Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Dreamfall: Funcom Online Shop (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/14543-dreamfall-funcom-online-shop.html)

jaap 04-25-2006 05:19 AM

Dreamfall: Funcom Online Shop

Hi,

Are there people who ordered dreamfall through the Funcom Online Shop that already have received the game? I ordered it 04/06/2006, but haven't received anything yet.
I'm not sure where they ship from, but it shouldn't take that long to the Netherlands, does it?

With kind regards,

Jaap

giga 04-25-2006 05:32 AM

I ordered the limited edition and I expect that it ships at the end of this week. They did mention 7-20 days of shipping time :crazy:

After a brisk nap 04-25-2006 05:54 AM

Have heard nothing from Funcom since I placed the pre-order. I wouldn't hold my breath for the limited edition if I were you, giga, since there's no sign of the regular version shipping even a week after release.

I saw the game in a computer store yesterday, and swore at myself for having had the idiotic idea to pre-order. After the month it took Got Game Entertainment to ship me Bad Mojo (and having them fail repeatedly to cancel the order during that time), this is the last time I order directly from a developer or publisher. They just don't seem to be competent to deal directly with customers.

Tanukitsune 04-25-2006 06:00 AM

I ordered the Limited Edition too... :frown:

giga 04-25-2006 06:24 AM

I knew this kind of problems would occur, but if you wanted to order the limited edition, I think you had no choice but to order it directly.

bysmitty 04-25-2006 07:28 AM

Sorry to hear guys. That has got to be frusterating. Really, that has been my experience with pre-orders across the board. I think the soonest I ever got a pre-order in was a week after the official release date thus defeating the purpose of the pre-order. I too have swore not to pre-order anymore because of this but of course, I have yet to find Dreamfall in any of my local stores. My EB had the xBox version but of course, no PC version. When I asked the clerk, guess what his reaction was... 'Dreamfall? Never heard of it. You should really pre-order obscure games like that'. I guess there is just no way to win.

...bysmitty

giga 04-25-2006 07:35 AM

A videogame salesman should know about any obscure game that holds number 1 on gamespots most popular game for days, and still holds on to number 4 at this moment.

tabacco 04-25-2006 07:36 AM

I e-mailed and asked:

Quote:

Dear Doug,

Because of a delay of delivery the product will be shipped on the 5th of may.

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

Your Online Shop Team
That's for the non-limited edition too :(

Looks like I won't be getting my real copy til after E3.

Xerilon 04-25-2006 07:51 AM

Tabacco thats bad news!! I have pre-ordered too (regular edition) without any game in my mailbox yet,, and I live in Norway!! Wonder where funcom ships from...:\ :\ :\

tabacco 04-25-2006 07:54 AM

The fulfillment house is in Germany, I believe.

kuze 04-25-2006 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tabacco
The fulfillment house is in Germany, I believe.

So the shipment within Germany should be fast, hmm. Still can't decide whether to import the game or order directly from funcom.com.

RLacey 04-25-2006 08:36 AM

They shipped from Ireland when I ordered TLJ, so it may come from elsewhere :crazy:.

BenjaminBunny 04-25-2006 08:55 AM

maybe all this means that the game is selling so well that their running out of copies?...well, hopefully that's the reason.

even though that would be a pretty lame reason.

Brandon 04-25-2006 02:58 PM

I didn't know of anywhere else to order the limited edition, so I ordered it from Funcom. Hopefully the shipping is fast, what with the now-delayed shipping date.

I received a confirmation of order email. I expect they should send a confirmation of shipment email, but I don't know. Most online retailers usually do. I rarely do pre-orders, though.

CaveBear 04-25-2006 03:06 PM

Well, my sister ordered Dreamfall (regular edition) from Funcom on April 10th for herself and me and I just told me sister to cancel the Funcom order (my order at least), because someone said it had Starforce on it! I hope it's not too late to cancel...

EDIT: it's too bad you can't just log into your Funcom shop account and cancel your order that way... I'm going to try to avoid doing business with Asknet in the future.

Brandon 04-25-2006 05:52 PM

There are some weird store systems out there. I want the limited edition though, so if it has Starforce, I'll just buy a regular edition locally as well.

BenjaminBunny 04-25-2006 06:54 PM

i hope the limited edition ships on time...

Junkface 04-26-2006 01:33 AM

I was wondering what was happening with my preorder of the regular edition from Funcom, so I e-mailed them a coupled of days ago, and got a reply today saying it shipped yesterday, so I don't know why other people's haven't as well. Although, I never got any official looking confirmation like you usually get from on-line stores on the day it supposedly shipped, so I'm still not entirely sure what's happening.

After a brisk nap 04-26-2006 07:53 AM

Hmm... are Funcom monitoring this forum?

The day after I complain about the delay in shipping the game, I get an email saying my copy has shipped. The same morning, UPS delivers it to my door. Hmmm.... :shifty:

Well, if that's the case: Thanks, undercover Funcom guys!

tabacco 04-26-2006 07:53 AM

Yeah, my copy shipped today too. Weird.

It shipped from Ohio, by the way.