You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Favorite easter egg in adventure game

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2006, 07:10 AM   #41
Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaJ
I think I need an explanation to what an easter egg is. Some kind of surprise that turns up?
How do you know what games have easter eggs?
Tell me all about it!
An easter egg is something cute, cool or amusing hidden in a game by the developers which is not encountered in normal play and is not required to complete the game. Easter-Eggs mostly break the fourth wall. They are distinct from "cheats" as they do not normally confer a gameplay advantage.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:34 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snake
The alternative puzzle "solution" in Broken sword 2.
On some forums people say there is a similar easter egg during the Prague section in Broken Sword 3. Others say there isn't an easter egg there at all.
Is there or not?
Old 06-17-2006, 11:47 AM   #43
Lurking Myst Missionary

The Zandoni in Uru. Which I have yet to experience myself, but some of the pics are pretty funny.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:52 PM   #44
Adventure Lover

Send a message via AIM to Boneho Chane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Goku
On some forums people say there is a similar easter egg during the Prague section in Broken Sword 3. Others say there isn't an easter egg there at all.
Is there or not?
If you're talking about the easter egg on the streets of paris, then yes there is one. You're suppose to attempt to use the lipstick on the skater. After Nico refuses to do so, run down the street. Instead of Nico normally turning back around, you'll get a loading screen. Once it's done loading you can access the rest of the city, but there's really nothing back there...well, there is a dog that walks around. But you can't interact with. My guess is there originally supposed to more back there, but it was cut. Possibly just a giltch.

I checked out the Riven easter eggs. They're all pretty interesting, especially the scene with Gehn.
Old 06-20-2006, 02:39 PM   #45
The Punisher

Send a message via ICQ to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via AIM to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via MSN to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to [toj.cc]Phantom

If I remember correctly the character from Beneath a Steel Sky is in one of the Broken Sword games.

My favorite, if you consider it an easter egg is that Edward Van Helgan in The Curse of Monkey Island is named after Eddie Van Halen...
Old 06-20-2006, 02:54 PM   #46
Adventure Lover

Send a message via AIM to Boneho Chane

Quote:
Originally Posted by [toj.cc]Phantom
If I remember correctly the character from Beneath a Steel Sky is in one of the Broken Sword games.

My favorite, if you consider it an easter egg is that Edward Van Helgan in The Curse of Monkey Island is named after Eddie Van Halen...
Yeah, that was one of the first eggs mentioned. I don't think it was the same voiceactor though...or was it? I haven't played it in a while.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:30 AM   #47
Plumber-x company

Send a message via AIM to Filmman Send a message via Yahoo to Filmman

My Favorite Easter Egg is have to be Space Quest series
Old 06-03-2007, 06:17 AM   #48

Default Easter Eggs in games

I was thinking about old games and I remember a funny easter egg in a great game called Timelapse,
Spoiler:
where the Easter Island heads get up and walk away wearing brightly colour board shorts.
Anyone else have any good easter eggs in games they are playing or have played.

Last edited by Melanie68; 06-03-2007 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Added spoiler tags :)
Old 06-03-2007, 10:28 AM   #49
Super Moderator

I've played Timelapse and I've never seen that one! That's cool. How do you get that one? You can put it in spoilers:

[ spoiler ]text here[ /spoiler ] (leave out the spaces in the brackets)
Old 06-03-2007, 11:02 AM   #50

You can see a whole bunch of them here.

My personal favorites though are the Beneath a Steel Sky scene in Mr. Smoozles Goes Nutso and the Guybrush MI1 death scene joke in Curse of Monkey Island.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:31 AM   #51

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

Not an adventuregame, but if you play Baldur's Gate you are given a pair of Golden Pantaloons. If you then import that character in Baldur's Gate II and find the Silver Pantaloons and then import that character in the Baldur's Gate II expansion and find the Bronze Pantalettes, you can give all three to a gnome who construct a mech armor, a rocket launcher or a flamethrower for free. That's the only easter egg I know off that requires the combination of 3 games to unlock
Old 06-03-2007, 12:17 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68 View Post
I've played Timelapse and I've never seen that one! That's cool. How do you get that one? You can put it in spoilers:

[ spoiler ]text here[ /spoiler ] (leave out the spaces in the brackets)
I really dont remember how to put the easter egg in, I played that game in 1990ish, but I reckon you could find it if you go to and easter egg site.I know it got something to do with the easter island heads.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:27 PM   #53

I loved all the Monkey Island refferences in Gilbert Goodmate.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:21 PM   #54
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

The Batmobile in KQ5 was a funny, and surprising easter egg too.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:17 AM   #55
Biomechanoid

Send a message via MSN to Bobske

I also love the Easter Eggs in LSL 7.

Naughty and dirty, just the way I like 'em...

BTW, I love LSL 7, there are so many funny bits in the game. LSL7 is a masterpiece!

Try to look at Peggy's chest
Old 06-04-2007, 04:49 AM   #56
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

Yeah, lol...there are a LOT of jokes in LSL7 that can be found by using the typing interface....pretty amazing game, considering all the content in it.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:56 PM   #57

Easter Eggs that I accidently discovered are in Leisure Suit Larry and Space Quest.

I got frustrated in one of them and typed 'Cheat'. In Leisure Suit Larry a text box appears telling you that you have completed the game and then exits it (annoying if you didn't save).

And in Space Quest it takes you to the end credits with full score.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:15 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by kglaser View Post
The reaction of Jim in Black Dahlia if you make too many wrong guesses looking through the file cabinet at the warehouse. It scared me so bad it made me jump right out of my chair.
What happens ?

Could somebody clarify this ?
Old 06-05-2007, 05:04 AM   #59
Homesick alien

Default Little known CMI easter egg

I stumbled across a small one in The Curse of Monkey Island a long time ago. I had gotten it for Christmas and was playing it the day of new years eve. I'd forgotten to turn off the computer earlier that evening, so after I came in from watching the fireworks I went in to shut down the game. I remember that I'd been impressed with the in-game clock (on a tower) that was in sync with the real world, and where Guybrush would voice the time like a telephone-time-service. Imagine my surprise when I ended a conversation with a character (don't remember which one, but it was near the clock tower - maybe at the dueling grounds) and after his usual reply he added a "... Oh - and happy new year!"
Old 06-05-2007, 09:04 AM   #60
"But... It's Pink."

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevIce View Post
I stumbled across a small one in The Curse of Monkey Island a long time ago. I had gotten it for Christmas and was playing it the day of new years eve. I'd forgotten to turn off the computer earlier that evening, so after I came in from watching the fireworks I went in to shut down the game. I remember that I'd been impressed with the in-game clock (on a tower) that was in sync with the real world, and where Guybrush would voice the time like a telephone-time-service. Imagine my surprise when I ended a conversation with a character (don't remember which one, but it was near the clock tower - maybe at the dueling grounds) and after his usual reply he added a "... Oh - and happy new year!"
That would have been Palido Domingo at the Brimstone Beach Club - his answer to your question "How long have you been out here?" varies depending on the date your computer's calendar is set too. Pretty nifty!