You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Classic Adventure Gaming Is Back! CHECK IT OUT!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2006, 11:23 AM   #21

Really looks great!

Sorry if I missed it, but when is the full version going to be released and in what form (ie. ordering by internet and/or boxed in stores)?

EDIT: Okay, I checked out the site and it seems you can order the full game, but is that a pre-order requiring a wait? I don't like pre-ordering, but I would prefer to order it when it's ready for immediate shipping.

Last edited by SirDave; 06-29-2006 at 11:33 AM.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:26 AM   #22
Wanderer

Oh my god, Eriq, your computer station gives me chills! Is that...is that a cintiq tablet I see you have there? I oh, so want one of those! I'm all flustered and jealous now...

Also, I wanted to say how impressed I am with your work. Puts a smile on my face each time I take a gander at the website. Nice jobs.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:47 AM   #23
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightShift
Oh my god, Eriq, your computer station gives me chills! Is that...is that a cintiq tablet I see you have there? I oh, so want one of those! I'm all flustered and jealous now...

Also, I wanted to say how impressed I am with your work. Puts a smile on my face each time I take a gander at the website. Nice jobs.
Thank you! All the praise in this thread has made my horrible case of the scabies seem 100% better. Yes, it's true. I have mites all over my body. And yet I STILL managed to pull off launching the site on time. Needless to say, I am itchy, hungry, and not looking very good. LOL. It's true... you have to "suffer for the art" sometimes don't you?

Now on to your question... the monitor on my desk is, in fact, the ridiculously amazing Wacom Cintiq 21" tablet monitor. Without it, I don't know if I could have pulled off painting the box cover in the time I did. I am not a very good "traditional" painter so having the benefits of digital technology at my hands is a real bonus - especially when it's something as cool as drawing right on the screen. How much more natural can you get? The secret to the monitor is to configure the side tabs and "quick buttons" to mimic your workflow. I use Painter and Photoshop. It's really changed the way I work. I'm impressed you noticed!
Old 06-29-2006, 11:48 AM   #24
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Eriq, you are one gifted artist. I salute you man.
The cover art and the website look absolutely fabulous.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:50 AM   #25
gaybrush threepwoody

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
Hi Grudge. Welcome to the forum.

(Are you a friend of Eriq's? I see the San Francisco under your name... )
(making strange grudge noise from film). LOL. Craig is a "Grudge" film fanatic. And he likes mochi treats to boot.

Everyone say hello to my friend Craig. Without his help, I would never have completed my work. He cooked for me, he cleaned for me, and then some. He spent endless nights battling with me over what colours to use, which button went where, and what sounds to sync with the backgrounds on the site. Nobody has ever challenged me quite like he has. I feel truly blessed to have him as a friend.

Last edited by eriq; 06-29-2006 at 12:08 PM.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:54 AM   #26

awh......thanks eriq! i feel truly blessed to have you as a friend too! and even more blessed that i didn't get scabbies (yet)!
Old 06-29-2006, 12:17 PM   #27
Explorer

Just beautiful, Eriq, as expected. I love how rich, classic, textured and slick the whole thing is. I never had any doubt that it would be anything other than absolutely fabulous! You've created a wonderful, complete look for the game, from the website to the game box and CD art and everything else in between. Well, I could say nice things about Eriq all day but life has to go on
Old 06-29-2006, 01:12 PM   #28
Homer of Kittens

Wow what a wonderful looking site Eriq. Excellent job!!! you are one talented artist.

Just one really minor comment. When you go to the purchase tab, the default selection is the collector's edition, which is 60 dollars (the most expensive). From a marketting standpoint, if a user clicks the purchase button, psychologically he will be discoraged when he sees such a high price. I remmond putting the 29.99 price of the regular game as the default, and the 59.99 collector's edition as an option to choose, or if you can, put both 29.99 and 59.99 on the same page, with the 29.99 showing on top. That way, it is easier for a potential customer to swallow the lower price

Firefox rules
Old 06-29-2006, 01:23 PM   #29
gaybrush threepwoody

Jake brought that same thing up and we've received several emails about it being confusing. I am changing it as we speak.

And thank you too for the compliments. I've heard the loop on the site so many times it's still playing in my head when I leave the house. It's good to know people are actually looking at it.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:41 PM   #30
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDave
EDIT: Okay, I checked out the site and it seems you can order the full game, but is that a pre-order requiring a wait? I don't like pre-ordering, but I would prefer to order it when it's ready for immediate shipping.
The full version isn't quite ready yet, but a release date hasn't been announced. You don't have to preorder... you can just wait a month or so until it comes out.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:47 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
The full version isn't quite ready yet, but a release date hasn't been announced. You don't have to preorder... you can just wait a month or so until it comes out.
Thanks Fov!

It was a little confusing on the site- if you select purchase, part of the page refers to 'pre-order' while at the bottom of the page, it gives a product number & says: Inventory: In-stock.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:19 PM   #32
Super Moderator

It's a great site! I love the YEEEHAW! at the beginning and when you scroll your mouse over the download demo button it says 'WOOO HOOO Demo.'

Hee, hee, hee - Antonio Bandana - hee, hee, hee....
Old 06-29-2006, 05:28 PM   #33
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra
Great art! I'm a total sucker for those old school illustrations. Hope the game matches its quality.
I have the same hopes, the site & extras look very flashy but we'll wait for the whole game before we judge the game. And it really looks impressive!

Eriq, I love that wallpaper!

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives

Last edited by Dasilva; 06-29-2006 at 05:40 PM.
Old 06-30-2006, 05:32 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
From a marketting standpoint, if a user clicks the purchase button, psychologically he will be discoraged when he sees such a high price. I remmond putting the 29.99 price of the regular game as the default, and the 59.99 collector's edition as an option to choose, or if you can, put both 29.99 and 59.99 on the same page, with the 29.99 showing on top. That way, it is easier for a potential customer to swallow the lower price
Hmmm, I don't think this is marketing trick is as valid as it once was. It's been used for so long that it's no longer affecting the buyer in any way. I would go for 30 instead of 29.99 these days, as the price would stand out, and sound more honest.
Old 06-30-2006, 07:15 AM   #35
ben

Wow! Eriq! This is real nice! Must have been great fun to work on something like this. Great illustration! Nice site! There is absolutely no doubt I will check out this game. The music really chilled me out.

Btw, I'm real envious of your Wacom screen... :p
Old 06-30-2006, 07:59 AM   #36
recovering AG addict

mp3 downloads do not seem to work....

Jaap

Max: Right! We'll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That's spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...
Old 06-30-2006, 01:26 PM   #37
gaybrush threepwoody

They seem to be working for me. I'll double check the coding.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:45 PM   #38

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

None of the media kit stuff works at all.
Old 06-30-2006, 03:57 PM   #39
gaybrush threepwoody

we're aware of the media kit. Everything will be pushed in the next update this evening.
Old 06-30-2006, 05:34 PM   #40
It's Hard To Be Humble

Very nice work. You really managed to capture the flavour of the classics while really making it stand out by modern prerender standards. And the cover truly does have the classic touch. Congratulations on a job well done.