You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure 2 new french games (soon abroad?)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2006, 09:08 AM   #1
Barroom hero

Default 2 new french games (soon abroad?)

Paradise seems disappointing, says jeuxvideo.com, a site who doesn't dislike adventure games (they gave Syberia a 17/20 and Fahrenheit a 15/20 for instance)
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/articles/00...06486_test.htm

And Kheops new game seems real good, after RTMI and Voyage, Secret of da Vinci seems to be even better (though the title is a *bit* opportunistic )
http://www.clubic.com/test-jeux-vide...-interdit.html
Old 04-25-2006, 09:13 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tramboi
Paradise seems disappointing, says jeuxvideo.com, a site who doesn't dislike adventure games (they gave Syberia a 17/20 and Fahrenheit a 15/20 for instance)
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/articles/00...06486_test.htm
And Kheops new game seems real good, after RTMI and Voyage, Secret of da Vinci code seems to be even better (though the title is a *bit* opportunistic )
And of course, I had to be shopping last saturday. Poof, here goes 100€.

I'm currently playing Paradise, which is good enough for me up till now (meaning really close to the beginning, because I've been stuck for having missed a silly hotspot), and Da Vinci, which I have only installed and launched to check if it worked, is flirting with me from inside its box.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:17 AM   #3
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tramboi
And Kheops new game seems real good, after RTMI and Voyage, Secret of da Vinci seems to be even better (though the title is a *bit* opportunistic )
I played a bit of The Secrets of Da Vinci at GDC and I have to agree - it seems real good. Not quite as basic in the story / puzzle department as Echo, but not quite as gadgety as Voyage. Seems like a good blend. (And for those who enjoyed Echo's cave painting puzzles as much as I did, this game has some that are similar...)
Old 04-25-2006, 09:18 AM   #4

I've just read the Paradise review. I must say that I so far I agree with them; it's really good, but not as good as it could have been.

Now if i could just manage to get out of that stupid harem... where are all my adventure gaming reflexes?
Old 04-25-2006, 09:24 AM   #5

I bought both last Friday, and have been working on Paradise since then (finished it twice). I don't completely agree with the review at jeuxvideo.com, but I see what they're getting at; still, at the end of the day, I think I liked Paradise more than Syberia 2 (but less than 1), but it's definitely a game that took its time to grow on me.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 04-25-2006, 06:45 PM   #6
Roman5

When is DaVinci out in the UK, anyone know? Screenshots look amazing, and has the same inventory system as voyage and RTMI which is great.

Btw, this is on kheops site:

"Since The Secrets Of DaVinci is ready for launch, we are now working on two other titles which will be released in 2006. An adventure game and a puzzle game. "

Yipee!

Old 04-25-2006, 09:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman5
Btw, this is on kheops site:

"Since The Secrets Of DaVinci is ready for launch, we are now working on two other titles which will be released in 2006. An adventure game and a puzzle game. "

Yipee!
A few things are already known about the puzzle game. Not sure about the other one, though.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]