You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure The Longest Journey Ending. (Spoilers, obviously)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2006, 02:12 PM   #1
I've come for the fork!

Default The Longest Journey Ending. (Spoilers, obviously)

So I just finished TLJ, (Hey it only took me six years.. hehe) and I've got a question maybe someone can explain to me.
Why.. no, HOW was Crow with the old woman in the end? I mean, she tells the story like it was thousands of years in the past, so how can Crow possible still be around? Maybe her dimension is timeless I suppose, which would explain how she herself could survive so long. Or maybe April=the old woman? (Lady.. Alvanni, was it?)
Thoughts? I'm sure this was covered in old threads, if so I apologize for bringing up an old topic.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:19 PM   #2
Ronin

It's been a while since I played the game, but yeah, the old woman was April. I think that was pretty obvious.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:46 PM   #3
I've come for the fork!

Obvious? I dont know. It gets confusing considering April visited the old woman near the end. How can one visit themselves?
Old 05-09-2006, 03:49 PM   #4
SamNMax

It's The Longest Journey. Anything is possible.

Old 05-09-2006, 04:22 PM   #5
Aj_
Beyond Belief

It's not so obvious, a lot of non-native English speakers don't get the self reference at the end, because generally you don't refer to yourself by name to yourself.

That, crow being with her, that she'll see her again, and the details she knows are the only clues inside the game that she is April. Outside the game, the textures/models/animations of the old woman are named oldapril.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:48 AM   #6
Dungeon Master

Another clue is the passage in April's diary, where she refers to the old woman as "strangely familiar", or something like that. Unless Dreamfall (or TLJ3) contradicts it, I see no reason not to believe that Lady Alvane = April.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdriller
So I just finished TLJ, (Hey it only took me six years.. hehe) and I've got a question maybe someone can explain to me.
Why.. no, HOW was Crow with the old woman in the end? I mean, she tells the story like it was thousands of years in the past, so how can Crow possible still be around? Maybe her dimension is timeless I suppose, which would explain how she herself could survive so long. Or maybe April=the old woman? (Lady.. Alvanni, was it?)
Thoughts? I'm sure this was covered in old threads, if so I apologize for bringing up an old topic.
Aside from the fact that some birds can outlive humans (plus Crow is a magical bird ), it's quite possible that the old woman is April.

***DREAMFALL SPOILER***
Spoiler:
Kian is also named Alvane, and since it's possible that him and April will marry, I guess April would become April Alvane
Old 05-10-2006, 06:45 PM   #8
I've come for the fork!

Yeah, I noticed that little hint jjacob. I'm only up to Chapter 6 in Dreamfall though. Will have to wait and see how that plays out.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:01 AM   #9

I havent even completed TLJ (after owning it for about 2 years Ive given up after the endless crashes) but I have always guessed that April was the old woman at the start of the game.