Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Was there ever a sequel to Eric the Unready? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/15541-there-ever-sequel-eric-unready.html)

beatchef 06-20-2006 07:41 PM

Was there ever a sequel to Eric the Unready?

I've just finished Eric the Unready. The ending is entirely text based and is a bit lacklustre... it then says 'thus ends part I of Eric the Unready' then dumps you back to the C:\ prompt.

Is there a sequel?

AFGNCAAP 06-20-2006 07:53 PM

Sadly, no. But you should definitely look into other Legend Entertainment games if you liked it. :)

beatchef 06-20-2006 07:57 PM

Thanks for the quick reply

I don't know whether I want to if they're all going to have such rubbish endings after all that effort (regardless of the journey being more important than the end)

AFGNCAAP 06-20-2006 08:05 PM

Well, I thought both Death Gate and Shannara had satisfying, great endings. But I can't really compare them to Eric, which I haven't played. They were certainly largely text-based, but not lacklustre, ie. their respective stories certainly had closure.

Fien 06-20-2006 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beatchef
I don't know whether I want to if they're all going to have such rubbish endings after all that effort (regardless of the journey being more important than the end)

Callahan's Crosstime Saloon! You've got to play it. Read fov's review. It's not a text adventure.

Captain Blondebeard 06-21-2006 08:42 AM

A legend classic. Sadly no sequal.

beatchef 06-21-2006 09:04 AM

After trying

MOUNT FARMER'S DAUGHTER
MAKE LOVE TO LILY
EAT VIRGIN
SCREW GODDESS OF BEAUTY

you'd think that poor Eric would get lucky with the Princess at the end ;)

The thing that stops it being a classic for me is that there's proper cutscenes at certain points during the game, but the ending is a screen of text, like they ran out of time. The whole mount olympus and black gate sections seemed like they were made in under a week, bad puzzles and unforgiving 'forget this and you'll have to hope you've got a savegame from when you forgot to pick it up' moments.

Robert Cath 06-21-2006 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beatchef
After trying

MOUNT FARMER'S DAUGHTER
MAKE LOVE TO LILY
EAT VIRGIN
SCREW GODDESS OF BEAUTY

you'd think that poor Eric would get lucky with the Princess at the end ;)

Really. Talk about frustration.

I felt betrayed. :(

Rulzern 06-21-2006 07:42 PM

I've always been a huge fan of Homeworld.

#1 though, #2 didn't appeal to me quite as much (also, the use of the time-based puzzles SO FRIGGIN MUCH annoyed me).

It has the same (excellent) interface, and is a very compelling and immersive story. In my opinion, it's even better than Eric the Unready.

AFGNCAAP 06-22-2006 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rulzern
I've always been a huge fan of Homeworld.

#1 though, #2 didn't appeal to me quite as much (also, the use of the time-based puzzles SO FRIGGIN MUCH annoyed me).

It has the same (excellent) interface, and is a very compelling and immersive story. In my opinion, it's even better than Eric the Unready.

I think you mean Gateway. "Homeworld" is just a subtitle of Gateway 2 (and also an unrelated space strategy series from Relic Entertainment). :)