You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Favorite easter egg in adventure game

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2006, 02:10 PM   #21

Hands down favorite for me would be the 'Don't Press This Button' buttons in the escape pod in Space Quest 1 EGA and VGA versions. The first one is cute, but they really turned it into something hysterical in the VGA version.

Oh, and firing your gun when it was still in your holster and blowing your leg off in Police Quest was always good for a laugh .
Old 06-12-2006, 05:34 PM   #22
Mad Rabbit

Here's the easter egg in Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths. Prograph calls it a "bonus level",...

Spoiler:
...but there's nothing to do there except look at the artwork. This was confirmed in an email they sent me.

I captured the full-length, so you can see everything. The picture contains a slight spoiler.

http://www.madrabbit.net/temp/tony_tough_ee.jpg
Old 06-12-2006, 08:09 PM   #23
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

Man,I love easter eggs...

-the console in GK3, the one that makes the hotel desk clerk guy hop is a riot.

-LSL7 is my favorite game for eggs, I especially like the one in dialogue where you hear Al Lowe and others cracking up in the background of the recording session, lol. There are soooo many things hidden in this game....

The dialogue box in Starship Titanic was a fun way to unlock hidden conversations, lol. Was never able to finish the game (lost the 3D glasses), but the dialogue kept me entertained.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:11 PM   #24
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurufinwe
...and a few of those in Riven were really clever.
Easter eggs in Riven? Tell me, tell me!
Old 06-13-2006, 12:17 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa
Easter eggs in Riven? Tell me, tell me!
See one of my other posts in this thread for a link.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 06-16-2006, 02:32 AM   #26
Grumpy & bitter man

Send a message via ICQ to VoodooFX Send a message via MSN to VoodooFX

I like the Terminator2 reference in The Dig, maybe not an easter egg per se, but still funny stuff.

When Boston asks Maggie about Brink (by clicking his picture in the dialog interface) the sequence plays in the following order:

Boston: Have you seen this boy?
Maggie: What?
Boston: Nothing!

For all of you in the dark... Boston Low was voiced by Robert Patrick, the guy who played T-1000 in Terminator 2, where he delivers this, now cult, line to John Connor's best friend.
Also if you examine your Palm PC, he replies It's T-1000 model

Last edited by VoodooFX; 06-16-2006 at 05:40 AM.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:48 AM   #27
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Any easter eggs in the Space Quest Universe. They're all great.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 06-16-2006, 05:38 AM   #28

Guybrush calling the Lucasarts helpline in Monkey Island 2

Gillian calling the ex-directory numbers in Snatcher

Gillian talking to the fortune teller in Snatcher

Playing mainly Lucasarts, Simon the Sorceror, Broken Sword and Discworld games, I don't think i've encountered many real easter eggs!
Old 06-16-2006, 05:56 AM   #29
Full Throttle

Send a message via MSN to Arash Send a message via Yahoo to Arash

i liked the knife playing bit in Full throttle.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:38 AM   #30
Bad command or file name

In Harvester, your mother would give you a funny and disturbing response if you typed in a particular very naughty word into the parser.

...bysmitty
-sober up
-watch simpsons at 6pm
-UPDATE MY WEBSITE!!!
Old 06-16-2006, 12:07 PM   #31

The reaction of Jim in Black Dahlia if you make too many wrong guesses looking through the file cabinet at the warehouse. It scared me so bad it made me jump right out of my chair.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:46 PM   #32
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Oh using the Mes in white chamber and trying to solve a certain puzzle before getting the code you need to solve it
Old 06-16-2006, 07:18 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kglaser
The reaction of Jim in Black Dahlia if you make too many wrong guesses looking through the file cabinet at the warehouse. It scared me so bad it made me jump right out of my chair.

What happens? I don't have the game but i'm interested
Old 06-16-2006, 08:03 PM   #34
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatchef
Playing mainly Lucasarts, Simon the Sorceror, Broken Sword and Discworld games, I don't think i've encountered many real easter eggs!
There are easter eggs in Broken Sword. And a rather nice one in Discworld 2.

