You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Any, only, puzzle games on a console ?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2006, 03:31 PM   #1
Banned User

Default Any, only, puzzle games on a console ?

I want to play a game that is only puzzle, for the Xbox, GBA, GameCube, or Dreamcast. I own Syberia (xbox), Still life (xbox), Stupid invaders (DreamCast), Nancy Drew (GBA). I just got Myst 3 (Xbox), and am getting Myst 4 (xbox) soon. Does anyone know any other games that are ONLY puzzle games and that are made for these systems ? I wanted to buy Longest Journey, but heard it was wasn't 100% puzzle. That they had some fighting scenes in it. I don't want to get it cause I'm scared I may not win those fighting scenes.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:50 PM   #2
Slim Shady

Broken sword 3,Monkey Island 4,Glass Rose,Shadow of Destiny
Old 06-12-2006, 03:58 PM   #3
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Quote:
Originally Posted by nl4m
I want to play a game that is only puzzle, for the Xbox, GBA, GameCube, or Dreamcast. I own Syberia (xbox), Still life (xbox), Stupid invaders (DreamCast), Nancy Drew (GBA). I just got Myst 3 (Xbox), and am getting Myst 4 (xbox) soon. Does anyone know any other games that are ONLY puzzle games and that are made for these systems ? I wanted to buy Longest Journey, but heard it was wasn't 100% puzzle. That they had some fighting scenes in it. I don't want to get it cause I'm scared I may not win those fighting scenes.
I think you mean Dreamfall, and most of the fights can be avoided by using your brain.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 06-12-2006, 04:13 PM   #4
Slim Shady

But not all of them
Old 06-12-2006, 05:38 PM   #5
Mad Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snake
Broken sword 3,Monkey Island 4,Glass Rose,Shadow of Destiny
I don't think any of those are available on the systems he mentioned.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:58 PM   #6
More slaw!!!

Man, Nancy Drew is on the GBA?
Old 06-12-2006, 08:29 PM   #7
Banned User

Solid. Thanks alot but the only game that was on a console was Shadow of Destiny. I read the review. I hope I wont have to get the PS2 just to play it !!! He has to stop his own murder ? WOW !!! That's great. And I have Broken Sword 3. I even have Broken Sword 1 for the GBA.

Nancy Drew isn't on the GBA. Just one game. "The Haunted Mansion". There was only one copy of it in every game store in Manhattan.

In Dreamfall, is the fighting hard ?
Old 06-12-2006, 11:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nl4m
[...]
In Dreamfall, is the fighting hard ?
No, it`s quite easy. I played it with keyboard on PC, and I imagine it to be even easier on console.

The fight sequences is very bad executed, though. But that really doesn`t matter, since the story and dialogue is great.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:49 PM   #9
Slim Shady

Here is a piece of advice buy Ps2 not just for the games I mentioned but also for the games like metal gear solid 3, god of war,devil may cry,ico,shadow of colossus and so on these are all great games and you can't find them on any other console also I can recommend various games for the consoles you own if you like
Old 06-13-2006, 12:38 AM   #10

I know this is not one of the consoles that the OP mentioned, but there are two vampire adventure games for the Playstation (the names escape me at the moment). I remember finding them used for <$10 at EBgames.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:13 AM   #11
Banned User

Quote:
Here is a piece of advice buy Ps2 not just for the games I mentioned but also for the games like metal gear solid 3, god of war,devil may cry,ico,shadow of colossus and so on these are all great games and you can't find them on any other console also I can recommend various games for the consoles you own if you like
I'm only into Click and Point games. They are the only games I can beat and the only games I buy. Metal Gear can be found on the Gamecube as well as Xbox. But I'm not into stealth games. Devil May cry is tooo hard, all games made by Capcom are HARD. Ico, people said it's too short. I got the xbox a few months after the offical release. I spent over 50 dollars on a game called "NightCaster". And I never made it passed the first level. And be sides, I'm not spending more money on this generation when the next one is almost here.

As for Dreamfall, what's the hardest part ? Any stealth ?
Old 06-13-2006, 01:48 AM   #12
Slim Shady

If so buy a PC. What are you doing with the consoles anyway then. People buy consoles to play action and sport games mostly Not adventures and such. Don't you know that
Old 06-13-2006, 02:03 AM   #13
Banned User

Quote:
If so buy a PC. What are you doing with the consoles anyway then. People buy consoles to play action and sport games mostly Not adventures and such. Don't you know that
I have a PC. It's just the Hard Drive on it is low. So I don't play games on it. I like to sit on my bad and play And if one virus hit my P.C... I'd lose the whole, saved game.

Dreamfall has stealth ?
"There are stealthlike elements in the game as well, such as when you have to dodge security robots in a hallway. Don't worry, though, because if you're having nightmares of Splinter Cell-like difficulty, the stealth-action sequences in Dreamfall won't be anywhere near as difficult, and you'll be given plenty of places to hide when a robot gets too close."

Is it hard ?
Old 06-13-2006, 02:06 AM   #14
Slim Shady

It's not hard at all but for you it might be (oh and I recommend you to use an anti virus program)
Old 06-13-2006, 02:33 AM   #15
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

The Fights & stealth in Dreamfall are very easy, and like I said only about 5 or so fights are actually compulsary, otherwise you use puzzles to avoid fighting. Its definatly worth getting on Xbox!

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 06-13-2006, 05:04 AM   #16

For the game Nightcaster there is a invincibility code here. It's only for 5 minutes, but you can keep repeating it as often as you like. I say if you pay a lot of money for a game you should be able to get your money's worth.
Cathy

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/code/472135.html
Old 06-13-2006, 01:19 PM   #17

Does Lumines count?
Old 06-13-2006, 02:18 PM   #18
Banned User

Quote:
It's not hard at all but for you it might be (oh and I recommend you to use an anti virus program)
If only the puzzles are hard then I can use a walkthrough and it will be easy, right ? If not. Than what is the hardest part ? But keep in mind. I won Shenmue 1 and 2, I'm about to win Oddworld 1, I've won the first Mario, I also won Sonic for Dreamcast. I've won Zelda: OOT, MM, WW, and am up to the last temple in one of the hardest Zelda's on GBA, Orcal of Seasons. I'm also up to Bowser in Mario land 4. I haven't won everything. But I got to Boswer, but can't win him I'm also about to win Broken Sword 3.

As for the Virus. For got it. I have 5 different "protections", and not one is protecting. I have 5 for spy ware and 5 for virus ware. Not one works. When ever I log on to my Computer, a new setting has been chaged. You know how when you click on a folder and the word "OPEN" is highlighted in bold letters ? That's been changed in my computer. Now I have the word "Search" is bold letters. So when ever I try to open a file, the search window opens.

Wow. Thank you soooo much Cathy !!!!! I complately forgot about GameFAQs.com !! THANKS A MILLION !!!!!!

Dasilva Thanks for your imput too. If the stealth is nothing harder than the stealth in Broken Sword 3. I think I can win it.
Old 06-13-2006, 02:42 PM   #19

Fish Files is a point and click adventure for GBC which can also be used on a GameBoy Advance. Have fun finding it though.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:11 PM   #20
Adventure Lover

Send a message via AIM to Boneho Chane

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianWerner
Does Lumines count?
That reminds of this super rare, extremely hard to find, never-heard-of game, said to be found in the deepest depths of unknown world and only playable on a rare, never released console. It's called Tetris.