You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Favorite easter egg in adventure game

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2007, 01:27 PM   #61
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiocfaidh View Post
What happens ?

Could somebody clarify this ?
He looks directly at you, waves his hands and basically asks if you are just selecting files at random. (Been a while can't remember more specifically than that.)

There are a few more Easter Eggs in this game.

Pretty much anywhere. Spin the view around a few times. You'll get dizzy Jim.

Santini House. Right after Mrs Santini has left hold Shift and Click on the door. She seems a lot more excitable all of a sudden.

LA Hotel Room. Use the phone but, instead of selecting a number, click on Jim himself.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 06-06-2007, 07:20 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post
He looks directly at you, waves his hands and basically asks if you are just selecting files at random. (Been a while can't remember more specifically than that.)
Thanks
Old 06-06-2007, 10:54 AM   #63

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

Resident Evil is not an adventure game, but this was really original:

Innapropiate Touching
Old 06-06-2007, 12:05 PM   #64

In CMI, where you look through the crack and Guybrush's head pops up in the forest area of Melee Island in SMI.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:42 PM   #65

King's Quest: MOE had some great ones, such as in the Frozen Reaches where the dildo from Leisure Suit Larry 7 makes an appearance and Connor has a very suggestive exchange with the ice queen. Also, if you take the crystal scepter back to the Dimension of Death and click it on the Sylph, Connor says some amusing things.

I don't know if they qualify as easter eggs, but I found some of the references in Scratches to other adventure games to be very clever, like a comment about pushing crates, when you look into the furnace there's a reference to Gabriel Knight 2, and when you look at one of the posters in the basement it returns Hello, Sailor! (which goes all the way back to Zork, if you type in Ulysses.)

I seem to remember one from Phantasmagoria, where you click on the toilet repeatedly and then next thing you know, you're outside the closed bathroom door hearing someone inside having a gastrointestinal meltdown.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:46 PM   #66
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forums Kazmajik!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazmajik View Post
I don't know if they qualify as easter eggs, but I found some of the references in Scratches to other adventure games to be very clever, like a comment about pushing crates, when you look into the furnace there's a reference to Gabriel Knight 2, and when you look at one of the posters in the basement it returns Hello, Sailor! (which goes all the way back to Zork, if you type in Ulysses.)
Now I need to replay that to find those.

Cool avatar!
Old 06-06-2007, 01:55 PM   #67

Once, in Discworld, I tripped over one at the edge of the world. I THINK it was an easter egg...

Spoiler:
Instead of going to the island, a cutscene was triggered where Rincewind was attacked by some critter and scooped up out of danger by The Lady (his sort-of patron goddess in the books), who hid him in her cleavage.

Rincewind: Where am I? And how do I get out of here?!...Wait. Scratch that. How do I never leave here ever again?

Then the other gods accused her of cheating, or something, I think... I haven't been able to reproduce it. Anyway, Rincewind was put back into play.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:18 AM   #68

Near the ending of LSL3 has always been one of my favorite easter-eggs. (If it can infact be called an easter egg).

When Larry and Patti falls down onto the set of shooting scenes from Police Quest and when moving further they get to the set where they're shooting the "Rosella-crawls-on-the-whale-tongue-scene" from KQ4. Moving even further in, they get to a prop-room, containing bits and pieces from almost every Sierra-game from back then.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:33 PM   #69
QFG

I'm not sure those are technically eggs, since they are impossible to avoid ... but for the Sierra fan, they were some GREAT in-jokes. Especially the Rosella part
Old 08-22-2007, 02:23 PM   #70
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

In Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine, there was a portal that led to a full 3D version of the Barbary Coast Barber Shop from CMI. Indiana Jones even turned into Guybrush. My favorite by far.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:02 PM   #71
Adventure Lover

Send a message via AIM to Boneho Chane

Not really an easter egg either, but very easy to miss. In Broken Sword 1, (I know this is on the GBA, I don't remember if it was on the PC), if you left the sink in the basement running in Ireland, then George had an extra couple of lines of extra diologue when he retold the story to Nico. The diologue went something like:

George: "I couldn't sleep at all. The whole pub ending up flooding."
Nico: "Flooding?"
George: "Yeah, some moron left the running water in the basement."

I was cracking up because of course he was referring to me.

Also, the whole opening part of the game in France can be done completely out of order leading to lots and lots of alternate diologues. Some are really funny and some give a better insight to the story.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:50 AM   #72

I'm amazed nobody's named Phantasmagoria 2 (A Puzzle of Flesh), which has a HUGE number of Easter eggs. Not only that, but once you find one of them, it starts keeping score. I've done a few, but didn't want to spoil the atmosphere by going through all of them. One of these days I'll have to play it through again and do them all!

Here's a list of all of them.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:40 AM   #73
George Stobbart

Send a message via MSN to sultanbadza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Bennett View Post
The copy of Maniac Mansion that you can play on the computer in Weird Ed's room in Day of the Tentacle has got to be the best. Where else can you find an entire game hidden inside another?
You can find Monkey Island 2 in Monkey Island 3 (when you're trapped in catacombs and when you look through hole in a tree and He says something like: I think I've been here already)... (Nice Easter Egg)
Old 08-25-2007, 04:15 AM   #74
George Stobbart

Send a message via MSN to sultanbadza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneho Chane View Post
Not really an easter egg either, but very easy to miss. In Broken Sword 1, (I know this is on the GBA, I don't remember if it was on the PC), if you left the sink in the basement running in Ireland, then George had an extra couple of lines of extra diologue when he retold the story to Nico. The diologue went something like:

George: "I couldn't sleep at all. The whole pub ending up flooding."
Nico: "Flooding?"
George: "Yeah, some moron left the running water in the basement."

I was cracking up because of course he was referring to me.

Also, the whole opening part of the game in France can be done completely out of order leading to lots and lots of alternate diologues. Some are really funny and some give a better insight to the story.
I noticed that, too. And I played it on PC.

But, I like EE in The Curse of Monkey Island, when you play with lights in Theater, you may reckon Max's face (Max from Sam & Max games).
Old 01-10-2009, 01:29 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post

There are a few more Easter Eggs in this game.

Pretty much anywhere. Spin the view around a few times. You'll get dizzy Jim.

Santini House. Right after Mrs Santini has left hold Shift and Click on the door. She seems a lot more excitable all of a sudden.

LA Hotel Room. Use the phone but, instead of selecting a number, click on Jim himself.
I remember these :-) Played Black Dahlia few times. I like the game.
I also remember "flood" mention in BS1 and Sam´s face in TCOMI...
My favourite Easter Eggs are in The Last Express. Especially the one in August Schmidt´s compartment is memorable. Not many people know about it. I hope after my post on IMDb forum, MobyGames contribution and mention here in TLE thread more gamers will see it :-)