On the subject of the Discworld games, someone on another forum once posted:

Near the end of the DW1 English.txt, there is a line that reads:
“I want to be the first person in a game to say #$%&*.”

And after the lines describing the Luggage in the DW2 English.txt, the following lines appear:
“I want to be the first person in a game to say f**k!
What do you mean I've already said it?
Alright then, I want to be the first person in a sequel to say f**k!
Anyway, nobody wrote in and said they'd heard it in the first game, it must have been too well hidden!”

I assume that these are Rincewind’s lines and that there is some way to make him say them in each game (as part of an Easter Egg), but apparently nobody has figured out how…

Hint for the f*** line in DW1, supposedly supplied by the Lead Programmer of Discworld 1 and 2: “In a large group, the ayes have it”

Has anyone ever heard Eric Idle say those lines?
Old 06-16-2006, 08:12 PM   #35

I'm pretty sure that back in the day a friend of mine extracted the audio for Discworld and we would have noticed if someone said f**k.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:08 AM   #36
Senior *female* member

Are you saying this other poster was talking through his pointed hat? All I know is that it IS in the file English.txt.
Old 06-17-2006, 01:07 AM   #37

I'm going to have to get the game out now, extract the audio and listen to it all :I

Not sure if I can be bothered to play it all the way through again to try to find the egg. "That doesn't work. That doesn't work. That doesn't work. That doesn't work. That doesn't work. That doesn't work. That doesn't work. That doesn't work. That doesn't work. That doesn't work. That doesn't work. That doesn't work. That doesn't work. That doesn't work. That doesn't work. That doesn't work. That doesn't work. That doesn't work. That doesn't work. That doesn't work. That doesn't work. That doesn't work. That doesn't work. That doesn't work. That doesn't work. That doesn't work. That doesn't work. That doesn't work. That doesn't work. That doesn't work. That doesn't work. That doesn't work."

Last edited by beatchef; 06-17-2006 at 01:17 AM.
Old 06-17-2006, 01:39 AM   #38
Senior *female* member

LOL!

Here's the thread at the other forum I was talking about, where you can read what the Lead Programmer said about the easter eggs.

http://www.justadventure.com/cgi-bin...28210100/11#11
Old 06-17-2006, 02:12 AM   #39

Umm.. That (link) doesn't work. I'll have a look at it when it comes back online or something? "104 An Error Has Occurred!: Unable to open 128210100.txt "

The only large group I can think of is the dragon... conjurers. The ayes ahve it, no idea if that's referring to having to do something with 'affirmative' or if it's a cryptic clue to do with 'eyes' or if the large group is a collection of objects. It could be anything
Old 06-17-2006, 02:45 AM   #40
Senior *female* member

The link doesn't work for me either. Don't know what I did wrong, because when I'm logged in I can access the thread. I am kind of stupid that way...

Anyway, here's what this Lead Programmer guy wrote in reply to the poster who started the thread:

Hi all,

To-date no-one (that I know of) has ever found either of the "Eric Idle says F***" cheats that I put into Discworld I & II.

There are matching sound-bytes for the text in both games (which would make great Windows sounds if extracted).

The speech file in Discworld 1 was not "bleeped" (and see what happened below). The F-word in Discworld 2 was bleeped out (to keep the publisher happy... see why below).

Here is the story I was told...

Someone's PC crashed while running Discworld I and it started playing all the sound bytes end-to-end.
They listened to the lot and were amazed when Eric Idle spoke the infamous phrase:
"I want to be the first person in a game to say f***!... f***, f***, f***, f***, f***!"

Result: one unhappy publisher... one embarassed lead programmer

I have to wonder if anyone ever will find my cheats, as exact sequences of actions are required (more so in DWI than DWII).

Happy hunting!

Dave Johnston
Lead Programmer Discworld I & II

Two posters said they HAD heard Rincewind say it:

A. Thank gawd for this topic. i did hear it once, when it first came out, but couldn't ever reproduce it. Thought I was going nuts (it was about 4-5am, and i'd been playing the previous 8 hours).

B. I'm pretty sure I heard it when the game was made. However, how can you tell it was an easter egg? It's just a piece of dialog like any other in the game. I never thought it qualified anything out of the ordinary.