sacred Rings? :\

Topic.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:46 AM   #2
Lazy Bee

I'm going to buy it since I played Aura and enjoyed it at the time, mostly for the (most of the time) easy puzzles and the music. Today I prefer more story to the games I play, but I'm interested in getting it anyway.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:58 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena
I'm going to buy it since I played Aura and enjoyed it at the time, mostly for the (most of the time) easy puzzles and the music. Today I prefer more story to the games I play, but I'm interested in getting it anyway.
I still need to play the first one (so please no spoilers by the way . I tried the demo and from what I see, I could really get unto that game. Unlike Myst-likes.

Too bad the game has been pushed back. But honestly this game isn't getting any attention, don't you think?
Old 08-04-2006, 03:29 AM   #4
Bad command or file name

I know I am really looking forward to this one. Even though this is an adventure forum, most people here aren’t particularly drawn towards Aura/SR's myst-esq gameplay. Personally, I enjoy all different types of adventures and have a fun time with Aura. I was browsing the SR developer's diary on the official site and it looks like they are trying change the focus a little bit from Aura. There is supposed to be more emphasis on plot/characters this sequel which can only be a good thing since plot/characters were definitely Aura’s main weak point for me. Umag was about as boring of an adventure protagonist as I can think of and that paper think plot never made sense to me. Even still, I thought that most of Aura's puzzles were smart and enjoyable so I'm sure SR will be fun for us puzzle people. As for the game not getting much attention, we still a little bit to go before the official release date so I'm hoping that momentum will pick up as time goes on.

...bysmitty
-sober up
-watch simpsons at 6pm
-UPDATE MY WEBSITE!!!
Old 08-04-2006, 06:16 AM   #5
Ronin

I liked Aura for what it was. It was not remotely inventive or deep, but it looked nice and provided a pleasant, puzzling experience. I think the sequel will be about the same, so I'll buy it. I wouldn't say I'm enthusiastic about it, but I am looking forward to it. When's the release date?
Old 08-04-2006, 08:43 AM   #6
Hopeful skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arma
But honestly this game isn't getting any attention, don't you think?
Your wish is our command. (Okay, not really, but your timing is impeccable. )

News

Developer Diary
Old 08-04-2006, 11:47 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapstorm
When's the release date?
10/13/06, it was supposed at first to come out in sĂŞptember but it got pushed back
Old 08-04-2006, 06:36 PM   #8
Easily amused

I'm looking forward to it .
Old 08-05-2006, 04:41 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapstorm
I liked Aura for what it was. It was not remotely inventive or deep, but it looked nice and provided a pleasant, puzzling experience. I think the sequel will be about the same, so I'll buy it. I wouldn't say I'm enthusiastic about it, but I am looking forward to it. When's the release date?
Same.

The story was awful, but what can I say, I like pretty games with a smooth gameplay. So I'll buy Aura 2 as soon as it's out.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:40 PM   #10
It's just me

This one is a sure buy to me. I think the screenshots look amazing, especially that swamp area. I love that kind of environment.