Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Name the opening scene/music that grabs you (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/15372-name-opening-scene-music-grabs-you.html)

saucyminx 06-11-2006 12:18 AM

Name the opening scene/music that grabs you

I don't know if this topic has ever been explored before. Sorry if it has.

I keep thinking about the opening scene and music in Still Life. Granted, the game has flaws, but I thought the introduction was awesome, what's with the eerie painting of the girl at the bridge. The music was great and dramatic, IMHO, and it still echoes in my head.

So, what would be opening scene/music that grabs you immediately?

MI3 had a cool introduction. I thought The Last Express had flair, too.

KriD 06-11-2006 12:25 AM

Yes, definately Still Life.

I also liked the intro in Gabriel Knight 3.

UPtimist 06-11-2006 12:50 AM

I think I've got to say, surprise, surprise, Gabriel Knight 3. That picture of the angel and Gabe and all combined to the excellence that is all the game's music, the opening theme being no exception. Plus it's just such an elegant design there...

saucyminx 06-11-2006 12:52 AM

Too abrupt though. But yes, lovely music.

Jeysie 06-11-2006 01:02 AM

Admittedly not an adventure, but I still have yet to play a game whose intro/opening comes close to topping that in the game Fallout. (I also have yet to play a game with a better ending than Fallout, for that matter. But that's another thread.)

In terms of adventures, however, I rather like the intro to Gabriel Knight 1.

Peace & Luv, Liz

Arash 06-11-2006 01:31 AM

Legacy by The Gone Jackals at the begining of Full Throttle. Even today when i play it, it blows me away.

also love the music of Syberia.

Jelena 06-11-2006 02:22 AM

I agree with Mira here. I liked both Still Life and M.I 3 opening music.
The first music you hear in Sentinel is also really cool.

RLacey 06-11-2006 02:27 AM

I remember the opening of GK3 for its terrible video quality :crazy:.

On the other hand, I have good memories of the Beneath a Steel Sky intro (the disk version) and the opening to The Curse of Monkey Island. There are others, but I'd be here all day if I wanted to list them all.

Solid Snake 06-11-2006 02:38 AM

Full throttle and Curse of Monkey Island as music and scene
Blade Runner as scene

Roman5 06-11-2006 03:13 AM

Moment of Silence opening intro and cut scene is fairly memorable.

saucyminx 06-11-2006 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arash
Legacy by The Gone Jackals at the begining of Full Throttle. Even today when i play it, it blows me away.

Hell yeah! That scene rocks!

colpet 06-11-2006 04:18 AM

The funeral march at the beginning of Syberia blew me away. I watched it over and over again, even before playing the game.

saucyminx 06-11-2006 04:36 AM

Kate looked a little like J. Lo in that scene.

sp36 06-11-2006 05:02 AM

Gabriel Knight 3 had some of the best intro music I've ever heard, so moving!

colpet 06-11-2006 05:08 AM

Gk3 was the first music I ever downloaded from a game. I have it on a CD. The theme track is very evocative and powerful.

equallyAvant 06-11-2006 05:13 AM

Absolutely Broken Sword 1 intro cinematic

Ledz 06-11-2006 05:25 AM

my two favorite Sierra games have excellent intros which are worthy of mention.

Conquests of The Longbow was always quite ground breaking with it's fully written and composed song which you could sing along with, and it did an excellent work of introducing the story.

King's Quest VI was the first intro that really gave a cinematic feel. it had beautiful animations, excellent voice acting, and the music was awesome.

simpson_yellow 06-11-2006 05:45 AM

Bioforge. Cinematic and well paced. And there's Dr Mastaba with that circular saw....

Full Throttle and Day of the Tentacle - awesome intros with perfectly suited music.

ollie 06-11-2006 05:46 AM

I think that Gabriel Knight 3's introduction and theme music are the best of any adventure game I played (I see my feeling is shared by many others :) ).

Full Throttle and The Dig (fantastic score!) are also great; worth of mention too are The Curse Of Monkey Island and The Journeyman Project 3.

saucyminx 06-11-2006 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by equallyAvant
Absolutely Broken Sword 1 intro cinematic

I can't believe I forgot all about BS1.