You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Would you replay Indigo Prophecy from the beginning

View Poll Results: Replay Indigo Prophecy from the beginning
Yes 24 57.14%
No 11 26.19%
Maybe, Maybe not 7 16.67%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2006, 01:38 AM   #1

Default Would you replay Indigo Prophecy from the beginning

What make you replay the game from the very beginning.

I find the character and voice acting very very close to real life. And despite the story goes finally to a scientific super-natural kind of ending, I still find it wortht he time replaying it.
Old 05-27-2006, 01:55 AM   #2

I'll replay it from the beginning after buying me a killer gamepad
In the meantime I'm still putting it on to hear the soundtrack.
Old 05-27-2006, 04:31 AM   #3
Schattenjäger

Send a message via AIM to Polecat

Multiple endings!
Old 05-27-2006, 06:13 AM   #4

I 've already replayed it once, and might just do so again. Only not in the immediate future...
Old 05-27-2006, 08:11 AM   #5
Roman5

I got to the end and finished with a doomed ending. Then I went back to the last fight, redid it and got the happy ending. Then I went back to a couple of earlier chapters to make a different decision ( such as whathisname staying with or leaving his girlfriend) just to see how the dialogue would change and that was enough for me, no need to replay from the beginning really. Great game though, satisfied customer.

Old 05-27-2006, 12:31 PM   #6
fov
Rattenmonster

I started over from the beginning (haven't completed it yet though). I enjoyed the first part of the story so much I want to experience it again. I might stop playing when I get to the part where it turns weird. But I also want to make a different decision in the orphanage

Spoiler:
and let fake Agatha take Jade instead of saving her

because someone told me I'll see a few different scenes if I do that.
Old 05-27-2006, 04:05 PM   #7
Fop
Epsilon-Minus Semi-Moron

No damn way would I ever go through that again.
Old 05-27-2006, 05:45 PM   #8
Fulci lives

Never!
Or maybe i would reconsider replaying the game if there was a patch(or something) that removes all the annoying minigames, especially those ****ing "Simon Sez" sequences.

Fahrenheit(aka Indigo Prophecy) could have been an excellent game if it weren´t for the minigames they ruined the whole game for me.

I really hope there wont be any of those in Hard Rain.
Old 05-27-2006, 07:49 PM   #9
I know it's 'Pancake'....

Well, being a fan of games in general (I'm a game developer, tested games, made games, you name it, games are what I'm all about ) I love the 'Simon Says' sequences just as much as I love the beggining, middle and end, overall it's just one great game .

Never really replay games, like I never really re-watch movies, seen/played it once, seen/played it a thousand times as they say, may pick it up again one day.. When I forget what it's all about .
Old 05-28-2006, 01:34 AM   #10
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

Nah, I wouldn't play it again. First of all, so much of the story is dependent on what comes next. At the very beginning, you don't know why Lucas has killed a man. That's the hook that keeps you going. The moment-to-moment story (Lucas trying to deal with what happened) doesn't appeal to me at all. On replays it's the short-term that's important. Now, the action scenes would keep me entertained in the short term, but they're scattered all over the place. You have to sit through a lot of the story to get to one. So no replay.
Old 05-28-2006, 03:27 PM   #11

I played it ... oh, three to five times, somewhere around that. Some were half replays, some full. I know I definitely played it through fully three times at least. I really enjoyed the game, I didn't think the plot was that bad (I managed to fill up a great many plot holes myself using hints given by the game itself -- albeit in a most obtuse and vague manner, it certainly required imagination) but what I really liked was the characters.

It seems a lot of games these days, even adventure games, forget how important characters are. A lot of the adventure games I've played recently have suffered this problem. The main characters in say, Still Life and a Moment of Silence. The stories of those games were pretty good but the characters were rather flat and uninteresting.

Fahrenheit really brought to the forefront again what it meant to have good characters in games, reminding one of why it meant so much back in the day. Why I enjoyed the Tex Murphy games so much. Why the Indy adventure games were so endearing and so on. I'm used to great characters in written literature but it seems the writing of characters in games has gone downhill.

In this regard, I really think that Fahrenheit set a benchmark for other games to follow. It was because I was so impressed by the likeable, believable and indeed, charming characters that I got so into it. The three main characters of the game are some of the most fleshed out in recent years and if for that reason alone, I thought it deserved a replay. ... or three.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:47 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamham Chan
Never!
Or maybe i would reconsider replaying the game if there was a patch(or something) that removes all the annoying minigames, especially those ****ing "Simon Sez" sequences.
For this one, I have to agree with you. Those "Simon Says" sequences are absolutely annoying. I recall a fight between Lucas and another caharacter in the game, it would be excellent to watch that action clip all the way through without being distracted by paying attentions to the gamepad.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:46 PM   #13
merely human

No, I'm not interested in playing it again. I pretty much got the geist of the story and what it conveyed. I'm mainly not interested because I'm deep in Dreamfall right now and am also deep in Oblivion, which I find extraordinarily deep in exploration and discovery.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-29-2006, 12:02 AM   #14

I already played it again once (from the beginning). I also played a few of the scenes multiple times (park scene, ending scene). fov, the orphanage idea you mentioned sounds really cool if it works,

Spoiler:
although I'm not sure that lucas will take someone else, I think he just says that it's not the right girl. even if he will, there's a good chance the game will just end saying you failed to find the indigo child...

but please let us know if it does work...
Old 05-29-2006, 05:24 AM   #15
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I'm sure that I will do at some point. That's probably one of the few advantages that it being a fairly short game has - I'm more likely to replay it.

Mind you, I'm getting sick of adventure games with badly-implemented sneaking sections, and I remember one section of Fahreneheit/Indigo Prophecy that really irritated me the first time through.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 05-29-2006, 08:46 AM   #16
Lazy adventurer

Send a message via Yahoo to wicked

The only reason i'd replay it for would be the story, even if it's bad in the end. Those sequences of button pressing (don't know how to call them ) were the worst thing that could happen to this game, but overall it's a nice game. but it could have been great..
Old 05-29-2006, 08:51 AM   #17
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuyaMan
fov, the orphanage idea you mentioned sounds really cool if it works
I was told that

Spoiler:
if you let Agatha get her at the orphanage, there is another scene at the park where you get her back from Agatha.

Maybe someone who played it that way can confirm?
Old 05-29-2006, 10:18 AM   #18

Send a message via MSN to kuddles

I'm one of those people that goes with my gut instincts all the time. Any game with multiple paths almost always has me going in one directions. Blame it on my linear gameplay dependency: I couldn't even bring myself to follow the dark side in KOTOR. Even when I try, I'll probably end up seeing the exact same things on my second time through.