You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Nintendo DS games?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2006, 01:22 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to fishcube
Default Nintendo DS games?

So, anyone here played any Adventure games on Nintendo DS? Looking to buy the new Nintendo DS lite and am looking forward to trying out some of the adventure games.

SK
Starting soon: Barrow Hill, Scratches
Future or restarts: TMOS, Echo, The Last Express, Broken Sword-Dragon, RTMI, Myst/Riven/Exile, Nancy Drew Crystal Skull
Finished: StillLife, Nibiru, Syberia I&II, TLJ, Black Mirror, Sanitarium, Runaway.
For trade: Schizm
---
Looking at getting a Raon Everun Note or Wibrain i1
--
HP dv9500t
Old 05-24-2006, 01:55 PM   #2
AKA Tyler Whitney

Phoenix Wright is outstanding.

Another Code is fun - and has a pretty good story, I thought - but ultimately very short.
Old 05-24-2006, 02:39 PM   #3

Coming soon: (this year or beginning of next)

Phoenix Wright 2
Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Touch Detective

Just want to recommend Trauma Center, although its not an adventure game (more of a puzzle touch-screen based game) it has a decent story with unique gameplay.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:02 PM   #4

I have bought so many games for the DS Probably because it's the only console I own not to mention it's perfect for casual gaming or when I have to wait around someplace for a while O_O d

As far as adventure games go, yes, the ones that have been listed look superb. I wouldn't quite recommend Another Code (also called Trace Memory, in the states), though. Bought it, played it. Schmeh. It's one of those games that was fun, but far far too short and far far too easy.

Lost In Blue is one of those survival adventure games. It's good in that it's different, but may get boring/frustrating after a while. MAYBE. I played it and quite enjoyed it, but I stopped cause life interrupted I'll pick it up again at some point, surely.

And! You cannot go wrong with Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney and Phoenix Wright: Justice For All (when it comes out).

Timbo
Old 05-25-2006, 08:45 AM   #5
Roar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo
Lost In Blue is one of those survival adventure games. It's good in that it's different, but may get boring/frustrating after a while. MAYBE. I played it and quite enjoyed it, but I stopped cause life interrupted I'll pick it up again at some point, surely.
It's worth it to play it until the end! At least I thought so. I was beginning to think the game was never ending.

I FINALLY found a copy of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. I paid a ridiculous price for it so it better be good.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:11 PM   #6
I'm complicated

Send a message via MSN to smashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoofa
It's worth it to play it until the end! At least I thought so. I was beginning to think the game was never ending.

I FINALLY found a copy of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. I paid a ridiculous price for it so it better be good.
You won't regret it. It's one of the better games on DS so far!
Old 05-25-2006, 10:11 PM   #7

I've got too many DS games I really should stop, but it'd be easier if Nintendo just stopped cranking out solid titles

Timbo
Old 05-28-2006, 04:52 AM   #8
I'm complicated

Send a message via MSN to smashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo
I've got too many DS games I really should stop, but it'd be easier if Nintendo just stopped cranking out solid titles

Timbo
Well, you're in luck. DS only have 2 more adventure games in the foreseeable future. Just two more!

Just forget about NSMB, Zelda, Star Fox, Mario vs DK, Elite Beat Agent, Pokemon Rangers, Children of Mana, Yoshi Island 2, Contact etc. etc.
Old 05-28-2006, 05:07 AM   #9
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashing
Well, you're in luck. DS only have 2 more adventure games in the foreseeable future. Just two more!
Three.