Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Simon 4 (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/16096-simon-4-a.html)

Trumgottist 07-27-2006 09:51 AM

Simon 4

It looks to be the best looking Simon yet. (Not that that means that much, but still.) Two screens here: http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=35791 I'd even say it looks decent compared to anything.

The Wanderer 07-27-2006 10:13 AM

Those screen shots look AMAZING!!

Can't wait for the game to come out!

FANTASTIC!!!!

Dasilva 07-27-2006 10:19 AM

WOW! That does look amazing. It looks just as rich as Simon 1 & 2.

Gonchi 07-27-2006 10:30 AM

Silver Style's developing Simon 4? Aren't they busy still patching The Fall?

The screens do look amazing though.

The Seed 07-27-2006 10:52 AM

If those shots are an accurate representation of what the final game will look like then I have to say it's looking very impressive. I'm loving the art style, it's like they've taken a realistic look and just kind twisted it slightly so it's somewhere in between real and cartoon.

I must admit I was having my doubts about whether this game actually existed beyond some scribbles on a piece of paper (or even a napkin maybe) but this is very encouraging. I hope we get more info soon.

Hammerite 07-27-2006 11:01 AM

OMG!
IT LOOK TEH THREEDEE OMG!

only joking, them looks cool them.

Kolzig 07-27-2006 12:39 PM

Those look quite interesting.

At least million times better than S3D. ;)
Lets hope that the story, gameplay and characters are on the same level or better.

TheGreyMatter 07-27-2006 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolzig
At least million times better than S3D. ;)

more like a billion. :9

anyway- it seems the images (at least the second one is pre-rendered).
tough even if the game will look half as good, it will be an achievment. and as it seems today there is no 3D adventure that can equal these screenshots.

Lee in Limbo 07-27-2006 02:12 PM

Actually, that looks quite good. Quite good indeed. Maybe a teensy bit plasticky (the slightly stagey lighting and crystal clarity; the textures look fine), but really nice and painterly. I think I'd like to give that a try when it's ready.

RLacey 07-27-2006 02:14 PM

Looks good so far, but I'll wait to see the character models before I proclaim greatness.

samIamsad 07-27-2006 03:11 PM

I'd prefer a third Elvira game (or something similar, oops still haven't played CoC) .. :frown:

jannar85 07-27-2006 03:45 PM

Screenshots what? I don't see any... Could anyone provide direct link to those? Seems that I have a problem with getting any pictures from that site, tried both Firefox and IE..

Gonchi 07-27-2006 05:36 PM

Might be your firewall.

CrimsonBlue 07-28-2006 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samIamsad
I'd prefer a third Elvira game (or something similar, oops still haven't played CoC) .. :frown:

Well, while it's not exactly Elvira, Waxworks was a good game too.

I'd love to see a realtime Elvira today, maybe even a remake of the first one, which was far better than the second one. The death-scenes could be animated too, instead of the still pictures from the original. And don't forget the same exact music, but upgraded.

The Oblivion engine would be great for an Elvira remake.

Litrick 07-28-2006 01:15 AM

It is interesting the way they have phrased it on the website. They make it sound as though it will be realtime 3d. Those screenshots however would need a computer much faster than anything available today to run those graphics in real time 3d smoothly. (at least until the next gen of graphics cards and direct x 10) So i wonder if the game is going to be pre-rendered backgrounds, with 3d characters?

jannar85 07-28-2006 01:38 AM

Yeah, it was my firewall. Thanks for reminding me ;)
Those are great... So great.

Toefur 07-28-2006 04:52 AM

This has the potential to be awesome.

AIAndy 07-28-2006 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Litrick
It is interesting the way they have phrased it on the website. They make it sound as though it will be realtime 3d. Those screenshots however would need a computer much faster than anything available today to run those graphics in real time 3d smoothly. (at least until the next gen of graphics cards and direct x 10) So i wonder if the game is going to be pre-rendered backgrounds, with 3d characters?

It looks to me like quite renderable with today's graphics cards. And given that it is scheduled for early 2007, they probably assume today's high end as standard.

The Knight 07-28-2006 10:25 AM

New screens available here: http://www.adventure-treff.de/kommentar.php?newsid=2679

Cold-Factor 07-28-2006 10:46 AM

This is definitely looking to be a fine addition to the Simon line of games. I hope this can serve to redeem the series after Simon 3D.